Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyk's return to NY

Uh, I heard that it was a disaster in Feb, but his scheudle says he's here in NY in April @ Roxy thanks to Made Promotions.

But Made's site doesn't mention anything, just apologizes for the last time.

Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone tell me why PVD's performances in NY are so expensive? Most of the venues he plays at are shitty anyways.

50 bucks? I mean, its usually 25 everywhere else in the country, and some of the venues he spins at are 10 times better!!! Yes, 10 times!

Maybe b/c his sets are extended? I didn't know we're paying by the minute!

Well, I haven't paid yet, never been to one of his sets here in NY. Maybe he'll make another Boston trip or something.

Originally posted by leftymo

Can someone tell me why PVD's performances in NY are so expensive? Most of the venues he plays at are shitty anyways.

50 bucks? I mean, its usually 25 everywhere else in the country, and some of the venues he spins at are 10 times better!!! Yes, 10 times!

Maybe b/c his sets are extended? I didn't know we're paying by the minute!

Well, I haven't paid yet, never been to one of his sets here in NY. Maybe he'll make another Boston trip or something.

FERRY @ MIX Fri. April 11th. Advance Tix at Satellite Records $25. Tickets go on sale April 5th

If you type in the promotional code "madepvd" the tickets are $40 in adavance stop cryin and go already!!!!!!!!!! ITs fawking PVD!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yeah for real when on tickeweb and ordering use that promotional code when it asks you and tickets will be $40

Originally posted by vsoto212

Can everyone stop bitching about the $$$. Just be glad that we have him coming again with good music. We are not gonna get that vibe,sound,dj,evergy no where here. So pay the $50 and enjoy the night.

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

That is definatly a promoter state of mind buddy..

Some people actually like seeing their DJ's for prices that arent double what they are EVERYWHERE else...you can safely say NYC is the greediest city in the world!

Originally posted by mixmoderator

FERRY @ MIX Fri. April 11th. Advance Tix at Satellite Records $25. Tickets go on sale April 5th

thats cool and all buddy but Ferry isnt PVD and thats the bottom line. Is PVD worth 25 more dollars? Thats a matter of opinion.

50 is the max i would pay to hear a DJ and the only ones who I'd do that for are Paul, Tijis and maybe Mauro. Thats basically it.

Mike Bugout

This may just be me, but 50 beans to be sardine packed into a club to "see" a DJ spin that i've already seen before? Seems a bit outlandish. I remember when it was $30 to get into Twilo to see him spin and you couldnt even dance it was so crowded.

IMHO (which is very full of itself :laugh2: ) There are lesser known DJs who will show me a better time. More space to dance and move around and meet people. Better crowds who aren't out that one night of the year for the Big "rockstar" DJ. And you can get to the bar. And when you get to the bar, you can actually buy a drink in under an hour.

If you've never experienced PVD live, i'd say go. . .but maybe a drive to another city where its not $50 is in order. Otherwise i cant see it being worth the trouble.

Just my two cents.

Originally posted by whitewidow

:finger: roxy,s capacity is only 2160 and tix are$$50 and made

will over sell the show again :finger2: and what about

the tix holders who did not get in the last show will they

get in this show for free.. if not:finger: :peeright: made&pvd

dito, cept not pvd hes the man

simply put, its supply and demand.

given that at $40, we had a 2 hour line outside waiting to get into PVD, one can only conclude that the ppl will be willing to pay $50 and have a 1 hour line outside. In the end, WE are to blame. As long as ppl keep buying, they will keep selling.

i think it was wrong to post exits party in this thread.

anyways

im paying the 50, i love pvd, ill see him whenever, wherever...it IS steep but whatever...i know people who would die to see pvd but just CANT shell out the 50...

ps: it wasnt mades fault what happened last time...teh nypd shut it down, made DID refund the tix if you tried to get them refunded...

Originally posted by lillizzy

i think it was wrong to post exits party in this thread.

anyways

im paying the 50, i love pvd, ill see him whenever, wherever...it IS steep but whatever...i know people who would die to see pvd but just CANT shell out the 50...

ps: it wasnt mades fault what happened last time...teh nypd shut it down, made DID refund the tix if you tried to get them refunded...

not my tics bro, not yet anyways and i sent them back 2 weeks ago, im fucking pisst at ticweb

Originally posted by lillizzy

bro

bro

bro

IM A GIRL!!!!!!!

wtf

lmao

rippppppppp itttttttttttt lizzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy

yeah seriously....i think these promoters dont know their crowds either b/c all the Ferry fans knew Ferry was gonna be here as soon as it got booked...

Plus its a different night...regardless....

:rock:

anyone who didnt know has no clue who Ferry is....

Originally posted by djinnom

simply put, its supply and demand.

given that at $40, we had a 2 hour line outside waiting to get into PVD, one can only conclude that the ppl will be willing to pay $50 and have a 1 hour line outside. In the end, WE are to blame. As long as ppl keep buying, they will keep selling.

Amen....so long as people are willing to dish out 50 bucks, they'll charge $50 bucks. . then next time around, bump it up $5 so it doesnt seem like that big a difference and people will dish out the extra cash.

The thing i wonder is how much money they lose & the bar because people spent it all on the tix?

I mean, if i spend $10/$15 to get in and buy a few rounds and start getting drunk, i'll be much more likely to spend that extra cash at the bar till i get ripped. (not to mention the water that i'd be buying on top of that to keep myself hydrated)

If i spend all my money on my tix and i dont have enough money to get drunk enough, i'm not going to spend any money on drinks that get me kinda iffy-almost-buzzed. I wonder if that has anything to play into things. . . .Just some food for thought.