Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best mixers?

flavanugz

Originally posted by prplhz

That's it! You are no longer PVD's #1 co-fan, I'm crying here, I lost my co-fan....:laugh: I know you didn't over look him, you just needed to compose yourself after reading his name in Vic's post, your brain temporarily went blank, you are forgiven child....:laugh:

so can i be pvd #1 co-fan on the boston board along with u? huh, huh, huh, huh? even though i've missed pvd the last 20 or so times i've had the chance to see him. huh, huh, huh?

i swear, this time i will see him, this time i will be succesfull in seeing pvd. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vicman

so can i be pvd #1 co-fan on the boston board along with u? huh, huh, huh, huh? even though i've missed pvd the last 20 or so times i've had the chance to see him. huh, huh, huh?

i swear, this time i will see him, this time i will be succesfull in seeing pvd. :D

Yes, Vic you can be the designated PvD co-fan groupie, right now your still in the training phase, you must see him atleast one time in order to gain the status that Tini and I have. After that we will have a little graduation ceremony for you.

And yes, Vic you are right Skribbles does have some MAD skillzzzzzzzz just the way he can mix all of the most popular tunes of today, he plays to every music lover whether you like the tango or techno he's the DJ for you!

BTW I'm so glad you are finally giving in to PvD nation, soon you too will be converted:comit: :rock:

Yes, Vic you can be the designated PvD co-fan groupie, right now your still in the training phase, you must see him atleast one time in order to gain the status that Tini and I have. After that we will have a little graduation ceremony for you.

And yes, Vic you are right Skribbles does have some MAD skillzzzzzzzz just the way he can mix all of the most popular tunes of today, he plays to every music lover whether you like the tango or techno he's the DJ for you!

BTW I'm so glad you are finally giving in to PvD nation, soon you too will be converted:comit: :rock:

i've seen PvD 2 times, problem is i havent seen him since that time he was in DC in the Armory and the other time was at Twilo. i've just kept on missing him.

i'll watch and learn and take extensive notes from well seasoned PvD groupies. :D

graduation ceremony huh? it wouldnt be something like when someone joins a fraternity and you have to funnel 20 cases of beer or something, is it? :shaky:

Originally posted by vicman

i've seen PvD 2 times, problem is i havent seen him since that time he was in DC in the Armory and the other time was at Twilo. i've just kept on missing him.

i'll watch and learn and take extensive notes from well seasoned PvD groupies. :D

graduation ceremony huh? it wouldnt be something like when someone joins a fraternity and you have to funnel 20 cases of beer or something, is it? :shaky:

Oh yeah, I forgot you where at the Armory show, that was the first time I was supposed to meet you. I forgot... And what Twilo show where you at? I went to everyone from March 25, 2000 to the one right before it closed.

Your first quiz:

1. What's the reason that most guys go to PvD shows? (besides the music)

2. What do hot chicks love?

Your graduation will be sort of like fraternity pledging but much better;)

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I've seen PvD more times than Vic, does that mean I get to be in the groupie club too? I've heard good things about the graduation ceremony ;):3some:

haha, that grad ceremony is just one of the perks :3some::kiss2::love2:

Jess - I'll call you tonight! And yes, I was a little taken aback when Vic posted PvD in his list of best mixers. I also left several brain cells in Miami so I'm not on point :laugh:

Oh yeah, I forgot you where at the Armory show, that was the first time I was supposed to meet you. I forgot... And what Twilo show where you at? I went to everyone from March 25, 2000 to the one right before it closed.

Your first quiz:

1. What's the reason that most guys go to PvD shows? (besides the music)

2. What do hot chicks love?

Your graduation will be sort of like fraternity pledging but much better;)

I cant even remember. Everything is kinda fuzzy from that night. I'll have to call people up to confirm the date, it was truly that good...or bad however you see it :D

my replies:

1. lot's of hot chicks

2. epic trance

:D

cant wait for that graduation :D

so then the problem would be in programming, not in mixing. i would say that the more bpm's a track has, the simpler it is to mix. this is very obvious due to the fact that you have more beats to match in any given amount of time.

shit that burridge and tyler stadius spins is much harder to mix, even for the fact that matching those beats can be more of a problem because there are "less beats".

programming yes, but it's still much harder if you want to do a 5 minute trancey mix b/c of clashing melodies, but yes you could program and/or mix quickly and avoid that.

i agree, much easier to mix pounding tech at 138bpm, or i've found jungle/dnb really easy to beatmatch as long as it doesn't have some crazy broken beat.

Ede Armand is probably going to kick my ass for saying this, but I think UK Hard House is the easiest type of music to mix. Not only does it all sound very simmilar (if not the same), but it sounds like it was all made on the same piece of equipment. There aren't really a lot of complex sound elements, it's just a really fast kick drum, an off beat bass line, a siren, the big drum roll build up, and some pitched up sample of a short obscure phrase played over and over throughout the song. If you can match beats, you can mix UK Hard House. You could blend 2 UKHH records together and people probably wouldn't notice (other than the fact that you're playing UKHH to begin with:rolleyes: )

Originally posted by djresident

programming yes, but it's still much harder if you want to do a 5 minute trancey mix b/c of clashing melodies, but yes you could program and/or mix quickly and avoid that.

i agree, much easier to mix pounding tech at 138bpm, or i've found jungle/dnb really easy to beatmatch as long as it doesn't have some crazy broken beat.

ok so we agree.

vicman has clearly proved in a number of threads that he knows nuffin :P

fast dance music sucks anyways. i hate how everyone is like, dude he is playing some crazy techno. i heard adam beyer once and i wanted to shoot myself. it wasnt nearly gay enough for me.

cwm23.gif

i just want to say that sasha completely drunk and on a bad day is still a better mixer than just about every dj out there...including that fucker pvd

hard house is the easiet type to mix....you dont know if they are messing up or catching a beat :laugh:

Originally posted by flavanugz

ok so we agree.

vicman has clearly proved in a number of threads that he knows nuffin :P

fast dance music sucks anyways. i hate how everyone is like, dude he is playing some crazy techno. i heard adam beyer once and i wanted to shoot myself. it wasnt nearly gay enough for me.

thats it flavanugz, your #1 on my shit list replacing meathead. who ever says a bad thing about techno is going to feel me wrath! :gas:

grrrrrr

I just wrote this epic reply...when i clicked it, it went unavail...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: :mad:

in short.

i ranted about how trance records are spun, mostly, coast to coast... and should be.

they are based on melodies, vocals, buildups & break downs.

a trance dj, for MOST PART has a good 4-6 minutes to cue.

if you fuck that up? damn.

what comeing into play more w/ trance is better programming & harmonic mixing....

I personally try to keep my mixing in key (when im not doin a top 40 anything goes room)...

I am at the stage where i relly on a chart... and I have been for about 4 years or so.

my ear isnt quite to the point of figuring out a key by ear.

(see attatched)

keys make the game 10x harder, and its not applicable to all styles (while in theory it is, but not all tracks have so much emphasis on the melody)

actual beatmixing....after time can be like breathing.

like anything.

when you think about mixing last, and all the aspects of programming first, people can hear it.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by l155a

heh, i thought this post was going to be about actual 'mixers' like raine, vestax, pioneer etc.

i vote for gemini :D:laugh:

No no no, it's about MIXERS... like tonic water, cranberry juice, red bull, etc.

I vote for tomato juice... with which I will make the greatest wassabi bloody mary ever to grace the breakfast table.