Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Open

Guest hotshit
Originally posted by muzikman

im hoping this closing and reopening has a positive effect.. nicer crowd and maybe earlier closings which means solid sets.. only reason im gonna go.. to see how it is..

how early would it be closing????

Funny how people are practically in each other's faces about SoundFactory.

I was one of those guys that was around back in the Factory heyday (I'm 29, in case any of you kids are

wondering :) )

True, Factory these past few months- heck, these past few years- hasn't been anything like it used to be "back in the day." The crowd is different, the vibe is different, the place itself is different. There was no jacuzzi back in the day, it was a CLUB.

But then again, nothing, and I do mean nothing stays the same, no matter how much people may want it to, no matter what people try to do to keep it "real." If this weren't true, Macarena and Metallica would still be on top of the music charts (and I'm admittedly a Metallica fan, always)

Is the Factory better now than before? Or is it a classic long past its prime? There will always be a thousand points of view on that topic, no one will ever have the correct answer. It's all a matter of personal taste. The fact remains, the Factory is still something different that anything else out there, whether in NYC, Miami, Ibiza, LA, Boston, etc. And whether you're 20 or 30, that's something that I believe will remain about the Factory as long as it's open.

Please stop fighting over the Factory. It's practically an institution, and whether you like it or not, it's open once again. The choice is yours whether you go or not, you can be sure that this "old man" will be making an appearance there sometime in the next few weeks, if not tonight. Just drop the fight already, please?

Originally posted by trueqwest

Funny how people are practically in each other's faces about SoundFactory.

I was one of those guys that was around back in the Factory heyday (I'm 29, in case any of you kids are

wondering :) )

True, Factory these past few months- heck, these past few years- hasn't been anything like it used to be "back in the day." The crowd is different, the vibe is different, the place itself is different. There was no jacuzzi back in the day, it was a CLUB.

But then again, nothing, and I do mean nothing stays the same, no matter how much people may want it to, no matter what people try to do to keep it "real." If this weren't true, Macarena and Metallica would still be on top of the music charts (and I'm admittedly a Metallica fan, always)

Is the Factory better now than before? Or is it a classic long past its prime? There will always be a thousand points of view on that topic, no one will ever have the correct answer. It's all a matter of personal taste. The fact remains, the Factory is still something different that anything else out there, whether in NYC, Miami, Ibiza, LA, Boston, etc. And whether you're 20 or 30, that's something that I believe will remain about the Factory as long as it's open.

Please stop fighting over the Factory. It's practically an institution, and whether you like it or not, it's open once again. The choice is yours whether you go or not, you can be sure that this "old man" will be making an appearance there sometime in the next few weeks, if not tonight. Just drop the fight already, please?

very well said & youre right

Originally posted by njangel

I don't pretend like I know everything about SF. Trust me, if you know me, I'm the last person who tries to front about anything. What pissed me off about you was the way you came off in your post. You sounded like an arrogant asshole. I hate to break it to you, but just b/c you went to the "old factory" doesn't make you above the majority of ppl. who go there now. Maybe its not as good as it was, but nothing ever is - things change. So don't refer to "us shumucks". Maybe if you took the time out to put what you had to say in an intelligent format, you would not have sounded so ignorant. Some ppl. still enjoy factory, yeah from what I hear it used to be a lot better, but get off your high horse, just b/c your 5+ older than me, doesn't make you superior.

And, you can throw may age in my face all you want, but I have news for you - I'm in college, I don't have a real job yet, this is my time to go out & party. & just because I'm not 21 for another 2 months, I don't have to feel bad for that. It's how old you act. not how old you are. I'm not some girl who runs around factory in a skirt & hooker boots, banged up out of her mind. You probably miss the old factory & have a right too, but grow up & act maturely about it when you post, b/c I made the comment "what a loser" - cause you sounded like one.

Dayummmmmmmm girl! Now that is what I am talking about.

nothing is going to change.....security will seem tighter for a while...thats it...JP will still manage to suck at least 2 sundays out of every month, and admission will go up as the average age of the crowd goes down....

i havent been feelin it since the winter began....a good moment here and there but more or less blah....ill wait until summer

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

nothing is going to change.....security will seem tighter for a while...thats it...JP will still manage to suck at least 2 sundays out of every month, and admission will go up as the average age of the crowd goes down....

i havent been feelin it since the winter began....a good moment here and there but more or less blah....ill wait until summer

BG

:)