Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for DJs..what headphones do you use???

sgtfury

Most DJs I know use the Sony MDR-V700s. Decent pair, a little light on the low end. Some are now using the V900s, which I haven't tried out yet. My favorites are the MDR-7509s, which are more for studio use, but stand up well in the road, and the low end is fantastic. Overall, the best out there from what I know.

Stanton DJ Pro-2000S. They sound great and I like the way they feel. I don't like the feel of the mdr's very much. And since the pair I have right now looks like they have been to hell and back, I'm actually considering purchasing the same ones again.

i've been a senheiser and sony user for my entire dj life: i still thing that the 600s are great entry level headphones for djs, camera operators, etc... i went through 3 pairs of mdr700s. i finally gave in and have been using mdr900s for about a year now. love em!

http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/accessories/studiomonitorheadphones/mdr-v900.shtml

paz,

stryke

Senheiser MD 25....good friend of mine turn me on to them. there sound quality is hard to match and they are much smaller then the sony's and last longer. I'm sorry but Sony is not known for putting out a quality product anymore. I went through 5 pairs of the 700's in 2 years.

Unless you have the money to blow on Sony 700's.... Your best bet is the Pro-2000 from Stanton (under $100). They'll last longer... although but they do not handle the same MAX volume. :cool:

For some reason, I do like the Bass better in the Stantons... probably because the earcup covers the ear better... or mabye because the Sony handles such a high freq. (I don't care for extreme highs directly in my ear)...

The next best ones for the money are the Audio Technicas D-Series and the Sennheiser... To me even the new Pioneer HDJ-1000 and the other High price Headphones (Technics / MOS) are'nt worth the money unless you can keep replacing them..

My 00.02 Centz,

B~

Call me old fashioned, but I'v got a Lollipop, custom made by Ariel (Shelter,Body & Soul/Vinyl/Dannys Light guy) it has 1 mono Sony MDR600. I like to press it up against my ear even ehen I'm not mixing. Only other I've seen using one of these down here is Stingray and Oscar way back 91,92.

But then again, I prefer

a Bozak over a Urei,

1100s over 1200s,

Vinyl over CD,

The thunder of an old RLA sound system over Todays EAWs

1 red light over all these lazers and shit

122bpm over 128bpm

Medicaid over Medicaire

cause in my days....

See ya

;)

.................I use the Sony 700's, the sound is great (wish there was a little more bass) and they fit perfect. I also have a pair of Koss UR30. The sound isnt as loud and crisp as the sonys but still great quality and durability. If you dont have a lot of money, I would STRONGLY suggest the Koss UR30. (best 30-40 dollar headphone u can buy)........................