Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit, Sf, Arena court hearings...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i hope sf and exit stay shut...:aright:

Uhh, I don't. I'm not a frequenter of either club but I certainly do not want their clientelle trying to take over the clubs which I do go to...i.e Centro-Fly & Vinyl.

But let's be realistic about all of this, should these clubs happen to remain under lock and bolt, don't you think the police will then begin to target other clubs? This isn't a good thing for the scene on a whole. A place that use to have one of the most amazing club scenes in the country has shit anymore.

Originally posted by Codica3

For once, I 100% agree with you at this point.

Cody, you shouldn't think it's a tired subject. You won't be too happy if these clubs do remain closed and then suddenly, our joints are locked too. This only means a lot of bad for the scene in NY. Possibly even other areas.

It seems the quality clubs are being shut down and nothing of substance or worth is opening up. But then again, you'll finally be able to stay home and save some money so I guess it's not much of a concern to you. :tongue:

Yeah, I saw factory peeps creepin into vinyl last saturday . . Its cool I guess, as long as they don't become assholes and destroy the vibe . . . I mean, I'm willing to give just about anyone a chance . . I'm just afraid cuz Vinyl is like the only place that I actually LIKE going to in the city . . . Its the only place (other than baktun, which is almost gone . .) that I make a POINT to go to on Saturday's when I'm in the city . .

Originally posted by misskittie

Cody, you shouldn't think it's a tired subject. You won't be too happy if these clubs do remain closed and then suddenly, our joints are locked too. This only means a lot of bad for the scene in NY. Possibly even other areas.

It seems the quality clubs are being shut down and nothing of substance or worth is opening up. But then again, you'll finally be able to stay home and save some money so I guess it's not much of a concern to you. :tongue:

Yeah, you're right, it sucks for the NY scene as a whole.. and it would really suck if places like Centro or Vinyl got the plug pulled on them.. :worry:

But staying home and saving $ is a good thing too.. :aright:

Hmm.. :shaky: There's got to be a delicate balance of in betweens here.. :shaky:

I guess we'll have to see.

Originally posted by zeeker

I could care less if either open at this point. Both clubs are forgetable and it took me two weeks to realize that. I hope they do, just for the sake of the scene, but it won't affect me either way.

. . . Thank you, Mister Hoity Toity Club Opinion Guy, I feel so fortunate . . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by zeeker

I could care less if either open at this point. Both clubs are forgetable and it took me two weeks to realize that. I hope they do, just for the sake of the scene, but it won't affect me either way.

For the sake of the scene? How do you see this as a positive thing for the entire scene? You need to look at the BIG PICTURE here and not just at the two clubs, the clientele, and the music they bring.

Hell, Exit and Factory were two of the clubs that were able to bring in some of those "big names" that you have in your siggy. If I'm not mistaken, they show cased Armin and PvD. I'm many others but my head just isn't here. You think it stops the guido-drug scene but look how it actually does affect other types of music lovers.

LOL @ y'all and these damn Guidos! :laugh:

Exactly what is the Guido drug scene? Italians on G, or what? Do they take offense to being called Guidos? I think I saw some the other night (not on G, Italians) at Arc, but they were just chillin like everyone else.

Someone on this board mentioned the G "circle jerk dance" and I was cracking the fuck up, though!!!! Last time I saw that particular dance was at Exit.

I hope they both re-open as well, just for the sake of the people who enjoyed those places, and with hopes that they'll be more careful if and when they decide to use drugs.

*shrug*

Originally posted by sheendawg

I hope they both re-open as well, just for the sake of the people who enjoyed those places, and with hopes that they'll be more careful if and when they decide to use drugs.

*shrug*

Exactly! I know how devistated I was, as well as many others were, when Tunnel and Twilo were shut down for good. Why the hell would anyone want other clubbers to feel the way we all did when we lost those two amazing venues?!

Originally posted by Codica3

Yeah, you're right, it sucks for the NY scene as a whole.. and it would really suck if places like Centro or Vinyl got the plug pulled on them.. :worry:

But staying home and saving $ is a good thing too.. :aright:

Hmm.. :shaky: There's got to be a delicate balance of in betweens here.. :shaky:

I guess we'll have to see.

who is stayin home and saving money??:confused::D

Originally posted by misskittie

For the sake of the scene? How do you see this as a positive thing for the entire scene? You need to look at the BIG PICTURE here and not just at the two clubs, the clientele, and the music they bring.

Hell, Exit and Factory were two of the clubs that were able to bring in some of those "big names" that you have in your siggy. If I'm not mistaken, they show cased Armin and PvD. I'm many others but my head just isn't here. You think it stops the guido-drug scene but look how it actually does affect other types of music lovers.

lol, that sucks that you wrote that all because you didn't properly read what I wrote.

I said I hope they DO open for the sake of the scene. But, I personally think I will manage if they don't. I used to go to one or both of those two clubs every weekend for a long time. And i thought I would be really really pissed if they never opened again. That is until I went two weeks without going to either, and I realized that the reason why I went to those two places for so long, was because they were just comfortable. I always had good times in both places, because I had a ton of friends there, that I got to see and hang out every weekend and I never went out with a judgemental outlook on where i was going. But the the last two weeks I have kind of got an apathetic outlook on what happens with these two places. Call it 'hoity toity' :rolleyes: if you want, but thats just how I feel.

but to reiterate, just so you don't misunderstand me, I really hope they DO open back up, for the sake of the scene.

Honestly, who cares..If their closings effect your life that much, perhaps its time to re-evaluate your priorities.

Its a club, not the US Government, the post office , or your local Mcdonalds. It'll be ok. Remember, clubs are like roaches, for evrery one you kill, a thousand more will take its place.

Exactly! I know how devistated I was, as well as many others were, when Tunnel and Twilo were shut down for good. Why the hell would anyone want other clubbers to feel the way we all did when we lost those two amazing venues?!

See...now thats a 100% Heart Felt Opinion. I look at all these post, " I hope they stayed closed" or "fuck factory, who cares about that place"...

People who actually use their brains realize that people do care. Closings effect the scene in whole.

Its like me coming on here and saying...Factory is closed, well i hope ARC is next, Fuck ARC, with no liquor license, drug infested shit-hole...i pray in closes! (Just an example. I like ARC but you get the idea).

Sometimes I really wonder what makes people say some of these things. I think they just strive for attention. Its those kids that used to cry so so people would feel bad for em.

I hope everything remains the same. No one closes, some more places open up. Scene isnt at its best but it aint too shabby.

We'll see soon i guess.