Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breakdancin'...

....Just buy the movie "The freshest kids: A history of the B-boy" , its all about the history of breaking, lockin, uprock and the like... You should really also try to find some crews around New York and just watch them..Dance like that can't really be 'taught' so to speak IMO..you gotta feel the beat and just move your natural way to it.. I dunno, I seem to be a natural at stuff like that tho (Poppin and lockin), so school may be right up your alley..

Originally posted by phuturephunk

....Just buy the movie "The freshest kids: A history of the B-boy" , its all about the history of breaking, lockin, uprock and the like... You should really also try to find some crews around New York and just watch them..Dance like that can't really be 'taught' so to speak IMO..you gotta feel the beat and just move your natural way to it.. I dunno, I seem to be a natural at stuff like that tho (Poppin and lockin), so school may be right up your alley..

story.natural.jpg

thats all u kidd..poppin and lockin

Originally posted by fineones

story.natural.jpg

thats all u kidd..poppin and lockin

..:laugh:..awesome...Seriously though, I'd try to find some b-boy stuff thats going on around the city, the best thing to do is to watch how others move... GlowgirlNYC would be able to shed ALOT more light on this than I would, you should send her a PM..

just go to places in corona. They dont teach you anythign but bboys and bgirls come together at centers...such as school gym and otehr places that have wood floor......there is a palce on junciton ave in corona where the barber shop and the record shop are right next to each other....go up there the guy who works there will help you out and also there is a record store on 6th ave on 4th....they sell lots of videos there and on canal there is a palce call scrap metal yard or soemthing they sell videos and have flyers

http://www.breakdance.com/

good palce to find meet guys form nyc...good community

http://www.b-boys.com/movies.html

video clips of moves

http://www.rocksteadycrew.com/homepage.html

home of crazy legs and wiggles

http://www.howtobreakdance.com/how_to_breakdx.htm

basically hit up one of the events thrown by Rock Steay or the zulu nation...the usually have a bboy gathering at south street seaport during summer and also check out the park by NYU during the summer, last time i saw kujo and his boys performing.

Breakdancin'...

Originally posted by fineones anyone here know of any breakdancin' schools located in NYC, or Queens??? free or pay doesnt matter...i recall there used to be one by FAO schwartz another on union tpke in queens... however i dont fully remember where they are...

don't take any offense to this, i'm just being honest---why don't you just type in "breakdance classes" in a search engine? You'll find plenty of places in the NY metro area and even suburban areas, whatever is more convenient.

There's a few places in BROOKLYN that def. have breakdance classes.

yo phuturephunk, i agree w/having your personal style or flava when it comes to dancing...to ME that's what's it's all about--I like to feel the music and do my own thing. The oldskool b-boys and b-girls didn't go to classes, instead they just headed to the streets b/c it was around. But now we f-take classes for everything. fineones, if you want to get all hardcore and shit w/this and be awesome, I'd most def. go to class. One of my friends on the west coast is AWEEEE-SOME at breakdancing b/c he worked w/a crew of some of the best kids that headed a school. Work on your upper-body, because arm/chest/upper strength is key, need a lot of power there for head spins, etc.

Originally posted by sdeelite

anybody else know of any other sites with breakin videos?

i just love watching them:)

...i could video me poppin and lockin if you'd like, just please ignore the sauce stains on my underoos and the devil dogs clutched in my hands....gotta be keepin' it real, or go the fuck home....

:aright:

Kujo/Jacob's my best friend here in Cali. He took me in when I arrived on the West coast back in June, an East coast transplant with 2 suitcases and $500...

If you like alternative dance, check out the Detours Video.

Ken Swift, Crazy Legs, etc. all reside in New York. If you hit me up, I can give you the contact info of bboys/bgirls in/about the city. Brexx Kru, Problems Kru, Floorlords, etc.

I would suggest checking out this board, and if you're interested in buying videos, you can go here:

FreestyleSession Store

I would highly recommend checking out Crumbs: BRAINSTORM (coming out on DVD soon), as well as anything by Style Elements (SEC).

My boyfriend and his brother will have their own video out soon, I'll keep you updated if you're interested. Tentatively entitled, "THE INFAMOUS FLAVE AND RUEN" with raw battle footage, etc.

Peace,

~kitten >^.^<

If you're looking for bboying clips online, here are some good ones:

BBoy Summit 2002.

My favorite clip (all footwork) from that site:

My boys Nabil, Steelo, Mosquito, Flave and Ruen.

BBoy Work Raw Footage Section (you might have to register, it's free and worth it).

My boy DoKnock (Jon Cruz) won the Star Search semi-finals and will be going on to compete for the $100,000 soon. He was at a jam I attended this past weekend and is hella into the scene... really sweet guy.

You can check out DoKnock on Star Search here.

His videos are of "Prelims 3" and the first SemiFinal.

Enjoy!

Random pics, kicking it with Jon/DoKnock.

DISCLAIMER: I was not aware of his age at the time of hookup, but at least he was legal. ;)

Peace,

~kitten >^.^<

Originally posted by happykittn

If you're looking for bboying clips online, here are some good ones:

BBoy Summit 2002.

My favorite clip (all footwork) from that site:

My boys Nabil, Steelo, Mosquito, Flave and Ruen.

BBoy Work Raw Footage Section (you might have to register, it's free and worth it).

My boy DoKnock (Jon Cruz) won the Star Search semi-finals and will be going on to compete for the $100,000 soon. He was at a jam I attended this past weekend and is hella into the scene... really sweet guy.

You can check out DoKnock on Star Search here.

His videos are of "Prelims 3" and the first SemiFinal.

Enjoy!

Random pics, kicking it with Jon/DoKnock.

DISCLAIMER: I was not aware of his age at the time of hookup, but at least he was legal. ;)

Peace,

~kitten >^.^<

Thanks for the extra info! :D