Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory And Exit Just Been Shut Down

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by klohe

Per Dt this morning SF will be closed this weekend, but will open up again next weekend. There are no immediate plans for Exit to reopen, they are being closed due to "tax evasion".

Hopefully Exit will never ever ever ever open its doors again.

From what this article says, there was a 22 month investigation of both clubs! And that they could be closed for up to a year by law. This is fucking crazy.

(NY Post story)

Agony and 'Ecstasy' as Clubs Shut Down -

February 8, 2003 -- Police were party poopers at two popular West Side nightclubs last night, shuttering the hot spots after amassing evidence of rampant "designer drug" use and sales.

Narcotics cops shut down Club Exit on West 56th Street and the Sound Factory on West 46th Street after a 22-month undercover investigation.

During the probe, undercover cops posing as clubgoers purchased a laundry list of drugs - mostly "ecstasy" - and witnessed numerous drug transactions and patron drug use.

"Thanks to our detectives' hard work, we are sending a clear message to nightclub owners: If you allow illegal drugs to saturate your business and endanger your patrons, we'll shut you down," said Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.

Over the last three years, the clubs have been the scene of more than 200 drug-related arrests.

So far, 11 people have been arrested for their involvement in selling and using drugs - but no club owner has been charged.

State law could keep the clubs closed for up to a year - and cops say they could close more clubs soon.

I'm surprised it took the cops this long to shut down Sound Factory. People are selling drugs all over that place. This is a wake up call to Richard Grant. He better hire security to get rid of the drug pushers. I think this is the first Saturday, that Jonathan Peters will miss in 6 years. Webster Hall is probably celebrating this news. I predict Webster Hall will be so packed tonight.

Originally posted by danwilson

I'm surprised it took the cops this long to shut down Sound Factory. People are selling drugs all over that place. This is a wake up call to Richard Grant. He better hire security to get rid of the drug pushers. I think this is the first Saturday, that Jonathan Peters will miss in 6 years. Webster Hall is probably celebrating this news. I predict Webster Hall will be so packed tonight.

this is the prediction you came to after your many years of clubbing experience?

Dan have you ever even been to Sound Factory?:confused:

Matt, I'v been there about 50 times. Thats why i'm amazed it took this long to shut it down, because i can not belive they actually let my sorry ass in that club 50 times.

yea me too.

i mean...i would have been even better amazed if they had shut the club down only after the 1st time u had gone there.

Well Look who it is. Mr Quoth comes out of retirement.

I heard the real reason Exit and Sound Factory closed, was to get Quoth back on CP. I guess it worked. Its good to see DJ Quoth back on here. Next time you dj somewhere, tell us. I'm curious to hear the next Mauro Picotto.

Well Look who it is. Mr Quoth comes out of retirement.

I heard the real reason Exit and Sound Factory closed, was to get Quoth back on CP. I guess it worked. Its good to see DJ Quoth back on here. Next time you dj somewhere, tell us. I'm curious to hear the next Mauro Picotto.

ok 1st and foremost...lets get shit straight!

it is NOT DJ QUOTH!

just simply: Quoth ...yes just like my cp name which has always been my dj name before my cp name.

also...I DO NOT SPIN THE SAME STYLE AS MAURO PICCOTTO!

u may think i do because piccotto spins techno but what he really spins is tech-trance.

i spin PURE TECHNO and some tech-house.

things were kinda last minute and i am a very busy bee the word couldnt get out like i wanted.

But anyhow..im back for a while...and as i can see yer still corny as hell.

As for the clubs closing cause of terror alerts...u gotta be a ketahead to actually belive that shit.

I didn't SAY I believed it, just that I heard that may have also been a factor. And another excuse for them to do it. THAT part makes sense, other than that, I just think back to two weeks ago when a kid I knew was G'ed out in front of Exit and his friends left him out there! He was slumped over against a car, and they were telling me to move him or else they were gonna call an ambulance. No telling who was watching THEN, or the countless of other times it may have happened.