Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sexy @ The Roxy?

well since fridays nights in the city has been dead. i think sexy at the roxy would be a phat ass party right now. i was a promoter for that party for a while. and the first couple months was sick. that was really a great party i think. but now with all these raids and city shut downs, exit and factory really haven't had good energy on friday nights. i like to hit a lounge first then at like 2 i hit up an after hours club. and man i wish sexy at the roxy was still going. i would be hittin it up every week. esp for Johnny V. he layed it down nice and hard at exit last week. but the crowd just wasn't the same. i hope something good happens soon cause lately i have been a bum on fridays and just stayed local. i need to get out and party hard and dance. someone please tell me something is comming soon.

J Z

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ppl who go to hip hop parties tend to drink, while ppl who go to trance/prog parties tend to do other things.

makes sense for the roxy to be a hip hop venue, except on nights where they can get a crapload in the door for a superstar DJ.

not that i like it, but it makes business sense.

Originally posted by djinnom

ppl who go to hip hop parties tend to drink, while ppl who go to trance/prog parties tend to do other things.

Honestly, I think Sexy was one of the few parties where it was strictly a drinking crowd--More so than Exit. After 4, that place pretty much cleared out.

I, too, wish that it was back. Hopefully, someone reading this will decide to resurrect the Roxy party.

Originally posted by avalondon3

Honestly, I think Sexy was one of the few parties where it was strictly a drinking crowd--More so than Exit. After 4, that place pretty much cleared out

Not strictly drinking, but mostly. But the thing that sucked about that party, and I mean every Friday night that there was not an International there, is that the place does clear out at like 4. Thats when most places are starting to pick up. And thats fine, a decent way to start the night out. But they charge $25 like every other club, and that is not worth it. Plus, I was there twice this summer when they only had half teh club open, it was so empty.

Also, their regular line ups were pretty bad, with the exception of Vicious like once every two months.

Originally posted by zeeker

Not strictly drinking, but mostly. But the thing that sucked about that party, and I mean every Friday night that there was not an International there, is that the place does clear out at like 4. Thats when most places are starting to pick up. And thats fine, a decent way to start the night out. But they charge $25 like every other club, and that is not worth it. Plus, I was there twice this summer when they only had half teh club open, it was so empty.

Also, their regular line ups were pretty bad, with the exception of Vicious like once every two months.

Gunna have to agree with ya mostly Zeek...On most of the nights it did start to clear out really early and never really had a big name in there consistantly...If they had a residency with Vicious consistently it would be amazing in that place, I know I would go every friday...I def. misss that place alot to and never heard alot of complaints or drama about it like every other NYC club...it was like under rated in a way...I wish they would open it back up, put Vicious in there consistently, and try to have the crowd stay in there past 4...Bring it outta retirement like Jordan :cool:

yeah it might have struggled at the end, but i miss Roxy's glory days...

Vicious every week, packed house....and maybe cuz im older Im saying this but

I have no problem partying from 1130pm-4am and then goin home and gettin some sleep. I think thats why i didnt really mind so much when the crowd would clear at that time.

The only 2 made events there were Tiesto in October and PVD Nov 1st...everything else was Roxy's doin, Sasha, Cox on Halloween, Ferry and AVB. Mad Myles night there was REEEEEEEEEEEEDIC...i still have that flyer up...

and i can NEVER forget the DJ Competition night...:)

Either way-- i would take a half closed off, drinkin crowd leaving at 4am with vicious on the wheels @ roxy than deal with what i deal with on fridays now. And you can take that to the bank.

:(:(:(

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by Ronin

correct me if i am wrong, but vicious was the resident for months and then people complained that he sucked, then he was monthly... no1 wins

Vicious was not at Roxy monthly, after the re-opening. More like every month and half or two months. And one of the times I went, he couldn't draw a big enough crowd to even keep HALF the place packed. Oh, and the crowd that did show up, all left at 4.

Vicious was not at Roxy monthly, after the re-opening. More like every month and half or two months. And one of the times I went, he couldn't draw a big enough crowd to even keep HALF the place packed. Oh, and the crowd that did show up, all left at 4.

Mr. Literal over here... had to take the correct me if im wrong statement to it's fullest just to add more bullshit to the mix. it's established its mainly a drinking crowd there... they don't stay late.

Originally posted by Ronin

Mr. Literal over here... had to take the correct me if im wrong statement to it's fullest just to add more bullshit to the mix. it's established its mainly a drinking crowd there... they don't stay late.

Mr. Literal? I Don't quite get that one...:confused:

My point is, he was never really the 'monthly' resident, and when he did show up, he couldn't draw a big enough crowd that he would have (and does) in other clubs. This is why that party is not around today. I'm not adding bullshit, unless you define 'bullshit' as disagreeing with Ronin. :rolleyes:

Mr. Literal? I Don't quite get that one...:confused:

My point is, he was never really the 'monthly' resident, and when he did show up, he couldn't draw a big enough crowd that he would have (and does) in other clubs. This is why that party is not around today. I'm not adding bullshit, unless you define 'bullshit' as disagreeing with Ronin. :rolleyes:

ummm then maybe u were somewhere else when we were goin to roxy and vicious was DESTROYING shit week after week....

After it reopened with the phazon he moved to a monthly residency due to other committments he had made---so what if he missed a month or 2....when he did show up he killed it...

Originally posted by djmikebugout

ummm then maybe u were somewhere else when we were goin to roxy and vicious was DESTROYING shit week after week....

After it reopened with the phazon he moved to a monthly residency due to other committments he had made---so what if he missed a month or 2....when he did show up he killed it...

yea he was destroying the crowds ears with his cheese

Originally posted by djmikebugout

i don't get why you just quoted me with this response. I'm not saying he didn't kill it. I was there three times this past summer, and he was nuts all three times. I wrote reviews on those nights, I'm sure, and they will attest to that. I'm just saying what i said above. That regardless, he was playing to an empty house most of the time. Whats the point. It's a waste.

i don't get why you just quoted me with this response. I'm not saying he didn't kill it. I was there three times this past summer, and he was nuts all three times. I wrote reviews on those nights, I'm sure, and they will attest to that. I'm just saying what i said above. That regardless, he was playing to an empty house most of the time. Whats the point. It's a waste.

they quoted you cause they wanna start drama with you