Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ronin's WMC review... very long...

WMC Review

Tuesday: Got to the Roney Palace around 1PM and couldn’t check in until 4PM, so Bugout, Cody, Feva, Feva’s girl Erin and I headed to the beach to kill time. After we finally checked in, we got some eats then hit up Wet Willies to get some frozen drinks. We then stumbled back to the hotel and rested up for Danny Tenaglia at Space….

What a fiasco to get in that place. Mike and I had Space passes, and the staff of Space seriously cluster fucked this one up. One table you get your card, then walk down to another door where there is no line, only a mobb of people trying to cram into the door. They weren’t allowing anybody in except people that wanted to buy VIP tables for $1000. Complete bullshit. Finally they started letting people with pre-sold tickets in, but not the Space Pass people. Tempers were rising at this point all around as to what the fuck is the difference if we all pre paid. An hour and 20 mins later, they finally set up a system for the Space Pass. One girl checked your ID and Space pass, then gave you a ticket, then another person took you ticket and off you were.

Got in there around 5ish I think. Danny was dropping sick beats left and right. A lot of older tracks and not too many new, and he barely talked on the mic. Then he drops the Puff Daddy track… :eek: Hands down the track of the conference. Tore it apart then announced that it was that track and he went off from there.

The new Space’s Patio is ridiculous. Nothing like dancing to beats on a roof top in the sunlight at 8am. We bounced around 8:30 I believe, because we were shot from the trip down.

Wednesday Woke up early and hit up the beach to catch some rays. That Night, we hit up Space again minus Cody, to catch Tiesto and Picotto. Tiesto’s set was from 2:30-6:30 and Picotto’s was supposed to be 3:30-6:30. We got there around 1:45 and Paul Oakenfold was on, and he was amazing. I will never bad mouth him again, the man is no joke. Much respect to him! Tiesto unleashed mayhem in the club. Bomb after bomb. I was in heaven :eek: Not once, but Twice the power in the dj booth cut out because of the fire alarm, and the crowd just chanted his name and he soaked it up. After the second outage, he seemed to be out of it and it wasn’t anything special.

During the set, I spotted Picotto in the dj booth, so I headed up front, and when he walked out, I spoke to Mauro and told him how much I enjoyed his set at Arc this past weekend, and how excited many people are that he will be there bi-monthly. He was very nice and appreciated everything I had to say. I got my picture with him like the true dj whore I am.

Dave Marivisi from exit was chillin in the DJ booth talking to Tiesto and Oakenfold. I have pictures to prove it.

After Tiestos set, we strolled up to the Patio to see Mauro spin. :jawdrop: We caught about an hour of the set before we left due to fatigue but my god, siiiick techno. â€Pontape†blew up the crowd. Nitrous filled the roof top and it was sure insanity.

Thursday After hitting up the beach, Thursday was a cluster fuck in many aspects. Too many good parties to go to, not enough time or money. I personally wanted to go to Space to see Sasha and Digweed, but that didn’t happen cause I couldn’t find anyone to take a cab with me to split the $30 round trip fare. Instead I hit up Maze with Bugout for Roger Sanchez. He was ridiculous. I loved this club the best. It’s almost a combination of Vinyl and Sound Factory. The lighting rigs, the light shows themselves, and the layout of the club were sweet as hell. The sound system was one of the better ones I’ve heard. Only problem with this place is the bathroom. Massive mess to go to the bathroom, down a narrow hallway wide enough for about 1 and a half people.

We bounced outta there and headed home early cause Mikes friend who drove 4 hours to visit, had to leave in the morning. So we get back to the “Ronin Palace†and behind us a few girls followed us into the lobby. I started a Tiesto chant in the lobby and the girls even joined in. The Tiesto chant was because the desk guy resembled him. So we chat with the girls in the elevator and headed up to their penthouse…

Friday Once again, hit up the beach to get this nice tan. We stayed out for only an hour and a half and got a little burnt. We headed upstairs to get showered, then Bugout and I went to the Shelborne hotel to hear Tooooooch spin. Caught the last 45 mins and he laid it down sick as usual. Then we strolled over to get a bite to eat at this pizza place(we ate pizza I think everyday) and then went to the Cleavlander party. Yes, we were mad drunk after this party. DJ Skribble needs to be banned from the EFX box and let the other DJs do their thing. He royally fucked up numerous DJs sets. Nice hanging out with numerous people from Club Planet and Sicktracks all day and night from 2-10pm.

We headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up for PVD at Space and had no clue how we were going to make it there in one piece. We get ready, and pass out for like 40 mins then wake up all out of it. Called Larry back at home to wish him Happy Birthday, then headed on out to get a cab… riiiiiiight It took 45 mins to get a cab then we were stuck in traffic cause someone on a scooter was killed on one of the bridges. So we get to Space at 2:11am and the lines for the space pass this week were crazy, but this night, 2 people on the line, so we walked right in and caught PVDs intro! Siiiiiiiiiiiiick The energy was incredible. Amazing. So at 6:15ish when he started what we thought was his second encore song, bugout and I left. Yeah, turns out that he spun till 8am, and dropped the Puffy track for a THIRD time that night and had puffy in the booth doing the lyrics! That was the third puffy sighting we missed this week!

Saturday Mother fucking Ultra Fest.

This was incredible, so many DJs to choose from it wasn’t funny. Cody, Mike and I strolled around and planned out our mission of the day and then it started to down pour and we ran into the “Ultra ‘Club Experience’ Dance Tent,†and caught Max Graham, and he was on point! The tent wasn’t near packed before the rain, and most people that ran into it for cover stayed after the rain was over. Threw down some sick songs such as The DJ Montana mix of Carrera 2.

We caught the beginning of Hybrids set at the Ultra Soundstage, and it seemed ok, but not really my thing. After strolling around for a little bit, we wanted to hear Oscar G in the “Space 34 Arena,†but he wasn’t on and Ivano Bellini was, and he was pretty good. He even got to tear the wife beater off this really hot amazing DJ groupie. LOL

We headed back over to the Ultra Soundstage for Sasha and Digweed, and just missed the very beginning. We saw Digweed lay down a bunch of tracks and headed over to go see Eric Morillo at the Radio 1 Essential Mix Stage, but he wasn’t there! :mad: So we headed back and saw some of Sasha’s first set.

It was time to head over to the Ultra Amphitheater to catch Tiesto’s set. We got there early and caught a good half hour of Oakenfold who once again proved that he can throw down a great trance set. The Mix of

Prophet was siiiiiiiick.

Tiesto took over at 7:30 and laid down a sick hour and a half set. Crowd was going berserk. There was a guy introducing the dj’s and I got a voice note of Tiestos entrance… it was rather cheesy but cool at the same time. Will be uploading that to the computer soon. Some guys were selling Tiesto shirts so bugout and I got one each. The arena had to have at least 20,000 people in it and around it.

Now we headed back over to the Space 34 tent to catch Danny Howells but he pulled a no show, and Christian Smith went on earlier. This man is no joke. Finally, there was some techno for the day. He had problems with the turntables as I noticed a lot of people where in the various tents and arenas. He pulled it off nicely however.

Saw Sandra Collins on the Radio 1 stage and she is pretty hot from what I saw and she laid down the beats very well.

I left this a little early to run back to the Ultra Soundstage to catch the man, Mauro Picotto, but they were setting up a band! Planet B? Ok. Not my cup of tea. So back to Christian Smith, and after him came Edgar V and he played PVDish. Pretty decent music…The Silence, Solarcoaster… etc.

We decided to re try Picotto and we go there in time. He didn’t like how it sounded, it was too low for him, but it seemed the sound techs didn’t want to raise it. He was pissed off, then to make it worse, he was rushed off by another band, “Kevens†and in all, Picotto played about 7 songs. He was pissed, the crowd was pissed at Kevens… booing them, and about 75% of the people left that arena. Very disappointing.

After this we didn’t even attempt to catch PVD in the Amphitheater. Word was that it was blocked off because there were too many people. We had seem him the night prior so it wasn’t a big deal. We saw that Eric Morillo was now on the Radio 1 stage and he was playing some good beats, but his dancers needed to get lost. Getting a cab after Ultra was a big deal, but we got lucky and got one within 15 mins.

Ultra abused my body like no other, and the week was so fucking fun making it all worth it. I wish I could have gone to a few more parties, and checked out some other clubs. As a “mega†club, Space is my favorite that I’ve been too, and over all club that I like best(Based on appearance, music, crowd etc.. ) is Maze. Venue is amazing. Loved it.

The Roney Palace can take their $2 fee’s and 20% surcharges and $4 cans of soda and $5 bag of peanuts and stick em up their asses, but its expected during Spring Break in south beach I guess.

Big thanks to everyone who partied along side of myself and my friends. Dave from CP thanx for the Clubplanet items, and best of luck with the new endeavors CP is moving on to.

I need to unpack after typing this essay and fall into a coma.

And in honor of meeting Joey Dollaz(originator of the “peace out†thread)…

Peace out,

Ronin

:rock:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm yeah what he said....

I'll just add to that that Ultra was redic...what an experience...yeah sure there were 100's of candy ravers but i didnt get raver stomped on and almost got a bead braclet from one so they were cool with me.

61 bucks to see at least 1 hour sets from Hybrid, Max Graham, Tiesto, Oakie, PVD, Picotto, Sasha and Digweed, Oscar G, Saeed and Palash, Christian Smith, Edgar V, and others was a bargain. Plus to be in that main ampitheather to hear that crowd react when tiesto dropped lethal industry as an encore is a memory that will stay with me for a while....

Also Roger Sanchez is no fucking joke--Obviously b/c he won the grammy but also just based on his perfromance thursday nite at his "release yourself" party--Maze was a great venue and Roger showed why he's a great DJ...

I had a few regrets---didnt get to catch Scumfrog (even tho he was at 9000 parties) same for Chus and Caballos but definitely soon. Missed Subliminal to go see Tiesto, Missed Tronic to see Tiesto--but one thing i learned is theres no ONE spot to be at in Miami during WMC--no matter where you go you are bound to see eye candy, hear ear candy and have a great time :rock:

Fav party for a 2nd straight year was the Clevlander experience (i say 'experience' b/c being there from 2pm-9pm gives it that billing)

Each NY/NJ guy just goin crazy givin it all they got havin fun playin with their friends meanwhile the crowd is full of familiar faces dancing and drinking. Nothing beats that-- (i didnt consider ultra a single party)

Space 34 was basically the "This is what exit could be like if it wasnt so fucked up" venue. Similar setup with the catwalk around the top...patio is redic. Maze was a great venue also. They LOVE their CO2 blasts down there....what an effect that shit has....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shout to Roha who was EVERYWHERE, mikey apotheisis, arthur nice meeting you, DJ Jon Stephen king arthur and the rest of the crew---amazing times--DaVe holdin it down everywhere.

Clubplanet magazine is SWEEEEET ya'll should check out the first issue....:rock:

To anyone who got a copy of my WMC 2003 demo cd, the tracklisting is available on my website

www.bugoutandfeva.com just goto Muzik then tracklists and scroll down...

Im gonna goto sleep for 3 days now to make up for the 23 hours of total sleep in 7 days that i got--

in conclusion like i said all week down there

1- siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkkkkkk

2- yeahhhhhhhhhhh doooooooooooooooooooooood

3- ripppppppppp ittttttttttttttttt

and

4- yup

:rock:

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by Ronin

...and then went to the Cleavlander party. Yes, we were mad drunk after this party. DJ Skribble needs to be banned from the EFX box and let the other DJs do their thing. He royally fucked up numerous DJs sets.

haha i was at that party. it was like all of a sudden we walked into staten island or sound factory or something. the funniest part was that after level that night we saw this crazy mofu on the street wearing wearing a costume made of EL wire and lasers and an american flag cape and we followed him into a bar... which was just like stepping into new jersey. everyone in the bar was screaming and bopping around to bon jovi 'livin on a prayer'. that was two times in the same day we were in jersey in miami :)

oh and one more thing while i remember--

someone explain to me whats wrong with this picture--

JP spinning at Menage (a small club in south beach) = $50

PVD, Gabriel and Dresden, BT and Pete Tong at Space 34 the mega club in Miami = $40 (maybe 50 later in the nite)

how does one explain this? Either way Im glad i had space pass and im glad i was too drunk to pay 50 bucks to hear JP but I wudda thought his party would be no more than 30 bucks esp since it wasnt at crobar or one of the bigger sobe nitespots....

Also im sure some people are wondering about the MUZIK and what tracks blew up down there...heres a few i heard a few places down there and saw great reactions to--

--Walking on Thin Ice (DT mix) - Yoko One

--Train of Thought - Peter Bailey

--Werq & Drum Control - Richie Santana

--Communication - Chus and Oscar Rivera

--Shake it - Lee Cabrera

--Satisfaction (greek dub) - Benny Benassi

--Shout - E FUnk ft Donna Thorton

and the hands down track of the conference

--Lets Get Ill - Deep Dish remix--Puffy ft Kelis REEEEEEEDIC gonna be the summer anthem i believe...

also theres many others i cant ID but im sure will blow up including one that DT gave the id on--it was produced by Manny Something (cant remember his last name but he's from NY)--great track

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

PVD, Gabriel and Dresden, BT and Pete Tong at Space 34 the mega club in Miami = $40 (maybe 50 later in the nite)

how does one explain this? Either way Im glad i had space pass and im glad i was too drunk to pay 50 bucks to hear JP but I wudda thought his party would be no more than 30 bucks esp since it wasnt at crobar or one of the bigger sobe nitespots....

Also im sure some people are wondering about the MUZIK and what tracks blew up down there...heres a few i heard a few places down there and saw great reactions to--

--Shake it - Lee Cabrera

--Lets Get Ill - Deep Dish remix--Puffy ft Kelis REEEEEEEDIC gonna be the summer anthem i believe...

also theres many others i cant ID but im sure will blow up including one that DT gave the id on--it was produced by Manny Something (cant remember his last name but he's from NY)--great track

Mike Bugout

That Puffy track most definitely is the song of the year, not just the conference. Never seen a room of people so pumped up. Any track that PVD would play 4 times in a 6 hour set is just insane. It was almost like the energy of the crowd got stronger every time he played it. I MUST have this one. Ronin, you better hook it up brotha.

Mike - If you weren't too drunk, did you happen to remember to find out the name of the techy breaks track I asked you about at the Clevelander. Thats another must have track. I heard it played by Digweed, Howells, some dude at the Clevelander, Scumfrog and I am pretty sure someone else too, can't remember. Another must have track.

The last must have track that I heard canned by Digweed, Scumfrog, Pete Tong and some others was the new remix of Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine. Hot fucking track. Gotta have it.

WMC Review

So we chat with the girls in the elevator and headed up to their penthouse…

...and didn't close the deal because they walked into their penthouse apartment and said "good night" to you at the door. :laugh:

nice review.

Nice review Robin. :aright:

I'll get mine up sometime tonite.. too busy at work right now to type it all up and then I gots some class.. :mad:

Let's put it this way though.. I'm *officially* now a Danny Howells whore (as if it was ever a question).

--Shake it - Lee Cabrera

Mike Bugout

To add to what you said--

the puffy track. yes, surprisingly it was SLAMMIN.

also, Benny B.-Satisfaction....

and I've been rocking Shake It for quite some time now, great great track...

Originally posted by sdeelite

To add to what you said--

the puffy track. yes, surprisingly it was SLAMMIN.

also, Benny B.-Satisfaction....

and I've been rocking Shake It for quite some time now, great great track...

nice meeting you at the Cleavlander! I didnt even recognize you at the airport yesterday and I felt bad not sayin hi after mike told me that it was you.

nice meeting you at the Cleavlander! I didnt even recognize you at the airport yesterday and I felt bad not sayin hi after mike told me that it was you.

Oh you too!

I especially enjoyed listening to the tiesto voice note on your phone;)

Yeah it's ok about the airport....I prob looked like shit after the wonderful traveling experience I had.

I didn't see you either so it's ok...tho you are from clubplanet tho right?? So why I didn't notice u is beyond me.

:tongue:

Let's Get Ill (Deep Dish Remix) - P Diddy ft Kelis

Roha imma get Joe's whole set list from the clevlander...DJ Joe Fredico blew it up!!! Also Boris at the clevlander was awesome as well--

Mike Bugout

one of my friends from back home says hes awesome...def interested in hearing!