Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Japanese Hair Straightening

jimk29

Originally posted by angelicious

I never even heard of it, whats different about this straighting. I get my hair chemically straightened all the time, but its so bad for the hair. is this like that?

My friend is learning how to do it for her salon...i dont think its bad for your hair at all, i think its actually good for it..if you go through the trouble of chmically straitening it all the time i would def. look into it...the only thing is, its a lil' pricey

Although I'm not 100% positive, I'm 90% sure most, if not all these NYC salons, offer Japanese Hair Straightening (btw, these are the pricier salons, but call and see how much they will charge.

- Frederic Fekkai Salon 15 East 57th Street 212-753-9500

- Garren New York Salon 712 Fifth Avenue @ Henri Bendel 212-841-9400

- Oribe Salon 691 Fifth Avenue 212-319-3910

- Oscar Blandi Salon 768 Fifth Avenue @ the Plaza Hotel 212-593-7930

- Paul LaBrecque Salon & Spa 106 Columbus Avenue 212-988-7816

- Peter Coppola Salon 746 Madison Avenue 212-988-9404

- Antonio Prieto Salon 25 West 19th Street 212-255-3741

....hope this helps! :)

.....most salons don't do.....'japanese' hair straightening....that was one of the first methods people knew and heard about......so the name kinda stuck.....bio-ionics is a pretty common one....i know grund puts one out....i just got certified in the farouk system called CHI............leaves the hair in unbelievable condition..................about $150-$200 an hour for an appointment.......that's my price.....it varies...but i would assume somewhere in that ballpark anywhere in the north jersey..ny area......some salons charge by length of hair.....

• 2 weeks later...

does this get your hair pin sraight permanently? I have thick curly hagr which i try to style myself but i LOVE straight hair. when i've gotten my hair chemically straighened in the past, it was nice for like a week and then it kind of went back to the way t always was-- this happened on several ocasions and i tried several salons-- on top of that i was left with *dry* breaking hair..

also,has anyone heard of the ceramic straightening iron? supposedly its new and its not supposed to damage your hair.. but if it heats up, i don't know how that can be true?

Originally posted by bkissa

My girlfriend had it done for $600. I thought it was supposed to be permanent, but after 2 months her hair started frizzing up and after 4 months she had to redo it.

...if done right....and with quality product....it should grow out...she should complain...lol...........

Originally posted by karisma

also,has anyone heard of the ceramic straightening iron? supposedly its new and its not supposed to damage your hair.. but if it heats up, i don't know how that can be true?

i got one of these last year while i was in toronto. it still heats up, but for some reason is les damaging to your air than the old ones. i've been using mine daily for almoast a year now and have no complaints

Originally posted by jimk29

Where is the best place in the city to have it done? Anyone know?

Japanese hair str8tening is so friggin expensive. I had it done. But at tiz korean salon lols. I dink ish all tha same as of tha results but go 2 a place where they'll charge u RIGHT. It also depends how long & thick ur hair is. Lemme know how it goes.. haha :laugh2: