Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Homophobia on the board has gotten REALLY out of hand

Originally posted by enviable1

There is a time and a place for everyone to express their own views. And this kind of hating doesn't belong on a message board for the music community, particularly in NYC...:rolleyes:

where exactly do you see hate in what i wrote??? i was trying to be objective and neutral...

but this might have a little hate in it..go fuck yourself and read carefully what people write next time...:blown:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Electronic Subculture has done so and is now feeling the effect... Hopefully as time goes on those proportions will come back into line.. I however, doubt it..

...i sit and pray that so many things are based on pendulum models...but only time will tell if this is true...i hope so...

Mike: yeah, i really hear you on the online gaming thing... even i'm starting to feel "old"...

ex.

"Hey, how the hell did you learn to play like that?"

'oh, i played a lot of TF back in the day...'

"whats TF???"

mind you, we were playing a game based on the Original TeamFortress mod for Quake 1...

i hardly even bother reading the text bars anymore. i just focus on the game itself... so much nonsense... i'm just relieved to see "gg" every once in a while after a game...

i do agree that anti-gay slurs are immature and unncecessary.

on the same token, there's always been endless asian bashing and i am yet to see a moderator put their foot down about it or even create a post about it like it has been done for gays.

and why is it that one of the STICKYs on this board (the SF party one) is a sticky AT ALL when it's COVERED with anti-asian posts?

what message is clubplanet trying to convey? that it's ok you guys are promoting a party where it's filled with slurs likes "chinks"? that wouldn't have made it up there if someone was being called a fag, right?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by kitty19

on the same token, there's always been endless asian bashing and i am yet to see a moderator put their foot down about it or even create a post about it like it has been done for gays.

and why is it that one of the STICKYs on this board (the SF party one) is a sticky AT ALL when it's COVERED with anti-asian posts?

what message is clubplanet trying to convey? that it's ok you guys are promoting a party where it's filled with slurs likes "chinks"? that wouldn't have made it up there if someone was being called a fag, right?

hell yeah! same goes for calling hispanics spics and middle eastern people "towelheads"....

Originally posted by wideskies

unfortunately, it's the sort of behavior i've learned to expect from CP. i gave up on trying to communicate with people in the NY Forum months ago.

:( you gave up on trying to communicate with more than just peeps in the NY forum

Originally posted by sassa

hell yeah! same goes for calling hispanics spics and middle eastern people "towelheads"....

i agree. the "towelhead" bullshit that was started recently was immature and ridiculous. the double standards are second to none here.

I think you misunderstood or I wasn't clear what I meant when I said"hating." The "Hating" I was referrring to wasn't about what you said in your post, but the general hating that this thread referred to which is homophobic gaybashing or any type of stereotypical hating. So take a chill pill miss:rolleyes:

Originally posted by sassa

where exactly do you see hate in what i wrote??? i was trying to be objective and neutral...

but this might have a little hate in it..go fuck yourself and read carefully what people write next time...:blown:

Originally posted by enviable1

I think you misunderstood or I wasn't clear what I meant when I said"hating." The "Hating" I was referrring to wasn't about what you said in your post, but the general hating that this thread referred to which is homophobic gaybashing or any type of stereotypical hating. So take a chill pill miss:rolleyes:

sorry.....:)

we can kiss and make up :D

in general i totally agree...and not just becuase my gf is asian. I myself am jewish so i've heard all the stupid insults. its just a question of degrees.

BUT - while everything you say is true, IMO most ethnic slurring on this board is directed more toward a specific group of poeple or clique hanging out in a club and not about the entire group in general.

for example - people often comment about the rudeness of the large asian crowd that sometimes hangs out in exit...and many asian friends of mine do as well, call them FOB's etc. And people don't say "you're being asian" to mean you're being a "dick" or "pussy" or that you just suck in general.

gay comments are simply hateful. It'd be like if someone stole something and you said "that was so black of you" - cause you're associating behavior with the group. And its not like poking fun at Irish people for drinking a lot or jewish kids for having big noses - because these groups have been fully accepted for the most part. Plus, based on the recent history of the US (last 20 years) the gay community has taken a huge amount of crap in general. I don't think that 50% of the US is religiously opposed to asians for example, or the country refuses to recognize the legality of asian marriages...

not trying to start a fight here in any way - just suggesting that there is a difference. having said all that, people should be both less thoughtless and less sensitive.

and phunk - those are my 2 cents

wow.

Thank you everyone for the thoughtful responses. (and those that responded with "shut up fag" and "you're gay" can suck my left nut :tongue: jk. I dont have a left nut. or a right one. but I digress.)

I want to say a few things. First, its reassuring to see I'm not the only one who is bothered by this. I was beginning to think no one noticed or cared. Second, its a damn shame to see that so many old timers have become so complacent about it and given up on this community, and it IS a community. Thats exactly why the calibur of the board has declined in many of our opinions, because the good ones give up and leave.

Phunk- you are, per usual, perceptive with dead-on accuracy, and I hope that people took the time to read what you said.

Kitty- like I said in my PM I agree that the racial slurring on the board is also upsetting and disrespectful. And while we're at it the misogyny level aint much better. I also dont really read sticky posts cause they are posted by admins and they are rarely about events that I go to, so I didnt see the stuff you were reffering to, but i'll keep a better eye on them from now on.

I made this post from the position of a member of the community, not as a moderator exerting "authority." I wasnt giving orders. I was making an observation and an appeal to fellow board members.

However, as a mod, I want to repeat, as I have said before, if you see an offensive post on the board, click the "REPORT THIS POST TO THE MODERATOR" button. That is what its there for.

P.L.U.R., people. Thats all I'm saying.

PLUR!!!!

I don't think this thread is about racist comments or anything of that nature. Rather it is about all the white trash the fills up DavE's servers day in and day out. All the retards who post nothing but nonsense and jiberish that don't have anything better do with their lives but bash the community that we used to call clubplanet. Time to start banning people, enough said. Bring back the old cp. i'm done her.e

yeah, I gotta agree with Yarin... unless people start getting banned, theres no reprecusion for breaking the user agreement/just being a straight-up asshole... (which, btw... is only something DaVe can do...)

first on the list should be multiple screennames... cp logs all the IP's, so on the screennames that are "suspicious" (hate to sound like the RAVE act...) ip's should be checked, and questions should be asked...

We need to get rid of the problem before the problem gets rid of us. (ie. whats left of a once-friendly community)

Originally posted by teklord310

I don't think this thread is about racist comments or anything of that nature. Rather it is about all the white trash the fills up DavE's servers day in and day out.

Yes, this post is not about racism. However, she did bring up the fact that hatred insults were being used against a group of people. Hence, this is why I brought up the hate shown against minority races on this board.

Someone mentioned it's not the same "type" of insults? Agreed, but I think that the bottom line is that whether an Asian calls someone a FOB, a non-Asian calls someone a chink, or someone is called a fag or a towelhead.. bottom line: it's all a sign of ignorance, hatred and stupidity.

I've been a part of this community awhile now, and gay/race/misogyny bashing has always been a part of CP. Just lately, it's been out of control and I'm tired of defending a cause no one else seems to give a shit about.

Yes, this post is not about racism. However, she did bring up the fact that hatred insults were being used against a group of people. Hence, this is why I brought up the hate shown against minority races on this board.

Someone mentioned it's not the same "type" of insults? Agreed, but I think that the bottom line is that whether an Asian calls someone a FOB, a non-Asian calls someone a chink, or someone is called a fag or a towelhead.. bottom line: it's all a sign of ignorance, hatred and stupidity.

I've been a part of this community awhile now, and gay/race/misogyny bashing has always been a part of CP. Just lately, it's been out of control and I'm tired of defending a cause no one else seems to give a shit about.

Like this, Kitty? LIKE THIS???? I weep and pray....

attachment.php?postid=1364703

Originally posted by ivehadit

Like this, Kitty? LIKE THIS???? I weep and pray....

I normally don't get involved in drama but you, my friend, need serious help. The majority of your posts are attempts to turn other CP'ers against each other. You must have some awful insecurities. So much hate in one little, tiny person. It's really kind of sad, isn't it?

PS- you're neither weeping nor praying, just scheming.

Originally posted by Crackorn

I normally don't get involved in drama but you, my friend, need serious help. The majority of your posts are attempts to turn other CP'ers against each other. You must have some awful insecurities. So much hate in one little, tiny person. It's really kind of sad, isn't it?

PS- you're neither weeping nor praying, just scheming.

hes funny though :laugh: