Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In honor of Gumby and Herbalist...

~surreal~

Oh my gosh! Does making dinner plans have to be this hard? Since this is suppose to be in honor of Gumby and Herbalist, why don't you two pick a freaking date, and maybe make it a monthly thing (example, every 3 thursday of the month) and whoever can make it go and whoever can't make it try to make it to the next one. Just a suggestion because when you have a group of people like us, there will as way be conflict in schedules. What's that old saying, you can't please everyone all the time.

------------------

B4.jpg?box=Inbox&MsgId=233_3596475_70523_1179_166822_0&bodyPart=3.5&filename=B4.jpg&YY=32740&order=down&sort=date&pos=0

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh! Does planning a dinner really have to be this hard? Here is an idea, since this is in honor of Gumby and Herbalist, why don't you guys pick when and make it a monthly thing. For example, every third Thursday of the month. And the people who can make it, go, and the people who can't, go to the next one. When you have this many people, not everyone will beable to attend because of different schedules. What is that old saying, you can please some people some of the time, but can't please all people all the time.

------------------

B4.jpg?box=Inbox&MsgId=233_3596475_70523_1179_166822_0&bodyPart=3.5&filename=B4.jpg&YY=32740&order=down&sort=date&pos=0

Originally posted by ccarol_s:

What is that old saying, you can please some people some of the time, but can't please all people all the time.

I believe the saying is:

you can pick you friends

and you can pick your nose

but you can't pick your friend's nose

unless, of course, your friend has passed out from a long night of partying, and they have an icicle dripping down, and you're all out of the white lady and lunch with your boss is in a couple of hours, so you figure, what the hell, this should get me through the meal, YUMMY

------------------

logov5.gif

should we call and reserve a room, cat? by my last count, so far we have....

surreal

kelly

djfrost

rothko

trinity

hardcore

gumby

herbal

jr. la

savs

big j

suspectx

dlish

lilboybleu (c'mon, you can stay up late just ONCE!) wink.gif

i think thats all so far, but still is a pretty big number and will prob grow....any thoughts?

xoxo

kav cwm12.gifcwm38.gifcwm12.gifcwm38.gif

Good thinking Kel. I just called and inquired about a private room. It can hold up to 18 people and is an additional $20 with a $50 deposit. (I believe I posted this already on the first page of this thread). The lady I spoke with said that she can accommodate us either in the main dining room or in a private room both with belly dancing for the guys and male strippers for the ladies...oh wait, male strippers is ANOTHER night. biggrin.gif

Which do you prefer?

------------------

"I try to make everyone's life a little more ~surreal~copy.jpg ." - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Okay folks, I just wanted to throw this out there just incase anyone has concerns regarding the cost of dinner. If this restaurant is out of anyone's budget, I am up for ANY suggestions. I wouldn't want to put any of you on the spot or not be able to include any of you if this will be a concern of yours. Good food is secondary for this meet-up, a great time with all of you is my priority! Please post or pm me with any ideas. Thanks all!

Cat

------------------

"I try to make everyone's life a little more ~surreal~copy.jpg ." - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

No need for VIP room. That's 70 extra dollars that wont need be thrown around. I mean there's at least 17 of us, we'll be our own party regardless of where we are. Catherine, can you just call and get reservations for 20 people.

Thanks. cwm16.gif

------------------

cwmddd.gif My definition of an educated man is the fellow who knows the right thing to do at the time it has to be done…. You can be sincere and still be stupid.

bash.gif

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, the $50 is included in the dinner cost (i.e., it's NOT an additional cost it's part of the dinner price that's just needed to hold the room). So, if everyone's cool with the Moroccon restaurant, I'll be making reservations next week.

------------------

Archived