>MEAT Eaters vs Vegitarians vs Vegans

What Are You?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What Are You?

• Meat Eater
    • Vegetarian
    • Vegan
    • I Dont Eat

yes, i eat meat, but i'm an omnivore, not a carnivore, which means that i eat meat and other stuff (plants, bricks, other debris... you know what i mean :goofy: .). and i eat man-made things too (bread, cookies, jam), not just stuff we kill :tongue: !

o, and there's another category: i used to work with a girl who called herself a "raw-foodist." she wouldn't eat anything that had been cooked or processed. i asked her how she ate grains, and she said, defensively, "i can eat wheat sprouts!!!" i dunno where one can buy such things... i asked her about not being able to eat bread and she said she could eat bread as long as it wasn't cooked over 127 degrees (or some weird number like that). that seems like splitting hairs to me, and, once again, i don't know where one can find such stuff.

but as soon as she started lecturing me about how eating yogurt (and other things) was evil for me, i decided i didn't need to hear anything further about this lifestyle :shaky: .

more vegan nowadays...but i'm getting picky about food nowadays....i want to one day have my own greenhouse and barn and raise my own crops and animals...that way, i'll know the veggies/fruit aren't covered with pesticides and the chickens/eggs aren't pumped with hormones...

i dont eat meat. i hate to tell people though, it is kinda embarrassing. meat eaters always hate on non-meateaters for whatever reason. i think it takes a lot of strength to give up meat, a lot more than most people are aware of. people think it is so easy & we are missing out but it feels good to know that i do not participate in the destruction of animals, the environment, and many other things that come along with eating meat. i dont really do it for those reasons, it just grosses me out to eat the flesh of a living creature. i hate chewing on it, i hate when i ate meat and every now and then u bite into a nasty vein & u feel like u r going to vomit. meat also causes various types of cancer and is bad for your heart + the animals are not raised in a healthy way. if i ever do decide to eat meat, i will only eat organic.

i rarely ever meet other vegetarians but it is so weird how everyone acts like they are everywhere and seems to think we are missing out, like i said it is something i feel good about every day.

im not saying u shouldnt eat meat but dont hate on vegetarians, we dont hate on meateaters!!

Originally posted by magilicuti

i always thought vegetarians hated meat eaters

Overgeneralize much? :idea::laugh: Actually I think it's more the other way around, people tend to think that veggies are some kind of tree-hugging freaks or something. I didn't eat red meat from the ages of 15- 22, for ethical reasons. People just didn't get it. My grandma would ask me to eat the filet mignon on Christmas, couldn't I make an exception for the holiday? I bit my tongue, but inwardly felt like asking her if she would blasheme for me, just to make an exception for the holiday! :laugh: