Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is the Athlete you admire most?

ghhhhhost

i dont mean just because of his athletic abilities..but overall...

for me its..

Vlade Divac ...no one has done more for my country..no one has come closer to being an ambassador of good will. he's done nothing but positive things and helped bring joy and happiness to a country who really had nothin to be happy about for a good ten years.

LANCE ARMSTRONG......enough said!

I'd say sportsmanship-wise - John Stockton.

You never see this guy out on the town, cheating on his wife, etc.. Way to go John.

I also admire Mario LeMieux - the guy has Hodgkins Disease... wins the battle; comes back to the NHL and is the best player. That says alot about hope, determination, and hard work.

Big Fan-following - Arnold Palmer.. Arnies Army is amazing... In his prime, along with my favorite golfer-Jack Nickelson, these men were the best, had (and still do, like Tiger) THE HUGEST galleries in the world. Thanks for the many great matches and sudden death golf tourneys - very exciting stuff!

Lola:D

michael jordan. this guy was the my main reason into getting into basketball in junior high, as well as THOUSANDS of kids around the country i'm sure. always maintained professional, and no matter how many people tried knocking him off the pedestal, he still persevered and just brushed off the haters. the guys now turning 40 and still schooling kids half his age. mj fan for life. :D

Brett Favre becuase he overcame sooo much in his years as a college athlete and as an NFL qb. Doctors told him he would never be able to play football again after his car accident in 1990. Guess they were wrong. Plus he overcame so much as an NFL player as well and acheived so much. He also gives back to the community

Originally posted by thehype

Brett Favre becuase he overcame sooo much in his years as a college athlete and as an NFL qb. Doctors told him he would never be able to play football again after his car accident in 1990. Guess they were wrong. Plus he overcame so much as an NFL player as well and acheived so much. He also gives back to the community

I AGREE... I LOVE BRETT FAVRE #4 RULEZ:D

Originally posted by lolahotass

I'd say sportsmanship-wise - John Stockton.

You never see this guy out on the town, cheating on his wife, etc.. Way to go John.

Lola:D

What does that have to do with sportsmanship? He does know how to conduct himself off the court but he has always been one of the most underhanded players on the court. He grabs, trips and elbows all the time. It has even been mentioned by MJ in his book and Dennis Rodman (imagine that) in his.

My pick is Alan Houston. He is as good off the court as he is on.

Not that he's an athelete anymore, but for me it's Max Schmelling. Contrary to popular belief, he wasn't a Nazi (Hitler pinned that on him) and was in fact lifelong friends with Joe Louis. The big thing for me with him is that he was a key diplomat for Germany after WWII, helping them get back on the right foot and helping to establish positive relations with the rest of the world. That, and he's one of the 10 greatest heavyweights of all time.

Others....

Bill Bradley (mostly for keeping Congress in check for about 24 years)

David Robinson (model citizen on and off the court)

Rulon Gardner (a schlub who literally pulled himself up by his bootstraps to glory)

Jerry Rice (for his dedication)

Dikembe Mutombo (may be a dirty player on the court, but who else has ever contracted malaria in the offseason because he was visiting the hospital in his homeland that he's building by contributing almost his entire paycheck)

Originally posted by mindfaqd

What does that have to do with sportsmanship? He does know how to conduct himself off the court but he has always been one of the most underhanded players on the court. He grabs, trips and elbows all the time. It has even been mentioned by MJ in his book and Dennis Rodman (imagine that) in his.

My pick is Alan Houston. He is as good off the court as he is on.

Well, I just think a true sportsman plays the game well and KNOWS how to carry himself when NOT in the spotlight.

Also, taking anything that Dennis Rodman says serious - um okay. Let's all throw on some wedding gowns and strut around NYC...............:blown::laugh:

Originally posted by armanifella

Walter Payton. The NFL has the award named after him. He was all heart on the field, and acted the same off the field in the community and with his family. He had his son introduce him at his Hall of Fame induction

RIGHT ON!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: