Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a *REAL* cherri review

first let me say i go to sf, arc, deko, metro, river street(once in a while) & joeys. i've been to cherri 6 times now. the first night and the past 5 weekends. it has come a long way from when it started. i think the promotion team is doing a tremendous job.

i have a few problems though. i''m going to be brutally honest(i'm not a hater or someone starting to start shit). this is some constructive critisism. i know alot of you on this board so this isn't a outright assault just things i feel to make the club better.

1) the crowd(not the hippest) is ok but i would start promoting to get other club crowds in (deko,sound garden).

2) music is WEAK. alot of you are friends with the resident but the music sucks(brutally honest). i heard joes sets @ metro new years eve & his sets @ riverstreet and there the same sets i hear every sat @ cherri. he needs to stop playing the same songs every week.

WHERE IS THE NEW MUSIC???

i heard denny last week @ riverstreet and he tore it up with all these sick NEW vocals. cherri the same songs sat after sat.

what happen to that other dj mike (who knows his last name and who cares) but he did throw down some new stuff.

your having a triple threat? are you threating us with dark beat 3 times in 1 night?(its a joke, laug

joe can mix( and is a GREAT GUY) but its not retro metro @ cherri every week.

i'm sure joe will start throwing down some new stuff(i hope) becuase there is just so much new music out there were missing because we go to cherri.

no hard feelings just a honest review.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by godisadj

first let me say i go to sf, arc, deko, metro, river street(once in a while) & joeys. i've been to cherri 6 times now. the first night and the past 5 weekends. it has come a long way from when it started. i think the promotion team is doing a tremendous job.

i have a few problems though. i''m going to be brutally honest(i'm not a hater or someone starting to start shit). this is some constructive critisism. i know alot of you on this board so this isn't a outright assault just things i feel to make the club better.

1) the crowd(not the hippest) is ok but i would start promoting to get other club crowds in (deko,sound garden).

2) music is WEAK. alot of you are friends with the resident but the music sucks(brutally honest). i heard joes sets @ metro new years eve & his sets @ riverstreet and there the same sets i hear every sat @ cherri. he needs to stop playing the same songs every week.

WHERE IS THE NEW MUSIC???

i heard denny last week @ riverstreet and he tore it up with all these sick NEW vocals. cherri the same songs sat after sat.

what happen to that other dj mike (who knows his last name and who cares) but he did throw down some new stuff.

your having a triple threat? are you threating us with dark beat 3 times in 1 night?(its a joke, laug

joe can mix( and is a GREAT GUY) but its not retro metro @ cherri every week.

i'm sure joe will start throwing down some new stuff(i hope) becuase there is just so much new music out there were missing because we go to cherri.

no hard feelings just a honest review.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR HONEST OPINION, AND YOU DON'T SOUND LIKE A HATER BUT I GOTTA ASK YOU....

WHY WOULD YOU GO TO CHERRI 6 WEEKS IN A ROW IF YOU DON'T CARE TOO MUCH FOR THE CROWD OR THE MUSIC?

Everyone is entititled to their own opinion, but I personally like the music @ Cherri. I think it fits the crowd and gets everyone dancing. I have been there every week since Elite took over and I always have a good time. I also think it has a pretty decent crowd, except for that chic last week in the cage:puke:

you got to give it a try...it takes time for a party to get on its feet...i totally agree with him...good promotion...alright crowd. its the same beats, same songs over and over every saturday. these are no name dj's tryin to make a name for themselves and have only djed in like 2 clubs, in jersey...hey guys...got to get the muzic that makes people move...not fall asleep...and i cant get any more honest. i was there last saturday and left after 2 hours to hit JP's bday, cant say much about that nite either:blown:

Originally posted by godisadj

i work in west orange til 10 ish on sats so i meet up with a couple friends. i lke the club i think its going to be a hot spot but in my opinion there some things that need to change. just my opinion. trying to be honest.

THE DJ WONT CHANGE THE FUCKING CLOWN IS BEST FRIENDS WITH THE PROMOTERS. I WILL BE CHECKING IT OUT AGAIN THIS WEEK AND ILL BE SURE TO POST A HONEST REVIEW

Originally posted by djmikeloikith

yes, they got rid of me. joe is a good dj. he plays what the crowd wants and the only songs the cherri crowd will dance to are familiar vocals. everytime i played something new i would clear the dance floor. :rolleyes:

- mike

Everything you said was so true. I dont think you were a bad dj at all, but it just wasnt right for the crowd:) . I think you were a big person to admit that. Joe plays what the crowd wants to hear and keeps everyone dancing:tongue:

DONT EXPECT ANY CHANGES IN THE MUSIC OR DJ. THESE PROMOTERS/OWNERS DONT GIVE 2 SHITS WHAT IS PLAYED AS LONG AS THEY ARE MAKING MONEY WHICH OF COURSE IS UNDERSTANDABLE. BUT WHEN U HAVE THIS CD LAYING GUY PLAYING LUZ,GOIN THRU IT,UNSPEAKABLE JOY EVERY WEEK IT GETS OLD AND PEOPLE DO TAKE NOTICE. TIME WILL TELL

Originally posted by djmikeloikith

yes, they got rid of me. joe is a good dj. he plays what the crowd wants and the only songs the cherri crowd will dance to are familiar vocals. everytime i played something new i would clear the dance floor. :rolleyes:

- mike

NOW I ONLY HEARD YOU ONCE SO CANT REALLY COMMENT, BUT JOE IS THE FURTHEST FROM A GOOD DJ HE IS JUST ANOTHER CLOWN WHO SPINS CHEESE AND PLAYED OUT SHIT FROM NJ LETS CALL IT LIKE IT IS.

Originally posted by johnholmes

NOW I ONLY HEARD YOU ONCE SO CANT REALLY COMMENT, BUT JOE IS THE FURTHEST FROM A GOOD DJ HE IS JUST ANOTHER CLOWN WHO SPINS CHEESE AND PLAYED OUT SHIT FROM NJ LETS CALL IT LIKE IT IS.

took the words out of my mouth...:cool:

Originally posted by psychosweetie9

Everything you said was so true. I dont think you were a bad dj at all, but it just wasnt right for the crowd:) . I think you were a big person to admit that. Joe plays what the crowd wants to hear and keeps everyone dancing:tongue:

very true.............thats one reason i am not running to go to places like metro............no offense but alot of the songs you can hear on KTU, for me i love the new stuff and would probably be the only one dancing when Mike was djing if he was playing new tracks (like "ALIVE")............i have always loved Joe and i know you gotta play what the crowd loves so keep up the good work..........i'll be passing by cherri soon

denny was awesome on Friday............omg i had an AWESOME time.............INSANE!!

Originally posted by crackaa55cece

very true.............thats one reason i am not running to go to places like metro............no offense but alot of the songs you can hear on KTU, for me i love the new stuff and would probably be the only one dancing when Mike was djing if he was playing new tracks (like "ALIVE")............i have always loved Joe and i know you gotta play what the crowd loves so keep up the good work..........i'll be passing by cherri soon

denny was awesome on Friday............omg i had an AWESOME time.............INSANE!!

oh snap

I just want to add that the "retro" stuff is by request...........and it seems that since the crowd "isn't" that mainstream they seem to go nutz when they hear an older song. This has been proven over the last two weeks. The dance floor has been pretty packed as of late and I think Joe is catering to that effect. Which, Imo makes him a good DJ. Also, you are right about the crowd, they are not the most clubby crowd, but the girls are very decent looks wise(other than the big chick in the cage-sorry)........so its getting better every week and hopefully will keep in that direction.....

John Holmes-shut the fuck up you pisece of shit........always lookin to start trouble with Elite........Just further proving the personal issue.......Get a life.......oh yeah....you still gonna smack me down

Originally posted by stiffler

I just want to add that the "retro" stuff is by request...........and it seems that since the crowd "isn't" that mainstream they seem to go nutz when they hear an older song. This has been proven over the last two weeks. The dance floor has been pretty packed as of late and I think Joe is catering to that effect. Which, Imo makes him a good DJ. Also, you are right about the crowd, they are not the most clubby crowd, but the girls are very decent looks wise(other than the big chick in the cage-sorry)........so its getting better every week and hopefully will keep in that direction.....

John Holmes-shut the fuck up you pisece of shit........always lookin to start trouble with Elite........Just further proving the personal issue.......Get a life.......oh yeah....you still gonna smack me down

LISTEN YOU FUCKING MOLE WHO WORKS AT H&R BLOCK GO PROCESS SOME W2s AND MAKE A FRESH POT OF COFFEE. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ELITE I SPOKE MY MIND ON HOW HORRIBLE THEIR 2 PLACES THEY POST ABOUT EVERY FFING WEEK ALONG WITH THEIR "DJS".YOUR FUCKING DONE YOU LITTLE SHIT DONT WORRY YOUR GETTING A SMACK YOU TWIG

Originally posted by johnholmes

LISTEN YOU FUCKING MOLE WHO WORKS AT H&R BLOCK GO PROCESS SOME W2s AND MAKE A FRESH POT OF COFFEE. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ELITE I SPOKE MY MIND ON HOW HORRIBLE THEIR 2 PLACES THEY POST ABOUT EVERY FFING WEEK ALONG WITH THEIR "DJS".YOUR FUCKING DONE YOU LITTLE SHIT DONT WORRY YOUR GETTING A SMACK YOU TWIG

Your so good with your comebacks.........what are you twelve?

Originally posted by psychosweetie9

thats what i'm saying the crowd is kind of weak where you have to hear dark beat to your ears hurt.

please play NEW MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no more classics to jp plays them.

if the promoters cant realize that the same songs night after night sucks (RIVER STEEET, CHERRI & JOEYS) then i have nothing else to say.

sorry mike, you lost your job because you play NEW MUSIC. promoters will realize they made a mistake getting rid of you. maybe thay will have a new music night @ you can dj there.

take this critisism constructivly & try to improve the vibe @ cherri.

You spoke your mind which made sense to only you........everybody understood my postion on your redundant posts.............If its not personal, then approach the attack in a professional way and not your first grade attempts. As far as beating me up over the way I speak to you on a message board.........get a life.