Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space34 and WMC issues

spacious

Originally posted by saleen351

any dj that played before 4am at maze sucked big time... I'd take picotto and roland and og over all of them...

how did your party go?

YES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true

those fockers at Maze would play one good track then three wack ass shitty tracks:confused:

I can't wait to hear OG and Roland again.:idea:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we knew it wouldn't take long before all the haters would come out and bash the new Space. Go there before you start talking shit about it. I spent my entire week at Space and not at one moment did I ever get tired of the place. I've been to Maze and it has nothing on Space infact I've been to many clubs and Space blows them all away by far. This club is more than amazing. Its mega dance floor, music, sound and lighting are sure to keep people packing the place for years to come. And then the patio is something out of this world. Never have I seen something so massive as that patio. I won't even begin to describe it just so you people can see it for yourselves. And as for the WMC line up it was more than incredible. Danny was great as he always is for WMC. The vibe was amazing. People didn't stop dancng all night. Truly amazing to feel that vibe. Tiesto, Oaky and Picotto where great. What an amazing feeling being up stairs and looking down at a packed dance floor all with there hands up and jumping as these guys throw down one of there many massive tracks of the night. Simply amazing. Then there was Sasha and Digweed night. WOW!!!! 100x over. The music this night was the best night of music I had ever heard. Klienberg bomed the patio beyond recognition. He was surly one of the surprises of conference. Then there was the night of PVD. Again What else needs to be said. Packed house with there hands up and simply making Space shake as if an earthquake where hitting it. DEEP DISH was my favorite night of all. These guys truly came to rock. They where on point all night flawless mixing great tracks that kept me dancing all night. And the song of confernce goes to Deep Dish w/ P Diddy. Great fucking track simply amazing every time I heard it play the dance floor went nuts. Must of heard most Dj's play it though out WMC. And the closing party, well what else needs to be said Danny Howells, Oscar G, Sasha and Sharam. One other note, Roland rocked the patio afterhours Friday he really got the crowd going after BT sub par set killed some of the crowd. Roland was able to get them back in and keep them going till mid-afternoon. Lunar Sessions + Roland + the new space patio = 1 great party. My hat goes off to Mr. Puig for a great experience and all the great music at Space 34. The place is simply amazing and I look foward to spending endless Saturday's there for the years to come. And to all whom i spent my WMC with (you guys know who you are), Thanks for all the great memories I will defenitaly remember this one for a very long time.

Oh and by the way Space wasn't the only party I went to during conference. If you want to argue about the best line-up of WMC the only place in my opinion that came close was Nerve. Look at what there line-up was. It surley tops to anyone on the Beach. Real nice club with great music and great vibe. Jimmy van M, Digweed and Fortier rocked that place.

Originally posted by rocky05

Then there was Sasha and Digweed night. WOW!!!! 100x over. The music this night was the best night of music I had ever heard. Klienberg bomed the patio beyond recognition. He was surly one of the surprises of conference

After that I was in bed for three days ... talk about SIIIICK! :eek:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=152800

:D:hat:

Originally posted by andrewthomas

yea and what....

ones business ones personal whats ya point?

trust me if space could go into anther club and pass flyers around they would

Space CAN get into a club and throw flyers around.

Space WONT go into another club and throw flyers out

Space doesnt NEED to go to another club to throw flyers out

Originally posted by espacio

here we go again...andrew thomas trying to be a bad ass once again. it is funny to me how u can come out and say that u were bombing space with flyers to your party, which im sure was a huge success.:laugh: ...i heard rolands set was really good. (maybe if he wouldve played, cause he was definitely the best d.j. on your all-star roster). but i think roland is a little too busy playing at a slightly better party at SPACE 34, to be playing at your awesome w.m.c. bash. I dont know why u always seem to choose space as your choice of venue to bash and criticize. Space has proven over the last 3 years to be one of the best clubs in the country, if not the world. For you to have the nerve to say that Maze had a better lineup than Space 34 is absurd, and i think anyone and everyone on this board would agree. Let's see:

Danny Tenaglia

Oscar G.

Tiesto

Oakenfold

Piccotto

Sasha & Digweed

Sander Kleinberg

Steve Lawler

Paul Van Dyk

Edgar V.

Deep Dish

Danny Howells

thats only naming some of the roster.

And to have a closing party featuring:

Danny Howells

Oscar G.

Sasha

Sharam (Deep Dish)

I would say that is quite the ending party. Your comments are usually quite ridiculous, and the funniest thing of all, is that i bet u are probably at space every saturday dancing your ass off having a great time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Espacio taking credit away from Space for an incredible lineup of global talent wether you like trance or house (they filled both tastes) is simply dumb.

hats off to Space. but booking the best DJS in the world isnt enough for people.

NOT including the best residents of

Roland

Oscar G

Edgar v

and im not even throwing in Bellini who pretty much got that terrace thing going in the first place. I remember when the terrace was used solely to get fresh air and get a break.

people bash him but he still rocks it. i dont know:rolleyes:

If only LP himself would read this and listen. Alas that is probably very unlikely.

Overall I though Space was great during WMC. The new venue is now brings it into line with other world class venues that I have been to, and matches the world class talent that regularly appears at Space. That is why WMC couldn't really fail, despite the best efforts of it arrogant, obnoxious staff.

I can understand the bar staff not have much time for pleasantries, due to the huge volumes of drinks they must have had to serve. I've done that job in the past, so I understand. But the heavy handed doormen/bouncers were completely out of line. The way access was restricted between each stair well was ridiculous at times. Friends of mine were actually trapped on the Patio during PVD set down on the main dance floor, with both stairwells blocked. When asked to at least explain to the people that had paid for their wages via the 100+ space passes that they had bought they had nothing intelligent or nice to say.

The same must be said by those issuing Space passes and those letting people in on the first night. Firstly, I don't care how much security you need for these passes, but you do not need a photocopy of my Driving License AND my credit card on a piece of paper which I do not know what will happen to! When I commented that this might be a security risk I was told, very rudely, that this WAS for my security. BS! Apparently the Airlines in this country post 9/11 still believe it is secure enough to have a photo ID and confirmation number to pick up a plane ticket. What makes this Space so special??? Then after my half hour wait to pick up my pass, I then had to wait over an hour to get in. My friend in the general admission cue got through in less than half an hour. Surely priorty to move the VIP/Pass queue should have been given more resources. Again, more arrogant responses from the door people when my friend complained, with a threat to bar her from the entire weeks events. The second two night were a lot better, but I still felt that I had not benefited at all from my pass, as I arrived at a decent time to all nights and could have got in through either queue.

Lastly ... the sound system. It is far from perfect yet, but not too far away. Go to Crobar. That for me is what a sound system should sound like. Good clear high and mid-ranges, but never piecing to the ear, with warm deep bass that has that really low low frequency punch that just makes you feel the kick drum all over your body. Space didn't and still doesn't have that low end. The only time was when I last saw Deep Dish at the old venue and they built an extra speaker wall of subs. The high ranges at the new space are also too harsh. But that could well change if these speakers degrade like hi-fi speakers do. We shall see. Still .... this is a quality main dancefloor with a sound that beats most clubs.

LP ... please sort your people out. They will be the people that make the club over the next year when tourists are thin on the ground. I would like to see a club over here run a members scheme like most clubs in the UK do, that entitles you to reduce entrance fees and occassional special prilivelges. Good clubs are about the the music and the venue. But the truely great clubs are about the community of people that make it their home.

-HardHouseHead :D

Originally posted by spacious

Patio heat...what can I say?...it's Miami. If you can't stand the heat...move to Chicago. We are installing more fans to blow more hot air.

Congrats on winning at DanceStar - the club deserves it :D

I totally dig the new Space.. I think it's great... thanks for addressing the concerns many people posted on here. I thought the sound was pretty good - and will only get better when OG gets on the decks and you tweak it out.

Patio - yes, fans.. please - I know its Miami and it's hot, but the air doesn't circulate - so fans will help out big time!:tongue:

And please, let Roland spin from 3am on... no more cheeslini;)

Lola:D

I can't comment on the US DJ's playing at Maze ... but the only resident in Miami that has regularly impressed me is Roland. Oscar who? Very over-rated. Edgar V just plain sucks. However, on PVD and Sasha both reminded me of why they became two of the biggest DJ's on the planet. The last two hours of PVD was one of the best club experience of my life and I have more than I care too mention having seen the likes of the best DJ's in the world in the UK/Ibiza for many years. It's not often you see PvD actually dancing like a kid (normally so quiet) and then have P. Diddy turn up and dance with him! LOL. Tiesto did not do himself justice at all, I was unimpressed. Digweed was solid. Sander K. was awesome upstairs. The talent line up over all was very very good. I think you guys probably missed some of the more sublime talents on the list like Seb Fontaine (Check out his Prototype Series on Global Underground - one of my old fav. London DJs). And there was plenty of new talent at Space. The two young DJs that played before Sasha&Digweed were outstanding I thought. A lot of energy and enthusiam and great great house tracks. These are the future big names. You'll never see these DJ's come though in a place like Miami, because it's all about who you know over here to even play at a club. There is no real underground scene here that is a proving ground for new talent or a crowd that is educated enough to listen to them. Most people in SoBe go to the club not to see the DJ but to be seen. I'm sure that those posting on this list are the honorable exceptions, but that's the bottom-line.

Anyways ... more of my 0.02c

Later,

-HardHouseHead

Regardless of what you thought about the club, every night had a massive crowd, especially Saturday Nite...So regardless of how lousy the lineup you may have thought it was, Space was laughing to the bank on Sunday...

Although, I did think the Old Space was more personable and better atmosphere, I did enjoy my few nites at the club.

Originally posted by hardhousehead

I can't comment on the US DJ's playing at Maze ... but the only resident in Miami that has regularly impressed me is Roland. Oscar who? Very over-rated. Edgar V just plain sucks. However, on PVD and Sasha both reminded me of why they became two of the biggest DJ's on the planet. The last two hours of PVD was one of the best club experience of my life and I have more than I care too mention having seen the likes of the best DJ's in the world in the UK/Ibiza for many years. It's not often you see PvD actually dancing like a kid (normally so quiet) and then have P. Diddy turn up and dance with him! LOL. Tiesto did not do himself justice at all, I was unimpressed. Digweed was solid. Sander K. was awesome upstairs. The talent line up over all was very very good. I think you guys probably missed some of the more sublime talents on the list like Seb Fontaine (Check out his Prototype Series on Global Underground - one of my old fav. London DJs). And there was plenty of new talent at Space. The two young DJs that played before Sasha&Digweed were outstanding I thought. A lot of energy and enthusiam and great great house tracks. These are the future big names. You'll never see these DJ's come though in a place like Miami, because it's all about who you know over here to even play at a club. There is no real underground scene here that is a proving ground for new talent or a crowd that is educated enough to listen to them. Most people in SoBe go to the club not to see the DJ but to be seen. I'm sure that those posting on this list are the honorable exceptions, but that's the bottom-line.

Later,

-HardHouseHead

EV and OG are both music lovers and have a very loyal following down here that appreciate their taste. Technically, there is no way in hell that OG is overated. As far as taste, well that's subjective. You shouldn't knock someones taste because you "think" your taste is better.

As far as the scene down here. It depends on what your into. For the mainstream sound of the artists that you mentioned there's no such thing as underground anymore. Pdiddy was there for gods sake. No you don't hear that kind of music on the radio but if your into dance music culture then chances are you've probably heard it before.

I can't comment on the US DJ's playing at Maze ... but the only resident in Miami that has regularly impressed me is Roland. Oscar who? Very over-rated.

Roland is the shit - but to say Oscar G is over-rated is completely absurb...... He continually bangs out #1 songs all over the place and has a faithful following, not only in Miami, but world-wide.

If you aren't into his style, that's one thing... but I would never call the man over-rated. He's worked his ass off to get where he's at and I'm damn proud the man's our resident at Space.

Lola:D

Later,

-HardHouseHead

Oscar who? Well it’s Oscar G ! for someone who seems to have some dance music knowledge, you’re either just plain ignorant or just an idiot. Oscar G, you know Oscar who? Has had at least three singles hit, the billboard charts in less then a year. I’m a little hard pressed to remember, the last single your boy PVD charted.

As far as Edgar V is concerned; he is at the top of his craft. In my humble opinion, I though his set had more energy then PVD’s set. not to mention I have seen him blow away, some pretty established “ top dj’sâ€. â€You'll never see these DJ's come though in a place like Miami" again your ignorance is beaming like a ray of light. Seb Fontaine has been to Miami several times, most recently appearing at crobar. perhaps you can find some other global talent, which has not played in miami. let me define that a bit more. perhaps you can find a Global DJ worth paying to see, that has not played in miami. finally there is no such thing as an underground scene. to a DJ thats hopes to survive.

staying to far underground won’t pay the bills. :idea:

"I have more than I care too mention having seen the likes of the best DJ's in the world in the UK/Ibiza for many years."

p.s. Oscar G played at Ibiza this past year, but I’m sure you knew that sport. :rolleyes:

congratulations to you louis puig. the new space is simply breath taking. i love the space station the best. with the dj booth carved out of the wall in a wickedly rectangular shape. I enjoyed thursday evening the best. with randall jones, sean cusick, three, and then tim skinner. wow, these guys were amazing. the less popular names from the world class dj's of balance promote group. the main room is massive to say the least but the sound system is amazing. i felt the bass in my soul during james zabiela's set. the upstairs vip is very comfortable and allows you a birds eye view of all the steamy action below on the dancefloor.

Danny Howells on the patio was my highlight for conference. All the patio needs is some giant fans and maybe some hot chick squirting all the punters with ice water. The patio is huge and the sound system sounds great. i'm kicking myself for missing sasha out in the patio.

last but not least i look forward to hearing some great talent in the upcoming months @ the new space. some suggestions. satoshi tomiie, chris fortier, and for a breaky surprise and treat lee burridge. props go out to biz for always being the hardest working promoter in the "biz" .......long live the new space and the beginning of some unforgettable memories @ the new space.

If only LP himself would read this and listen. Alas that is probably very unlikely.

Overall I though Space was great during WMC. The new venue is now brings it into line with other world class venues that I have been to, and matches the world class talent that regularly appears at Space. That is why WMC couldn't really fail, despite the best efforts of it arrogant, obnoxious staff.

I can understand the bar staff not have much time for pleasantries, due to the huge volumes of drinks they must have had to serve. I've done that job in the past, so I understand. But the heavy handed doormen/bouncers were completely out of line. The way access was restricted between each stair well was ridiculous at times. Friends of mine were actually trapped on the Patio during PVD set down on the main dance floor, with both stairwells blocked. When asked to at least explain to the people that had paid for their wages via the 100+ space passes that they had bought they had nothing intelligent or nice to say.

The same must be said by those issuing Space passes and those letting people in on the first night. Firstly, I don't care how much security you need for these passes, but you do not need a photocopy of my Driving License AND my credit card on a piece of paper which I do not know what will happen to! When I commented that this might be a security risk I was told, very rudely, that this WAS for my security. BS! Apparently the Airlines in this country post 9/11 still believe it is secure enough to have a photo ID and confirmation number to pick up a plane ticket. What makes this Space so special??? Then after my half hour wait to pick up my pass, I then had to wait over an hour to get in. My friend in the general admission cue got through in less than half an hour. Surely priorty to move the VIP/Pass queue should have been given more resources. Again, more arrogant responses from the door people when my friend complained, with a threat to bar her from the entire weeks events. The second two night were a lot better, but I still felt that I had not benefited at all from my pass, as I arrived at a decent time to all nights and could have got in through either queue.

Lastly ... the sound system. It is far from perfect yet, but not too far away. Go to Crobar. That for me is what a sound system should sound like. Good clear high and mid-ranges, but never piecing to the ear, with warm deep bass that has that really low low frequency punch that just makes you feel the kick drum all over your body. Space didn't and still doesn't have that low end. The only time was when I last saw Deep Dish at the old venue and they built an extra speaker wall of subs. The high ranges at the new space are also too harsh. But that could well change if these speakers degrade like hi-fi speakers do. We shall see. Still .... this is a quality main dancefloor with a sound that beats most clubs.

LP ... please sort your people out. They will be the people that make the club over the next year when tourists are thin on the ground. I would like to see a club over here run a members scheme like most clubs in the UK do, that entitles you to reduce entrance fees and occassional special prilivelges. Good clubs are about the the music and the venue. But the truely great clubs are about the community of people that make it their home.

-HardHouseHead :D

Just for the records ... :hat:

"Don't know what rock you've been hiding under, but crobar's system needs some serious work nowadays...Space 34's blows it away."

Pod I couldn't agree with you more, what an idiot !!!

Crobars system is semi-decent only if you are on the dancefloor,

other wise it sucks the distortion level is ridiculous if you are

anywhere else especially upstairs.

Space 34's Nexo - EAW designed and installed by Lord @ Infinite

Kicks ass. Nothing comes close.

On opening night I was standing in front of low end Nexo's on the dancefloor, DT was dropping some sick bass and my entire

body was vibrating it felt Sooooooooo good !!!! But only a girl

would know what I'm talking about.

Space 34 went all out people, top of the line everthing, from the

music systems in place, to the lighting and lastly the Kryogenifex system kick's butt. I saw the sun rise that 1st night on the patio

and thought I was in heaven.

Even the A/C has an excellent fresh air intake and is alot better than the old Space.

You guys need to shut the fuck up and enjoy the finest club on the planet. You have no idea the hard work and $$$$ that was

put into it.

:D :D

Originally posted by koky

AWSOME PLACE !! I HAD AN AWSOME TIME ALL THE NIGHTS I WENT & LOVED IT !! HAD NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM !! PROPS TO LP !!! IM GONNA DEFINATELY BE THERE FREQUENTLY :D :D :D THE ONLY PROBLEM I SAW @ THE CLUB WAS THE AMOUNT OF MEATHEADS IN THERE WEARING NO SHIRTS & TRYING TO DANCE..IT LOOKED RIDICULOUS & MADE THE CLUB LOOK BAD :laugh: :laugh: J/K

WELCOME TO WHAT WE HAVE TO DEAL W/ IN NYC. THAT'S WHAT MADE CLUBBING SO BAD HERE. WE HAVE ALL THESE JUICE HEADS AND CRACK HO'S THAT THINK THEY KNOW HOW TO CLUB. THEY CONSUME SOUND FACTORY. THEY ARE RIDICULOUS, AND ARE ONLY THERE TO GET AS FUCKED UP AS THEY CAN, AND TRY TO SHOW OFF THEIR BODIES. THEY KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT TRUE CLUBBIN OR MUSIC. YOU SHOULD BE GLAD NY LEFT MIAMI