Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HEY everyone

i really want to go but i need info. i looked at the webpage and they don't even have a lineup yet ..does anyone know the lineup ...also i was going to drive down with some freinds but i need info on that too ...does anyone know how long it takes and does anyone know motels a place to crash thats near by there to go too....well let me know if anyone knows thanks.

is anyone else goin on th board??

j =)

Your looking at about 1 days worth of driving to get down there.

As for motels, your best, safest and cheapest bet is to stay in one of the many motels on Huron Church street in Windsor on the Canadian side. Or you could stay in a hotel in downtown Windsor. DEMF occurs right across the border so its easy to get to.

DEMF!!! I really want to go to this~I was suppose to be in Detroit last year but I had to be somewhere else. I wish it wasn't during memorial day weekend.

cutie6190, expect a lot of techno--that's a given, it's Detroit--and 'D' legendaries.

dont wait for the lineup. it will happen. and it will be sick. 3 days of techno + house.. (mostly techno tho hehehe).. lineup shouldnt matter. you cant get that anywhere else in this country all year round. wmc doesnt even come close.

Originally posted by lasix

dont wait for the lineup. it will happen. and it will be sick. 3 days of techno + house.. (mostly techno tho hehehe).. lineup shouldnt matter. you cant get that anywhere else in this country all year round. wmc doesnt even come close

agree with you 100%. The lineup will no doubt be awesome. It's getting there that takes some deep thought.:D

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

I'd wait for the line up to be posted before you make any reservations. . . considering all the drama this year.

did they bring back Carl..I heard they were....

and it all just comes down to $$ and BS like that

BTW driving is about 12 hours...bring lots of tunes, and pack fun friends...it can really be an amazing ride with the right crew :D

Originally posted by shaolinstyle

Who asked for your opinion dork :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

don't make fun your own kind shorty. holla :tongue:

It's crazzzzy how much I want to go to the DEMF..mostly because I should have been there last year. Now this year my whole family is taking a trip during memorial day weekend and I'm suppose to go. But I'm not because I have work. But if I am able to take off work I'd want to head for Detroit--everyone would be so pissed but I think I'm going to do that hehe. :blank:

This is the wrong sit. This is for World Electronic Music Festvail, which is in Canada. The one you are looking for is the Detroit Electronic Muisc Festvail/ I dont know if their is a web site, there probably is but I am too lazy to look and post it.

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

For those interested:

WEMF WEBSITE

Originally posted by housedog

This is the wrong sit. This is for World Electronic Music Festvail, which is in Canada. The one you are looking for is the Detroit Electronic Muisc Festvail/ I dont know if their is a web site, there probably is but I am too lazy to look and post it.

www.movementfestival.com

the event formerly know as the DEMF©®

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

agree with you 100%. The lineup will no doubt be awesome. It's getting there that takes some deep thought.:D

the drive isn't too bad if you split with two or more people you can do it in one day. your other options are flying and bus. taking the bus really blows cuz it takes FOREVER. flying is a lot more expensive but quick....expect to pay $250 tops for roundtrip, maybe a little less.

the best solution is finding people who are driving and get a ride with them...4 people in a car sharing gas & tolls it'll come out real cheap. even if you rent a car with 4 ppl, each would pay like $125 or so which is half of plane cost...but if say its only you and someone else, then its not worth it since you'd each be paying $250...same as plane.

if i go i'm pretty sure i'll take a plane....i'd rather drive and save money but i don't know anyone who's driving and me personally....there's no way i'm driving my car to the car jacking capital of the world :laugh:

seriously....if you drive anything even reasonably nice, i do not recommend you go parading that shit through detroit. :tongue:

my freinds and i were going to drive and take down my freinds car its fairly new but if its that bad down there i dont know now lol . i don't think she would want to chance that. hmmm i don't know

and for dance deep i would def. be taking off work and going down there lol even though the family will be mad but hey its for you and your expernice and shit. i like your sig too.

laterz

j

Originally posted by cutie6190

my freinds and i were going to drive and take down my freinds car its fairly new but if its that bad down there i dont know now lol . i don't think she would want to chance that. hmmm i don't know

and for dance deep i would def. be taking off work and going down there lol even though the family will be mad but hey its for you and your expernice and shit. i like your sig too.

laterz

j

evidently you've never been to downtown detroit....how can put it...hmm...it's ghetto, but not quite rap video ghetto....its like those neighborhoods in queens/bklyn where its sort of desolate and lots of abandoned buildings....basically as long as you dont attract attention to yourself, you're ok....but if you do, there ain't gonna be anyone around to help you. detroit is not a nice "safe" place by any means....not too long ago it was rated #1 crime capital of the U.S......although i dont think it still is.