Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best mixers?

flavanugz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djresident

that reminds me, teamj if you haven't already we should hit up the sunday brunch at tonic, i hear it's really good

Rumor has it they've got a make-your-own bloody mary bar. I applaud them if this is true.

I made it over to Tonic on Friday. Sad to say, but that place has already jumped the shark :(

make your own bloody mary is overrated. if you are hungover enough to warrant a bloody mary, you wont have the patience or skill to make one yourself.

i am def down for some sunday brunch in that joint though. let me know whats up for this weekend

i went to tonic on a friday with flavahugz and it SUCKED ! it was like the kells crowd in tonic and the music was SO FUCKING SHITTY !!!!! it was like very hard anthem dance music. utter shit. was so far from fitting tonic and the crowd it was not even funny. they were better off not having any music at all.

saturdays i think are still as good as the last time they went. saturdays always draws a better crowd i think. may have to see if it is still good this saturday.

bmc official drink = scorpion bowl

I don't care how hung-over I am... I can always make a bloody mary. There are maybe 2 people on earth I trust to make one for me, so unless they're there, I do it myself.

The music couldn't have been any worse the time you went than last Friday. Cheesey, top 40 hip-hop. Gross. To make it worse, there were a bunch of toolbags awkwardly dancing to it on the over crowded NOT dance floor down there. This is how bad it was... during Nelly's joint, some kid was pulling up his shirt (to reveal another shirt underneath), everytime Nelly said "Take off all your clothes." Yeah, I'm talking bad.

official drink of BMC = someone else's scorpion bowl that you didn't pay for :D

Originally posted by kaydup

I wasn't in that scorpion bowl picture. How weak was that, "ummm hey can we use yours for a picture" :laugh:

Weak?? That was my favorite part of the BMC! The scorpion bowls at the Hong Kong are weak! They're watered down, over-priced, and in no way resemble a real scorpion bowl... so we were just that much smarter for not buying into that whole thing.

Wait, on second thought, the meat on a stick was my favorite part of the BMC.

damn, i forgot i was going away too...to celebrate my half-jewishness where, ironically, everyone gets trashed off bloody mary's....

lmao @ 'jumped the shark'...see what happens when you advertise too much?...no good i tell ya. my tonic scene has always been dinner and then a few cocktails, then leaving and laughing our asses of at the people waiting in some ridiculous line to get in.

Originally posted by djresident

damn, i forgot i was going away too...to celebrate my half-jewishness where, ironically, everyone gets trashed off bloody mary's....

lmao @ 'jumped the shark'...see what happens when you advertise too much?...no good i tell ya. my tonic scene has always been dinner and then a few cocktails, then leaving and laughing our asses of at the people waiting in some ridiculous line to get in.

:laugh: that is pretty damn ironic! Your fam takes bloody mary's over manicheviz (sp?) Sounds like my kind of family! :aright:

I'm always the one in the ridiculously long line, getting pissed off watching the warm, comfortable people eating and drinking inside. The line always moves fast though, I've never waited longer than 10 mins.

For $1, meat on a stick might be the best deal in Boston.

Originally posted by unclefester401

Hey Josh, you should look into the Numark TTX's. They have key lock. It's not like the key control on Pioneer CD decks where it keeps the key like it's a 0% pitch, but you can pitch a record up or down to where you want it, lock the key there, and then adjust the bpm's.

yeah, we have them at the Mix academy.

they only test that they havent beaten the techs thus far is the most important: THE TEST OF TIME.

no more ground wire, digital out, straight town arm.

no more modifying tables so they will lock.

digital pitch adj.

i am sold!

Ive had 1200's for 12 years... I will never get rid of em.

but i so want a pair of ttx's as well.

they also gave us their digital mixer... not too shabby great effects & filters.

they need to make it into a 3 line though