Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official PVD REVIEW @ Roxy

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! What a night this was. PVD was on point was playing some new sick tracks and all the classics that are sick. All in all, last night to me was what makes PVD the man. Im sorry but noone can work a crowed like he does. He takes complete control of us and the slamms us with some of this sickest and hadest beats. PVD is the man and last night was great!!!!!!!! Abosolutley incredible

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i was pleased with his set from 5 am on....before then, he was just too fuckin hard....and then at like 6, he plays silvio ecomo - no dip and xpress 2 - muzikizm....since when does pvd play that? welllllllll at least he played butterfly, forbidden fruit, a lil hint of for an angel, tic toc, MASSIVE, deep sea...

it was good though for the most part....encores were sweet...what the hell was the name of the song he opened with? its a vocal....some medway remix???

To use the word of the day, PVD WAS HOT. he was on fire.

luis diaz started slow, got progressively better as the night progressed. whatever track was droped last - first as pvd came on (the vocal with the breakbeat) was a total orgasm.

usualy pvd starts off slow and floaty but he just came out pounding. he apparently found a formula that worked last night - four on the floor so loud it permeates your body and angel choir stringy melodies - and just kept that going for 6 straight hours. hot as hell.

shouts to zeeker (great to meet you man - i don't think i've met anyone with your enthusiasm in a while!), barvybe, crobar, highmay and the others who i don't remember because my brain is a pile of mush. its nights like these that remind me why (a) trace still kicks ass sometimes and (B) why i got into this crazy scene to begin with.

hugz,

rob

ahhhh, Dialctics, very cool meeting and conversing with you too.

You're a walking, talking, resource of clubbing knowledge.

PVD opened with Nothing But You, and then dropped it again towards the end or maybe even as an encore. The last hour or two was crazy, dropped a lot of his trademark tracks, which are always cool to hear. Tic Toc, Inca, NBY twice, Carerra 2 and For An Angel were my highlights. One thing I noticed was that he was so much more into it this time around at Roxy. Last time he was just in the zone with his records, almost no crowd acknoweldgement at all. A lot more so last night though. He seemed as into it as the crowd this time.

Security was in asshole mode all night, for some reason. Not a lot of respect for the kids who paid the $40 to get in, which sucks, but it was bearable considering it was PVD's night. I was liking what I heard of Luis Diaz. Also, got a chance to talk to him for a bit towards the end of the night. Very approachable and cool guy.

Ha, so anyone have any info on when he's coming back????

Roninmess: I underestimated you. You are a bigger tool than I originally thought. That was ammusing though.....'bro'

Originally posted by quoth

Yo what the fuck is zeeker's problem and why does he have beef with robin?

More like the other way around. Some people take these message boards way way too seriously, and try and bring their apparent grudges off the internet and into clubs while PVD is spinning an amazing set. Starting fights in clubs is just not cool and stupid. Starting fights over online disagreements in clubs is just pathetic.

That seriously should have been a PM, I wasn't even thinking, my bad.

Fucking beautiful. He opens with Katana into mix of crystal? Then as the song is playing he lowers the volume and put on a harder song. As that progressed he shot back to Katana right when it was peaking. What a start to a long night. This is all I can remember right now

Tiesto Obbessions

Quantum Leap

Supersonic

Hydra Afinity

3rd earth

Lustral broken

thrillseekers?

Together we will conquer

Some new coldplay song

INCA

KUNGFU

Club attack

For an angel

Solorstone ~ Solorcoaster ( Midway remix)

Im alone

Revolution 9 love it a weapon ?

And alot of old and new gems. I loved this, I felt that it was one of the best Pvd sets I have ever witnessed. He played high energy trance all night. From 5 to 530 he dropped it down........ and then played inca .. or kungfu!!!!!!!!!!!!! He closed with Nothing but you I believe

Originally posted by zeeker

More like the other way around. Some people take these message boards way way too seriously, and try and bring their apparent grudges off the internet and into clubs while PVD is spinning an amazing set. Starting fights in clubs is just not cool and stupid. Starting fights over online disagreements in clubs is just pathetic.

That seriously should have been a PM, I wasn't even thinking, my bad.

Maybe he was having a bad night or was drunk and just too shit out on the wrong person.

Stuff like that does happen all the time when people are in a club enviroment.

i wouldn't think much of it.

I mean i have said some fucked up shit to people on the boards as well as to their face but that is just me. And when it comes down to it..people realize that this aint a front i put on clubplanet..its just my REAL self...therefore they understand me better.

Maybe the both of u just had a clash of personalities and a misunderstanding.

BUT..

If this was about something as gay as Tiesto v.s. Draper then both of you need a fuckin life.

I had a good night.. I was in by 12a.m. I stood by the front for a long time because I was waiting for some friends.

The music was good.. I did enjoy Luis. PVD was great but I did not liek how he basically threw down the same beat over and over and he played some songs twice..just a little differently.. I mean maybe he thought some people were too cracked out to notice.. I do not know.

He did spin some great Classics though like "Skydive" by Jan Johnston.

Flight 643 by tiesto and another one by Tiesto..

He finished what a little after 8... I stuck aorund with my coat on for a while.. and left dancing

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

WOW--I never thought i'd be able to make it from 1-8am but i did it....Some highlights for me

Trespasser

Obsession (fiterheadz)

Never (filterheadz)

and then the Nu NRG binge at 730 when i started jumping around like a 2 yr old at disneyland BUTTERFLY!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

I must say I had an awesome time w/ Ronin and Lil Lizzy...Ronin gets MVP for gettin the call--YUP! :rock:

Zeeker--i guess Ronin was madd that u talk all kinds of shit on the board and then try to shake his hand like shits all good...Basically i guess thats the prob. You guys deal w/ it. I got my own message board drama to deal with...:laugh:

Good seeing some CP peeps in there. Suchsuchsuch a good time. Also i thought it was good that NYPD walked thru twice and checked on the exits. Even tho I knew where they were with all the people in there and with what happened in RI and Chicago I def felt a lil better knowing they had shit checked out.

As for the line fiasco for other people--geez, get there early--That whole 1989 thing that getting to a club early is soo stupid. If people had to work or whatever and couldnt get there till after 2, then they had to kno already they might be in for some shit. Its def unfortunate esp after u drop 40 bucks and esp unfortunate that u missed PVD's set but get there early--no harm in that ;)

And being back in Roxy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god

Phazon :rock:

Roxy :rock:

Atmosphere :rock:

:( I Miss Roxy

Mike Bugout

Wassup people!

Let's see... where to start...

Ok I got a late start into the city so i ended up walking over to Roxy around 1am to see a line around 2 sides of the block. We cut the line half way which saved about an hour. NYPD gave the bouncers shit about getting people off the street, it was pretty funny. The rain held off so that wasn't an issue. At most i'd say it took some people 3 hours to get in. Took me 2 hours, pretty damn rediculous considering how empty the place was when I got in. Security can suck my ballsack, they were slow and unefficient. At a certain point they stopped selling tickets at the doors, so only ticketholders could get in. People gave up and sold their tickets on line for $80-$100. I'm glad I stuck with it though.

The crowd was very mixed, some of the old school twilo pvd heads were out in full effect along with the hard core cracked out asians. There was a strong SF presence as well, either way everyone seemed to have a great time. The lighting was awesome, good job! The sound system was 99%, there were a few spots that were a little off but hey thats life. I missed the November show so I can't compare but I expected it to be way more crowded. The dance floor wasn't too packed, and there was plenty of space by the bars to dance around. This was definetely a PVD classics night, soooo many old school classic tracks. He dropped a few breaks later on in the night as well. (ATTENTION CODY).

All in all I had a great time, closed it out around 8:30 and go to sleep by 10. PVD was mad cool jumping around, i haven't seen him that animated in a long time. He even signed posters at the end of the night. For those of you who backed out cuz of the line.... sucks. Good night!!!

Wassup to the CP heads I bumped into last night, I thought there would be more of us out. Note to self: why the hell didn't I wear sneakers, i'm a moron. Oh well.

:D :D

i really enjoyed pvd's set..im amazed hes getting into the more harder stuff which is cool. His set was really diverse.

top 10 tracks/moments that i rememeber

1. track 7 from okyo set!! total ownage onthe phazon!!

2. incA TWICE!!! yesss TWICE!!

3. WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 iloved that..if only he spun it to the end instead of mixing in soo early

4. i LOVEDD that pitched up house half hour where he dropped robbie rivwera tracks at like +10!! i was groooovin to em.. no doubt

5. quantum LEAP! was sooo goood

6. roc project - never (filterheadz mix)!! i lovedd reminds me of tomaz vs filterheadz -susnhine it practically is that but with vocals! those 2 would of mixed PERFECTLY!

7. paul re edited the katana intro mix of cristalle which he opened with.. i wasnt feeling that edit..he killed the best part of it which is that long beginning and started the pounding part earlier..seeemed a little out of place, don't ya think?

8. that whole 20-30 mins where he dropped couch (pvd mix) and som eother prog tunes and breaks, he slowed down the pitch at least 10 bpms, than at like 6 Raised pvd-face to face's bpms and it went all up hill from there

9. POS - REmemeber..i was in pure euphoria when he dropped that..such a good track..daniella requested it..by the next mixing ..it was POS!! that was real cool

10. TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO!! that whole slot of time where pvd just kicked the shit out of you and pounded some hard ass tech was just sick and than played an anthem..it gave that anthem soooo muchh euphoria..if you know what i mean.but yea

sick sick night..i feel bad for people who didnt get in..thats bullshit..a ticket is made for guranteed admission, if you can get in with a ticket that sjust bullshit but what can ya do..hope paul comes back sometime before summer 2003 :)

:

hey ho!

had a great night...

Great seeing many of you - i'm shitty with figuring out what anyone's screen name is though. I was in that red tiesto shirt.

Personally I liked the different versions of the two tracks he dropped twice. One of the things about PVD is listening to how he layers shit, and just hanging on new tracks ain't always a great way to listen IMO...

Thought the set was so so...compared to say WMC Space last year. But great start and the last hour and encores were full of energy and the crowd going crazy.

I sorta felt like he lost a little bit for long stretches in the middle. Great tracks but couldn't figure out where he was going....usually he just floats you along on a ride, but didn't feel that for much of the night.

The crowd made the night...either everyone was a huge fan or all that energy from being cooped up cause of snow just broke the fuck out!!!

Last night was great. PVD trance lord, mixing it up with the old, new and definitely the remixed. Of course, I got there late due to some unexpected pit stops, but made it in I guess before the cutoff time. Two hour waits outside the clubs are hell. And me between unhappy Asian groups, not too fun.

Does anyone remember what PVD's t-shirt said last night?

And do you guys xanga? Lots of people meeting up from xanga these days.

Originally posted by minneec

Last night was great. PVD trance lord, mixing it up with the old, new and definitely the remixed. Of course, I got there late due to some unexpected pit stops, but made it in I guess before the cutoff time. Two hour waits outside the clubs are hell. And me between unhappy Asian groups, not too fun.

Does anyone remember what PVD's t-shirt said last night?

And do you guys xanga? Lots of people meeting up from xanga these days.

"No War" somethnig something. I couldn't see the bottom of it.

I'm still pissed at Roxy for cutting him off at the end. He didn't play a proper closing track like he usually does in NY. Bastards! :mad: