Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One more question: If Exit got shut down then why is...

quoth

Originally posted by phuturephunk

If they rented out the venue for the night and had permits, I think they'd be able to operate it as a one time thing.. The state, I believe, shut down their ability to operate continuously . .

Yes this is most likely correct.. I remember when Tunnel was shut down there were still a few events that were planned and went thru as followed..

Exit has not been shut down; for now this action is a temporary measure. The club will be in court early this week to determine when it will re-open.

As of now, there has been no official word from the management re: party gras (thursday ktu event) or the teen night on feb 16.

Such information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.

Jz

I was wondering the same Quoth. Not that I'd actually go to a KTU event but, makes ya wonder.

Qwest.

Originally posted by quoth

KTU still broadcasting chance to win tickets and where to buy tickets for some party they are throwin the 28th or sumen?

Shouldn't they be advertising a refund hotline instead lol?

Being The Person on this board who works in radio I can tell you why both KTU (Clear Channel Media), and Hot 97 (Emmis Broadcasting) are still advertising concerts at Exit!

They Closed the clubs on a friday night, people who do radio production (The Guys Who Make The Commercials), the sales dept, and station managment never work on the weekends so nobody took these advertisments out of their Commercial line up, or took the liners (Liners are a list of things that the Air talent has to read while their on the air) out of the DJ's mail boxes! Since both companies have money tied up in station events at Exit they probbably wont remove the advertisments untill they know 100% about the status of the Exits future, so it could tke a few days. Needless to say it's just easier to leave in rotation untill they have a definate answer!