Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Poll:who drives a stick??

Originally posted by robocock

I am thinking of buying a stickshift BMW. I am just worry about misshifting and shutting off the engine accidentally in emergency situations. how's driving a stick in manhattan??

eegghhhughhh i'll drive my stick right into your little ass, cockboy... ;)

its not too hard...the only problem comes in traffic. what i did was ride the clutch so i didnt have to keep taking it out of gear. you just hold it down and let it go. the with a bmw it should be easy to do.

just try to avoid traffic...thats the best thing to do.

if you are good at stick it shouldnt be hard. the worst that will happen is the car will stall out.

i drive stick, everytie im in a traffic jam i wonder why i got a stick but on the highway and in westchester where i live it is a lot more fun to drive manual & u really control the car much better. driving is a sport... ;)

i wouldnt worry about the car, people think if u shift wrong or stall youre gonna break the car, it takes alot more than a few stalls or bad shifts to break a car. i have put my car in 3rd when i meant to put it in 5th once or twice lol and nothing happens really, your engine will rev but its not the end of the world. then again, my cars a lease so what do i care??

oh and i have never heard to shutting the engine down from "misshifting"... i drove my old car that was stick before i even knew how to drive a stick lol. if it didnt happen to me, it wont happen to you either. especially if u have driven a stick before.

Originally posted by somebitch

i drive stick, everytie im in a traffic jam i wonder why i got a stick but on the highway and in westchester where i live it is a lot more fun to drive manual & u really control the car much better. driving is a sport... ;)

i wouldnt worry about the car, people think if u shift wrong or stall youre gonna break the car, it takes alot more than a few stalls or bad shifts to break a car. i have put my car in 3rd when i meant to put it in 5th once or twice lol and nothing happens really, your engine will rev but its not the end of the world. then again, my cars a lease so what do i care??

yo for real...

i been in the car with somebitch and she drives like a fuckin asshole :laugh:

Girl fuckin puts her shit in 5 fifth from red light to red light :laugh:

We won't we even begin to discuss her double parking routines hahah.

stick rocks. you can rev with a stick ;)

and you can downshift... and double clutch... and rev-match...

not so much fun day by day in manhattan, but get out on some open roads with no lights and you'll have a wide smile on your face.

besides... stick looks sexxxxxy

Mr2%20Aluminum%20interior%2EJPG

Originally posted by robocock

I am thinking of buying a stickshift BMW. I am just worry about misshifting and shutting off the engine accidentally in emergency situations. how's driving a stick in manhattan??

If you gotta ask that question, then you don't have enough experience driving manual..

..Do yourself a favor and get a beater to learn how to drive manual first, then buy the nice car...It'll save you money in the long run...

..you gotta crawl before you can walk...:rolleyes:...

Your stick doesn't look right. it looks like a silver Mushroom. what kinda car is that?

Originally posted by cintron

stick rocks. you can rev with a stick ;)

and you can downshift... and double clutch... and rev-match...

not so much fun day by day in manhattan, but get out on some open roads with no lights and you'll have a wide smile on your face.

besides... stick looks sexxxxxy

Mr2%20Aluminum%20interior%2EJPG

sticks are fun to drive. you get more control, and you get more miles to the gallon. the drawbacks is the car doesn't hold value so well, and its a pain in traffic jams. Also you can never really relax while driving in the city, you always need to downshift between lights and throw into neutral. If you live in the burbs and there aren't that many lights i would say go for it.:D

I love stick... Its the best thing u can do when buying a car. I learned how to drive on my friends 3.28 and it was the best learning experience ever. Now I got a G20 5spd. It's so much fun to drive stick compared to auto. The auto knob alone is worth getting stick for, cause i hate the way auto knobs look. It took me about 3 days to learn how to drive stick and about a month of driving to perfect it. It's so easy once u learn. As for traffic is concerned..If u are going to own a stick in the city it might be a little harsh. If ur just driving into the city here or there thats fine, but in the city u wont get out of 3rd gear probably. Also I think everyone will agree with me, that once u go stick, u'll never want to drive auto again. My friend had a 5 spd maxima and then bought a Lexus GS400. The GS4 is awesome, but he's always saying how he wants to drive stick.. Also BMW + Stick = the best experience ever. I think that car should only be sold in stick.

Guest brwneydtrouble

My first car was an auto Mazda MX6, before I was into cars at all. When I bought the S2000, I have never driven stick before. When we took the car for a test drive, I walked around to the passenger door of the car. The salesguy looked at me funny and asked what I was doing. I said, "I dont' know how to drive stick, you drive." :D He was dumbfounded and asked why I was going to buy a car that I couldn't drive. I said, "I'll learn." (The S2000 only comes in a manual 6 speed trans.)

When I came back the next day to pick up the car, he tought me how to drive in 45 minutes, and within the month, I was racing twice a week at the local drag strip, Moroso Motorsports Park.

Now I am hooked, I could never get an automatic sports car, or even a mid size sedan for that matter. If you are a real car enthusiast and want to have total control of your car, then go for the stick. If you are just a cruiser, go outo.

By the way Cintron, I dun like your shifter. Its too big, but then again, I have really small hands.

That is one REALLY clean interior though. Very nice.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by nychunk

At the rate i'm going, i'll live up to the name soon. I havent been to the gym in ages

OMG!!! You bear such a striking resembelance to DJ Tiesto, has anyone ever told you that???

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

By the way Cintron, I dun like your shifter. Its too big, but then again, I have really small hands.

That is one REALLY clean interior though. Very nice.

lol both you and robocock.

that's not my car though. My shifter is a black 40mm ball, just like the shift knobs in ferraris [except for the color].

It's just as low as that though. The center console is low-chest height when you're seated, so shifting is just about flicking your fingertips.

robocock - remember, you can always buy other knobs :)

i didn't like the stock "pistol grip" knob. Long throw, ugly look, really weird feel.

017interiorleftedit%2Ejpg