Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OK..bought the Acosta cd...TOUCHED..and..

spacecadet888

dude this shit is good!

its a 2 cd deal....

first is called Epic (Cd One)...

Very good trance...not the banging trance he usually plays but nonetheless he really impressed me on the selection of music.

now..the SECOND... (and OH how ive been waiting for this!) is Darc (Cd Two)...

Might i first say...that the cd...is fabulous...he hit my soft spot...bass/breakbeats...man...that stuff is SICK! great songs...superb...masterful...man i wish i had his older cd's that had dark music like some of this stuff...seriously...wow.

All i have to say...lol was that...any other people that liked/disliked it?

Holla!

Carlos H.

Yo Carlos.

Whats up with the first cd???? is is the same sound as his last cd "Next Level"? and the second cd u like alot, is that like his old hardcore shit???? just curious....i'm debating on getting it. I love acosta...but i wasnt too thrilled with his last cd.....Holla @ me daw.. U need to hook me up with the Network Cd's playa. I'm still waiting on them!

well i just heard the 1st one & im still pickin up the pieces cause i threw that shit against the fucking wall !!:mad: :mad: i honestly hope the second one is atlest descent .. cause if it isnt .. you 2 motherfuckers have shitty taste in music !!

:D j/k .. if it sucks ill raffle this piece of shit out

I'm with Koky on this one. Not as much the shitty taste in music as much as just how fucking bad it actually sounds. The CD sounds like it was recorded to fuck up your system There is some of the most horrible crackle and hiss I've ever heard. I can hardly even stand to listen to most of it, so I can't even really get into the music.

Originally posted by chaos33

I'm with Koky on this one. Not as much the shitty taste in music as much as just how fucking bad it actually sounds. The CD sounds like it was recorded to fuck up your system There is some of the most horrible crackle and hiss I've ever heard. I can hardly even stand to listen to most of it, so I can't even really get into the music.

That bad? :eek:

I think I'm going to buy it anyways to judge for myself :confused:

There is some of the most horrible crackle and hiss I've ever heard. I can hardly even stand to listen to most of it, so I can't even really get into the music.

I just got back from Grooveman and heard a few tracks on each CD, I'm not sure but I think the distortion chaos is refereing to is called Trance,,,,or something like that. I noticed that almost all the cd's on that section seem to have the same distortion. Wierd huh..

:D

Don't get sarcastic with me Aztec. I'm a huge GA fan and I've been listening to trance forever. If you had any type of an ear for music you would know that something is different about this CD. It' sounds like someone took an SM 57 and stuck it in the middle of a busted speaker and recorded his set.( O.k., it doesn't sound that bad) But for a major production and a well thought out CD, it seems a shame that there is so much distortion in it. I'm sure every effort was made to fix these deficiencies, but it's actually so bad at some parts that I have to skip to the next song.

Don't get sarcastic with me Aztec. I'm a huge GA fan and I've been listening to trance forever. If you had any type of an ear for music you would know that something is different about this CD. It' sounds like someone took an SM 57 and stuck it in the middle of a busted speaker and recorded his set.( O.k., it doesn't sound that bad) But for a major production and a well thought out CD, it seems a shame that there is so much distortion in it. I'm sure every effort was made to fix these deficiencies, but it's actually so bad at some parts that I have to skip to the next song.

my boy gene said it sounds like it was recorded on an analog system from 1983 then taped on to one of those maxell cassettes that cost 99 cents

Originally posted by jamezny1

my boy gene said it sounds like it was recorded on an analog system from 1983 then taped on to one of those maxell cassettes that cost 99 cents

I said there was a disclaimer on the CD saying that crackles & distortions are gonna be heard, put the jar down boy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by djfrosty

Acosta blows. You should switch to Tiesto

Think before you say...Last night (February 1st) was probably the best night i have ever had at a club..and it was with george acosta...dont get me wrong...your opinion is respectable considering maybe u dont like his style of music...but when at 12:30 he steps onto the decks and fires up 400+ people THE ENTIRE NIGHT...i doubt they can be wrong.

name me one other DJ that has pulled so much publicity in a move from clubs that Party 93.1 switched periodically from Club Space to let the world of Miami listen to him move the crowd at Club Spin.

Nuff Said.;)

Originally posted by spacecadet888

Think before you say...Last night (February 1st) was probably the best night i have ever had at a club..and it was with george acosta...

GA is NO Tiesto...Tiesto will run circles around GA...i dont care if GA is changing his sound...he cant hold a candle to Tiesto...not taking anything away from GA, i started listening to him when i first started REALLY started clubbing in 99...and if u would have asked my this question back then, i would have given u the same answer...TIESTO WILL RUN CIRCLES AROUND GA

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

GA is NO Tiesto...Tiesto will run circles around GA...i dont care if GA is changing his sound...he cant hold a candle to Tiesto...not taking anything away from GA, i started listening to him when i first started REALLY started clubbing in 99...and if u would have asked my this question back then, i would have given u the same answer...TIESTO WILL RUN CIRCLES AROUND GA

well , last time tiesto was here , he got his ass handed to him by edgar v :cool: :cool: tiesto is da man but edgar took his ass back to school. nuff said !! :D:cool: