Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Beach DJ's Need To Be Replaced

partygirl2

DJ's like Ivano Bellini, Cedric Gervais, and even Oscar G are playing sets that go nowhere. With so much material out there, they shouldn't play so much shitty music. If you go to Crobar, Nikki Beach, Opium Garden, and Space, its all the same DJ's.

The Club Scene in South Beach is dying, and part of the reason is because the promotors in these clubs are too chicken shit to try some less known, but better talent............

South Beach DJ's need to be replaced!!!!!!

:smoke:

See, it's that kind of lumping together of DJs that gives some who don't deserve it a bad name. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I would NEVER call Oscar G. a shitty DJ that needs to be replaced. There are also a lot of new local guys working regularly on SoBe who are really worth checking out. If you go to the same two or three places every Saturday for a while, you'll probably end up hearing the same Djs. Maybe it's time to check out someplace new and with it discover someone new on the decks.

Just my $.02

Dade

Agreed Jimmy.

They brought the house down and built it up again and crumbled the shit to pieces. How good was that new Dark Beat remix? :)

Roland had a great opening set with my hilight being 'David' .. which has not left my head the entire day.

ROLL ON 3 YEAR ANNI! :)

Full review regarding last night coming later. :)

Originally posted by partygirl2

DJ's like Ivano Bellini, Cedric Gervais, and even Oscar G are playing sets that go nowhere. With so much material out there, they shouldn't play so much shitty music. If you go to Crobar, Nikki Beach, Opium Garden, and Space, its all the same DJ's.

The Club Scene in South Beach is dying, and part of the reason is because the promotors in these clubs are too chicken shit to try some less known, but better talent............

yeah your right that Oscar G guy sucks. :laugh: imo clueless clubbers need to be replaced.:idea::biggun:

My hunch tells me that this "partygirl2" just has a hidden agenda.

Is she by any chance an aspiring young DJ, or a friend of some "less known, but better talent"?

Just who are some of these DJs that you speak of? Where have they spun? What do they spin? Do they also produce? Can they pack the bigger clubs in town?

Most importantly, what makes them so much better than a world renowned dj like Oscar G?

It's easy to come on to a message board and say the scene sucks. Just like it's easy to ignore the fact that South Beach is one of the premiere clubbing destinations in the world...

O.K, maybe I shouldn't include Oscar on the list, last night he and Ralph did put an awsome show, I must admit. Don't get me wrong out of all the big name DJ's in South Beach he is the one I like the most. Last night was definately an Oscar G set. QUALITY MUSIC, the thing is, there have been times lately that I have gone to Space and feel no groove. LAST NIGHT THERE WAS DEFINATELY AN AWSOME GROOVE!!!

My point is, that South Beach could use new talent.

I'm not talkin about Power 96 shit or 93.1 shit, but definately some new grooves.

You..young lady...obviously cannot do so much as FATHOM how difficult it is for superb talent to come down here to miami and play in our local clubs when they can just as well play at superclubs around the world...

As it is...some of our local dj's are some of the top resident dj's in the world..if not pioneers of certain kinds of music. Think about it:

David Padilla- Level nightclub- ORIGINATOR OF THE MIX AFTERHOURS

George Acosta- Spin/ SpiClub- Remember that old house track planet soul? he did it....he is one of the most well known hard trance dj's EVER. Made Shadowlounge the club to be while he was in his prime...

Oscar G./Murk- Club Space- If I remember correctly...wasnt he JUST VOTED Best Resident club DJ? and who can deny that the crowds will not be staggering at the least....when MURK (Oscar/Ralph Falcon) come into town?

Edgar V- Club Space- If I remember correctly...He was one of the ORIGINAL DJ's for club Space...who caused club Space to creat the "We love Fridays @ Club Space" Tshirts, etc...and even mixed their personal Compilation...Club Space Transmissions.

Ariel Baund- Club Spin/ SpiClub- From opening for George Acosta during his previous residency at Level Nightclub to having his own Friday Nights at Spiclub...this up and coming resident dj brings a style of hard house not even the most hardcore TRANCE fanatic can resist...DEFINITELY a local resident to watch.

Note- these are off the top of my head...and some are not SoBe dj's...but im positive that one time or another they have had their share of dj'ing at clubs on SoBe...proving they can rock the house anywhere..anytime..anyplace.

Lesser known deejay's that are better than the resident dj's are :

A- quite scarce, and

B- are usually unable to fit the scheduling times of some clubs...also, some aspiring deejays with phenomenal talent pass up alot of club residency offers to keep themselves intimate with the Underground electronic music scene...they are what keeps the scene going...

now, as for the SoBe scene...i would bet the farm and say that you have not been to alot of SoBe clubs recently. The reason why i say that is because many local dj's want a shot at the big time...a chance to dj during winter music conference...and even better..Ultra Music Festival..in March. Each dj at this time of the year showcases their strong points and brings out as much fresh music and vibes so they can potentially land a spot during Conference. that way..if they play during conference...they are subject to bigger gigs...such as larger clubs wanting them..or even international gigs.

You should thank people like Frank Pacheco, george nuñez, Diego from Space, Biz, Val Smikle..(the list goes on and on)....for being the keys to our scene being as good as it is...from managing talent, to marketing the scene, to promoting the Dj's themselves...each person is instrumental and vital to a Djs' - and in many cases- a clubs' prosperity.

comida para su mente

C3

:cool:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: WMC...HERE I COME!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Originally posted by spacecadet888

You..young lady...obviously cannot do so much as FATHOM how difficult it is for superb talent to come down here to miami and play in our local clubs when they can just as well play at superclubs around the world...

As it is...some of our local dj's are some of the top resident dj's in the world..if not pioneers of certain kinds of music. Think about it:

George Acosta- Spin/ SpiClub- Remember that old house track planet soul? he did it....he is one of the most well known hard trance dj's EVER. Made Shadowlounge the club to be while he was in his prime...

Oscar G./Murk- Club Space- If I remember correctly...wasnt he JUST VOTED Best Resident club DJ? and who can deny that the crowds will not be staggering at the least....when MURK (Oscar/Ralph Falcon) come into town?

Edgar V- Club Space- If I remember correctly...He was one of the ORIGINAL DJ's for club Space...who caused club Space to creat the "We love Fridays @ Club Space" Tshirts, etc...and even mixed their personal Compilation...Club Space Transmissions.

Ariel Baund- Club Spin/ SpiClub- From opening for George Acosta during his previous residency at Level Nightclub to having his own Friday Nights at Spiclub...this up and coming resident dj brings a style of hard house not even the most hardcore TRANCE fanatic can resist...DEFINITELY a local resident to watch.

only djs with talent u mentioned is oscar and edgar

rest are DOOODOOOO

Originally posted by andrewthomas

ariel???

honestly i heard him once and didnt like

p.s i for got to add

trance is dead ariel is trance no?

the times i have heard Ariel, liked it...again he is ALWAYS opening up for GA:rolleyes: ...but he spins Prog. House, he might dip a little into the Prog side of trance...but not often, he usually spins Proggy stuff...i did catch him a while back at Shadow, and he did spin trance...but thats when trance was at it's height...and he was sub-ing for GA....

He played a brilliant opening set for Danny Howells last year @ Opium Garden. Unfortunately thats was also the last time I heard him play. I'll definitely try to make it down to Spi one of these days to check it out.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Originally posted by spacecadet888

David Padilla, George Acosta......... you gotta be kidding me

Other than Michael Storms, Padilla has got to be the worst DJ on the Beach

All of u are forgeting what got people to the clubs to begin with...unless ur old school and used to go to shadow and the mix what got u into this scene was xtc....alot of people r burned out from it so therefore the music is not useful to them anymore...only the true music fans have stuck through the thick and thin...like all of us that r posting here for example...people only come out on special occasions now...the scene will never be how it was 3 or 4 years ago....it will stay afloat bcuz of people like us but it will never be like it was in the begining...it was a love affair, now we treat it like a cheap date...and u must admit were spoiled down here. where else do uave world renowned djs in almost every club??????

and yes that remix of dark beat was off the chain...it was dark beat with a little bit of the original french kiss, and i think he threw a little micheal jackson into it if im not mistaken...and to put the cherry on top....after hours with EDGAR V is always hardcore to the bone....and if u dont know now u know!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest saleen351

i will agree with that except:

for oscar...

Originally posted by vaughanz

I've said it once... and I'll say it again....

House & Deep House is where there's SOUL!!!! Something with vocals that has some meaning... some purpose of being!!!

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Agree with you. Still, there are people who like other genres, and OG is on the top of his own. Serious respect to Ariel, DHM, Roly, STRYKE, Chris and Mono, Markus, Cue, etc.

Partygirl2, it is only obvious that you have the freedom to choose where you party. If you don't like a particular DJ, go somewhere else. Anyway, WMC is around the corner. You could save some $$$ for then.:cool: