Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha and Digweed @ Space

laliux

Steve Porter is opening up the main room. After that James Zabiela is coming on to setup Sasha and Digweed. I dont know who's coming on first of the two, but I know it should be a great party. Considering it's conference and Space.. they should prolly be spinning for a good 4-6 hrs each :)

Originally posted by digital7

Steve Porter is opening up the main room. After that James Zabiela is coming on to setup Sasha and Digweed. I dont know who's coming on first of the two, but I know it should be a great party. Considering it's conference and Space.. they should prolly be spinning for a good 4-6 hrs each :)

Digital .... knowing about the fire marshals and being Space the only afterhours ... I can only imagine that door at 5 am :eek: :eek:

I think I will have to get there at 8 pm ... :D ..... bring your lunch box kids ... :hat:

damn!!! I am so confused about this one.. I don't want to get there at 3am and find a pandemonium. :confused:

I remember checking out Sasha at Firestone in Orlando, Florida before he even tagged up with Digweed. He has always had my ears.

God...does that make me sound old or does that just mean that I have been blessed with great sounds for a long time?

Lalo, Sasha used to spin @ aahzz in Orlando many many moons ago. He also used to spin and Jimmy van Malleghem's place in Orlando as well. That was the reference Frank was using

but I dont live in Orlando.:confused:

Originally posted by laliux

but I dont live in Orlando.:confused:

I guess you don't need to no more.:D, that was back in the days.

Hey jcbliss, Sasha and Digweed had a residency at Groovejet from what year to what year, and how often??:cool:

I just pray for Space 34 to be open for these two. I can't even imagine. Could I call it, the highlight of WMC??:tongue:

sasha & john never had a groovejet residency although from about 96 - 1999 each of them played at least 4 times a year is my guess. the only big names too hold "official" residancy's with us at groovejet were dave seaman and steve lawler... slacker was a semi official resident back in the day as well along with myself and luis diaz

club aahz was at the beacham theatre in downtown orlando. some of the best parties florida has seen went down there. chris fortier used to spin there almost every weekend. kimball collins and dave cannalte held the residencies.

speaking of cosmic baby...oh i still remember that live performance at firestone in 95. one of the top live acts ever.

yes you do sir...those were the days.. sasha will still tell you til this day that the best vibe at any place he ever played was ahhhz - nothing better then those days.....listen too the first renaissance cd - even that was a little bit later of a period but it will give you the general feel of what went on... clubbing just isn't what it used to be... still fun though -LOL

that club gave me some of my best college memories. i went to uf and used to go down with the simons crew to aaahz. that place reminds me of the lenny kravitz video "are you going my way". i am getting goose bumps just thinking of it. those were the days of the dirty dirty waffers.

shhhh, i am a grown up now.

Originally posted by demids

incidently who did you email about the Playbooy party at Raleigh on Friday as I had been looking for that myself

:)

Demi,

Check your PMs; I sent the contact info for that party.

see ya there!

Lalo :)