Clubplanet Nightlife Community

aiight ya momos

go back and read my original post......I said he fell off and his album sucked......WHICH IT DID

guess what? Jay-Z's last album sucked and I think he fell off

They both used to be good but now they just spit those stupid ass lyrics that are all bling bling crizzy bling. I'm not sayin he doesnt have skills cause I know he got skills.......he just sold out and his act got weak

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the major problem is that ..like most ppl ...u listen to the hook and only remember the hook...all u seem to be talkin about 50 talkin about bubbly and shit like that..but how many of u actually listened to his lyrics? if u did ud know theyre straight up street ....there is nothin commercial about them

and to be honest..the track with biggie is more reminiscent of 50's style than In Da Club.....

"Givin ends to my friends and it feels stupendous

Tremendous cream, fuck a dollar and a dream

Still tote gats strapped with infrared beams

Choppin o's, smokin live optimo's

Money, hoes, and clothes all a nigga knows

A foolish pleasure, whatever

I had to find the buried treasure,

so grams I had to measure

However living better now, Gucci sweater now

Drop top BM's I'm the man girlfriend "

Ok, now whos gonna step up and call BIG a sellout, or say that he wasn't street???? yeah... exactly...

no artist talks about 1 thing and 1 thing only... theres many facets to the lives of these guys, and they speak on all of it...

not every track is going to appeal to every person... hell... not every track is going to be great... these guys are only human... christ...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i think the major problem is that

I think that major problem is that everyone has different tastes so no one is right or wrong, and people who incessantly try to prove someone else wrong about something that is a matter of opinion will never succeed. :aright:

"i grew up without my pops

should that make me bitter?

i caught cases i copped out, does that make me a quitter?

in this white mans world, im similar to a squirrel

lookin for a slut wit a nice butt to get a nut"

:laugh: people will fight and argue over the stupidest things.

opinion is exactly that. nothing u can say or do will change the way someone feels about something... so quit trying to defend what isnt even there TO defend... just because someone doesnt agree with u doesnt mean that they are necessarily attacking YOUR opinion... and vice versa... who gives a shit? :rolleyes:

btw- i <3 50 :D

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

all this hating is unfair. im a hip hop head...a true one..i hate everythin mainstream..i cant stand bling bling and crissy...but some of u just hate on someone because he's gotten exposure.

50 is one of the illest lyricists ever!..yup..i said it...go listen to some of his old shit...ill list some tracks u need to download if u like. his album is not garbage...i bet half of u who r talkin shit dont even own it...and havent listened to it. his shit is proper.

u talk shit about 50 cause his songs talk about bubbly in the club..and shit like that??? hold the fuck up..leme remind u that some of the guys that get respect today had worse songs than that..

jay-z - sunshine

tupac- i get around/hit em up

Gza- check out his 1st album..STRAIGHT POP

Biggie- He ushered in the era of versace..cristal..etc etc

The Wu itself- sold the fuck out..but still get props

Big L- MVP

the list goes on..

the niggas that KEEP IT REAL also KEEP IT BROKE...i.e. Rakim..M.O.P etc etc. dont hate on 50 cause he has 2-3 commerical songs...most of u dont know shit about him..the first time u heard of him was on How To Rob an Industry nigga..and then havent heard shit from him up until 2 mths ago.

Ask any true hip hop head..who keeps their ear in the street...50 gets respect....major respect. ppl dissin 50 can be compared to the blind arguin whether the sun is yellow or orange...

go download some of his old shit...then come back to me and tell me he's whack...

heres a list..AGAIN...

the good die young

evil that men do ft. cardan

Streets of NY

Nobody Likes Me

Rowdy Rowdy...

if u need more..ill b glad to put the ignorant on

I am a true hip hop head as well ;)

k well at first I didn't like 50 cent cause he came out with that Wanksta BS. And I know u were telling me he was ill etc etc. I do agree, I like his album, and what not. Yeah in da club got commercial and what not but so do many hip hop songs.

50 cent is not like Tupac so I don't want to hear it. But I must say 50 is getting up there with Biggie, Nas, Eminem and the like. So he will probably be around for awhile

How did the Wu sell out because of their clothing line? :confused:

And don't go dissing on Biggie, he was and still is by far the illest rapper . . . :tongue:

And Sunshine was a good song biatch

I don't like that bling bling shit neither but hip hop needs a change up ya know. Like look at Jay-Z's new song Excuse me miss or Snoops new song Beautiful are you going to say these rappers suck b/c they have implemented other things into their music besides hip hop and plain raps.

Cintron: you need to back the fuck up becuase all hip hop is not abt bling bling bullshit. Listen to some old school shit Run DMC, Tribe Called Quest etc

So everyone quit hating :rolleyes: and enjoy what you enjoy we all have different opinions and what not so that will never change, if not I'll :whip2: you all haha

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Talib Kwali

El-P

Copyright

Pharoahe Monch

Mos Def

They might not come close to him in terms of "popularity" ...but lyrically I believe any of the names mentioned above would sweep him under the rug.

def a good list of talent right here. I don't think they get enough respect ya know. Its all about who gets the bigger contract and the better deal.

For example Pharoahe Monch is extremely talented but one of the songs I heard him come out with "Cold As Ice" was popular for a little bit. . . AS for the other rappers they talk about their bling bling which is distasteful but it sells right so more props to em

Originally posted by joeg

"Givin ends to my friends and it feels stupendous

Tremendous cream, fuck a dollar and a dream

Still tote gats strapped with infrared beams

Choppin o's, smokin live optimo's

Money, hoes, and clothes all a nigga knows

A foolish pleasure, whatever

I had to find the buried treasure,

so grams I had to measure

However living better now, Gucci sweater now

Drop top BM's I'm the man girlfriend "

Ok, now whos gonna step up and call BIG a sellout, or say that he wasn't street???? yeah... exactly...

no artist talks about 1 thing and 1 thing only... theres many facets to the lives of these guys, and they speak on all of it...

not every track is going to appeal to every person... hell... not every track is going to be great... these guys are only human... christ...

ya made a point I can concur with cause Biggie is the man and one thing though all his raps were the bomb:tongue:

Yes people like Joeg said and I said as well hip-hop always has different things to it ya know. It needs to be changed up like other genres of music

Originally posted by fierydesire

def a good list of talent right here. I don't think they get enough respect ya know. Its all about who gets the bigger contract and the better deal.

For example Pharoahe Monch is extremely talented but one of the songs I heard him come out with "Cold As Ice" was popular for a little bit. . . AS for the other rappers they talk about their bling bling which is distasteful but it sells right so more props to em

actually cold as ice was by MOP. pharoah Monch's claim to fame was "simon says" which was also featured in a lugz ad campaign. another song that got radio play was "my life" with styles p. aside from that, he's just had a variety of underground jams. but its cute when females talk about rap, so i'll shut up for now. carry on. :D

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

actually cold as ice was by MOP. pharoah Monch's claim to fame was "simon says" which was also featured in a lugz ad campaign. another song that got radio play was "my life" with styles p. aside from that, he's just had a variety of underground jams. but its cute when females talk about rap, so i'll shut up for now. carry on. :D

sorry I knew I got the shit confused I was hesistant to post it hehe I like simon says haha. . so there :tongue: Ugh well MOP is good forgive me for forgetting the exact artist :rolleyes::tongue: