Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dropping like flies (Exit & Sound Factory)

tinybutterfli

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vicman

:confused:

what about this?

and what about 4 cracked out people taking over an hour and a half to go get take out from baja fresh?

Shady and I were wathcing TV at Lou's and every 5 minutes the taco bell chicken Q commercial came on - about two hours later we were killing some grub at the Bell

Originally posted by abstractls

And that is what makes him the godfather, he is a voice for this industry, and one of the most personable DJs in the world. Never enough words

sameway micheal jordan will stop in the middle of shooting a 3 pointer during a game and walk over to the microphone and say a few choice words of wisdom for everyone

sameway micheal jordan will stop in the middle of shooting a 3 pointer during a game and walk over to the microphone and say a few choice words of wisdom for everyone

Try to say something next time that atleast somewhat resembles actual sense.

:lol3: Brilliant.

How many people knew that this thread would bring certain lurkers back from the dead? ;) *raises hand*

Originally posted by abstractls

Just wondering as an outsider's point of view what do you think of the human race??

just wondering as an outsiders point of view, if you weren't promoting for DT, what would you think of his 20min monologues during the middle of his set?

we don't promote for anyone, were just average club going people, while most of us like his music and know who he is, regardless, we don't like any dj to start talking during the middle of his/her set no matter who they are. we are the type of people that you want in your club as paying customers and your just pissing everyone off.

from a promoting point of view, you are doing a terrible job and are actually doing a diservice to DT instead. just for that i'm now going to think twice about going to see him, because punks like you, who feel they are the shit because they promote for X or Y dj, would actually benefit from it.

same way i am only one person and my business might not be of importance to you, same way there are many dj's out there besides DT who i can go see and enjoy their music as much or even more than DT himself and more importantly i wont have to listen to a 20 minute monologue on PLUR.

Oh no, here we go again :worry::shake:

I like Danny Tenaglia's sets... yes, the talking bothers me a bit but its a nice way to connect with the crowd. I wish he didn't talk as much as he does but its his party so let him do what he wants.. when I saw him at Space in Miami over Labor Day he barely said a word. But I'm okay with the fact that others don't like his sets.... or don't like him. Imagine that?

I'm a huge and not so secret fan of Paul Van Dyk. Most people on this board hate him and rip on him all the time but I don't get upset about it. Its a message board for crying out loud!

:blown:

DT rocks. He plays phatty-boom-batty tracks and can spin for hours on end. and yet he ruins such awesome sets by chatting through them. He's a great DJ - nobody can deny that. But he does talk into his sets. I been to a couple RADIO 1 events in the UK and It's all gone Wrong Pete Tong was hosting it and he didn't even talk as much as DT. And he was hosting an event - announcing DJ's, calling out tunes, and telling everyone where we were and shit like that. DT just talks. And it's mostly about shit that we already know or personal shit that nobody cares about. I heard back over the fall he actually stopped his set to talk about his friend that OD'd on GHB. Well Danny, Sorry for your loss, sorry that your friends did shitty drugs, sorry that they did to much. But save that shit for an interview with MIXMAG. We'll read about it then, for now, all we wan't to do is here you drop mad tunes and keep me dancing all night.

Wow...not this again. Ya think DT has lil spies who scour messageboards looking for any lil negative comment to start shit? Neato. Great promotion. Can't wait to go hang out with all the other brainwashed heads.

The "politics" of dancing (sorry tini) has hurt the scene just as much as the ODing candy freaks who just wanna get messed up. I can't deal with people who take themselves too seriously in this respect. To a certain degree, I understand. Make a point. Fine. But DTs gone past it now. It all sounds like self-righteous bullshit. Chatter.