Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Please Save Vinyl (arc)

its over kids...the vibe is gone. Be Yourself has changed , I cant believe i left after an hour and a half of being there. I dont know what the hell is going on but i felt so depressed when I walked out of there. THE WORST CROWD I have ever seen @ vinyl , theres used to be diversity there...now its just horrible.

I love Danny...and he was great as usual , but there was no way to get into it...every time i looked around i noticed things i only c @ other places which I stopped frequenting. im not going to get into specifics..im not trying to offend anyone..but something has to happen or we're losing the old vibe.

When Danny said "DONT TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS PLACE" ...he was right...if it stayed a lil more incognito..i wouldnt be makin this post...

i cant even begin to tell you how dissapointed i am...i felt like i was dissin Danny by leavin after an hour and a half , but I just couldnt b there. i couldnt stand what Be Yourself had become..

so in closing...I beg you old skoolers to come back..Vinyl needs it..or we're gona lose this place forever and its gona turn into another shitty ass club . come back and pack the place...let it be known whose fuckin house it is....

if you dont...its over

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot to mention the level of RUDENESS. no one apologized for knockin into each other....VULTURES EVERYWHERE...if 2 girls were dancin alone in the next 2 seconds they were surrounded by 10 motherfuckers grabbin at them and shit. it seemed like no one had any respect for each other...bumpin..pushin..grabbin..jesus..wtf is happenin

oh..and i gota fuckin add...FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I ACTUALLY ENTERTAINED THE IDEA OF NARC'ing ON SOMEONE...

MOTHERFUCKERS!! BLATANT DRUG DEALING CLOSED SOME OF NEW YORKS BEST CLUBS DOWN..dont let it happen to this one

that's where it starts. guys not respecting anyone, everyone treating everyone as if it's some uptown rap bar. then come the cracked out kids and stupid wannabees trying to act hardcore.

and that's when the news cameras and undercovers show up and shit starts happening

so this is the first time you went and felt this way? Just curious, you knwo i luv ya;) I haven't been there since the anniversary, i don't see how it could have drastically changed over a couple weeks..mayeb it was just a bad night..

im hopin it was one night ingrid...im seeeeeeriously praying it was..but the vibe was so horrible....that it bothered me enough to post this CRY FOR HELPPPPPP!..

what bothered me most is...u know how much i love danny..and how much fun i have there..im always smilin ...if u coulda seen the look of disgust on my face..and how down i was..u woulda understood my pain

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

im hopin it was one night ingrid...im seeeeeeriously praying it was..but the vibe was so horrible....that it bothered me enough to post this CRY FOR HELPPPPPP!..

what bothered me most is...u know how much i love danny..and how much fun i have there..im always smilin ...if u coulda seen the look of disgust on my face..and how down i was..u woulda understood my pain

:( I'm sorry to hear this.. It must have been a really bad night then..A place is gonna have a horrible crowd every now and then but hopefully it doens't continue, especially with other places closed...

Originally posted by waaaaa

i was there 2 fridays ago..had a great time...i think u prob just had a bad nite ...my friends said it was a shitty nite there too.

Word. The anniversary party was off the chizzain--best party of the year so far IMO. Probably just a bad night last night. It happens. . .

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

its over kids...the vibe is gone. Be Yourself has changed , I cant believe i left after an hour and a half of being there. I dont know what the hell is going on but i felt so depressed when I walked out of there. THE WORST CROWD I have ever seen @ vinyl , theres used to be diversity there...now its just horrible.

I love Danny...and he was great as usual , but there was no way to get into it...every time i looked around i noticed things i only c @ other places which I stopped frequenting. im not going to get into specifics..im not trying to offend anyone..but something has to happen or we're losing the old vibe.

When Danny said "DONT TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS PLACE" ...he was right...if it stayed a lil more incognito..i wouldnt be makin this post...

i cant even begin to tell you how dissapointed i am...i felt like i was dissin Danny by leavin after an hour and a half , but I just couldnt b there. i couldnt stand what Be Yourself had become..

so in closing...I beg you old skoolers to come back..Vinyl needs it..or we're gona lose this place forever and its gona turn into another shitty ass club . come back and pack the place...let it be known whose fuckin house it is....

if you dont...its over

I felt the same way last week when i went its not what it used to be. the way i look at it though just go out and have fun anyway. Anyone else going to Doc Martin tonite at Centro??? I think Centro has a decent vibe on Sat nights the last couple times i went.

I'm not a big Be Yourself fan really. I've probably been to his party like 4 times or so, and I usually always have a decent time. I went for the V-day party like two weeks ago and I had a blast. I mean, i got there at like 7 or so, so it was thinning out obviously. But I was there with good company, music was on point, literally bumped into Johnny Vicous at one point, just a cool night.

One thing that I think is bullshit is how people pretend that certain things that plague clubs, aren't at Be Yourself, cause it's as bad or worse there. No need to mention anything else about that. But that has always been the case.

I'm sure it was just a really bad night though. I mean, they do happen...

Plus Exit AND SF are opening their Friday parties in the next two weeks, so that'll take care of a lot of what people consider to be undesirables.

Originally posted by clubkat

cough *shelter* cough. . .

how is that place wanted to check it out for a while now but always slips my mind. who are the residents there. they do sublimal every thurs or just once in a while, i hardly see any flyers from them.

Well basically, shelter is still speeed (hiphop/ghetto delight). . .but that stays in the basement. . .

3rd floor belongs to "club shelter" (the origional "vynil" saturday night party) on saturday's - same resident Timmy R.

3 floors + basement (the ghetto delight i was talking about) and the roof during nice weather (dance in the summer breeze)

the main floor's got phazon sound (which. . .not bad but short circuits ever now and then. . .but i think they fixed that a while back) ;)

If youve ever been to vynil's friday/sat parties round 99-00, ill have u know the vibe is quite delightful. :grin:

i think subliminal moved to discotech (s/p). . .correct me if im wrong? :confused: but i havent been on a thursday since. . .woah. . .darren emerson played. (last summer)

Try posting this on DT website!! See what happens

I posted something about the state of Arc today and people replied like i was out of my mind. Also Danny Wrote me an email asking me not to post stuff about that, and how i was messing with his livelyhood.

He acts as if its 3 yrs ago there. I think he has his headphones on 2 tight.

Oldskool vinyl heads would not be caught dead in ARC now

Ask JaySea about his post on DT.Tourism i saw awhile back, he was drilled for his comments!

i agree with the "Arc sucks lately" sentiment, no disrespect to danny obviously. The crowd has gone downhill.

Then again, posting it on DT's website is kind of a personal slap in the face - parties are his livelihood and his pride and joy. he knows there are problems, knows that people are unhappy and he's addressed that in previous posts. (namely the Vinyl to Arc reopening threads).

Fact of the matter is, he can't up and leave Arc now. that would be a blow to Arc and anywhere he went, the crowd in there now would follow him. Arc isn't going to close it's doors to everyone or have door bitches deciding who can and who can't get into the party. So i guess bitching that the party sucks isn't really going to do much, at least to Danny anyway.

Of course, we can bitch as much as we want elsewhere :) So we do. I can only personally take so much rudeness, shoving, pushing, being KICKED (yeah that was a real pleasure). I loved it when I first went but its far too trendy now.

Be Yourself was when everybody could be anybody. now Be Yourself is all about everybody trying to be somebody. :( it's a shame.

Originally posted by cintron

iThen again, posting it on DT's website is kind of a personal slap in the face - parties are his livelihood and his pride and joy. he knows there are problems, knows that people are unhappy and he's addressed that in previous posts. (namely the Vinyl to Arc reopening threads).

Be Yourself was when everybody could be anybody. now Be Yourself is all about everybody trying to be somebody. :( it's a shame.

I don't think its a slap in the face, you want to let him know whats going on at his parties and he just dismisses it?

That's more of a slap in the face to his long time fans who hate to see what's happening to one of their fav clubs.

He talks about peace, love and happiness but lets all that crap go on at his party? He needs to get off his soapbox and listen to his real fans. Not the G'd, K'd idiots who have taken over B yourself

It has def turned into everybody trying to be somebody! thats exactly what the party has become

I dont think ARC will be around much longer anyway

i love vinyl...i took a long break from there and i just started going back...but i enjoyed myself last night, there was a definite distinction between the crowd last night and the crowd i'm accustomed with but not every night is gonna be perfectly on point...danny is amazing, love that guy...i had fun sweating and dancing...i think with exit and sf getting their new parties together some of those kiddies will take their substances and themselves somewhere else...til next week danny birthday and yoko one wooooo!