Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bbc Radio1 @ Opium

ogmiami

I just received the lineup of artists that are confirmed for the Radio1 gig. There will be more but I thought you would like to know what's on so far...

Pete Tong

Fergie

Yusef

Lottie

Mistress Barbara

Ralph Falcon & Oscar G

Chris Coco

Rob DaBank

George Acosta

Ariel Baund

Chicco Secci

Plus all the guys in the Cooljunkie Room

More TBC...

Remember it's a free party...doors are at noon...get there early!

Dade

Chris Coco & Rob DaBank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this alone is enough to get me there! both are amazing! the kings of proper chillout! perfect sunny afternoon music or late night after the club stuff!

nice one dade! :):)

for references to what they sound like check out chris coco's new LP "next wave" or his 2 mix cds called solar spectrums vols.1&2

also check out their radio one show called "the blue room" which airs on radio 1 every saturday night/sunday morning from 5am to 7am GMT

great stuff!

Marick...finally someone who loves the chill. I am so with you on this one. They will be doing a room (probably the Prive space) called The Blue Room at the party. Should be outstanding.

Dade

Pod - does that mean you're not coming? I guess I will have to take your name off the super VIP get in quick CP list.

It's true and it's not true...

They are keeping the volume down in the main room until conference in order to not stir up more shit. We've been assured by the city that it will not be a problem during conference. Also they have done a lot of sound proofing of the main room and there is more to come.

I only do events there when it suits me so I really only deal with it as it relates to WMC and we've got the green light to go loud then so...

It's at:

http://www.opiummiami.com/

It looks like a really good party.

On a side note, ogmiami you've been in the club business for a while now. What do you think of the following which I saw posted on another board:

"Sorry for the delay, here is all the info:

$15 admission

18 and up

no dress code

rolling not frowned upon :)

doors open at 10pm

vip passes are $20 and get u admission, admittance to the vip section with couches and dancing room

i am going RIGHT now to pick up acosta from jax airport, so, if u want passes, call my cell 352-745-2000 and i will get them to u when i return to g-ville around 9pm.

mike"

I'm referring to the statement "rolling not frowned upon". The message was posted on enation:

http://www.enation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4294&start=30

Well Chrles, I've made my living in this business for about six years now and I can tell you that they are just begging for a problem. I mean why would you advertise that? In my opinion, and it's fair to point out that I'm almost 40 years old, that's why this scene gets a bad rap. I've seen too many kids OD and called too many ambulances to go along with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not preaching. Drugs have always been part of our society and certainly part of the club/rave scene and there is no sign that it will be different anytime soon, but things like that are what make "The Rave Act" a hot topic and a threat to my business.

On a lighter note, I'm glad you like the party lineup and hope to see you there.

Dade

Huh? Of course I'm coming. I was just explaining to TSHeritage that the DJs he was asking about, even though they may not be at the party, surely will be at conference in general. Of course I'll be there :) I kind of have to go, ya know! :) Support my friends in the CJ room and all...

What I meant was that the bookings were based on the 'upper echelons' of Radio One DJs, and to give them proper time to play, some names had to possibly be cut..

Well too bad, Pod...too late for the explanation. Your spot went to Matas (he was the first to call it). Maybe we can fit you in the kitchen...or the bathroom. Wait...I forgot about you doing my job for me...OK, you're back in. What should we do about Matas?

Seriously...there will be a priority entrance CP list for this event. I would hate to see the CP peeps waiting in the madness that is sure to be outside a free party like this.

OK Podster...I know you have a new "take no shit" attitude but...I've explained it in this thread and about ten others.

Do your homework. And you're back off the list!

Seriously, (not that I wasn't serious about you being off the list), it won't be a problem during conference. They are doing fine and have not had a complaint in over a month.