Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Space Review

rcrespo

Well well we have reached the end of one era and the beginning of another. Before however we would party like it was 1939 all over again .. Get there at like 4.30am and Oscar is already on the decks rippin shit up .. I get in and hear Pete Heller's Big Love and from that point on I knew it was gonna be a special night. Oscar dropped bomb after bomb in that room. He was workin the mixer and that efx processor like no tommorow. Definitely a nice way to leave the place. I can't however wait for 34 .. that place is so special. That terrace is the shit.

For all you trainspotter types this is what I heard throughout the night and day.

Oscar G

Pete Heller - Big Love

Afro Medusa - Pasilda

Revolution Acapella

Thick Dick - Welcome to the Jungle

IIo - Rapture (Creamer/K mix)

Xpress 2 - Muzikizum

Xpress 2 - Smoke Machine (Koma and Bones)

Green Velvet - Flash

Delirium - Silence (Fade Mix)

Oscar G and Ralph Falcon - Dark Beat

Sean Rudnick

Lee Cabrera - Shake It

Roland

Filter - Take My Picture (Peter Rauhoffer Mix)

Speaker People - State of Mind

Kylie Minogue - At First Sight (?)

Schatrax - MIspent Years (SIlicone Soul Darkroom Dub)

Celeda - Music is the Answer

As you can see it was a night of classic tunage and proper shake your ass music. I had a blast as usual and saw many CP'ers representing.

I would like to especially thank Oscar/Roland/Biz/Diego (Keep it man you got a really good thing going).

CP'ers in attendance .. Tony, Sobeton , Meli , Steffy, Abby , Koky , Danny Digital , Jimmy T , Biz , Wendel , Beatfriek , Lailux and I'm sorry to anyone I may have forgotten.

It's been a blast and I'm sure I'll see you all at 34.

We continue.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg !!! i fuckin danced my ass off !! havent danced so much since uhhhhhhhhhhh i dont remember :D but the beats were in the house last night/morning.. roly & oscar tore the roof off the place !! both were seriously outta hand !! great to see all you crazy motha fuckers once again.. 1st off to my partner in crime melli(jesse u were missed) , beatfriek , sgt.fury, trouble, saleen . the hog , mr.miami & wife , rcrespo, sobeton, jimmy t , biz, digital , abby , steffy & tina ... anyone i forgot im sorry .. im still a little dazed & confused:D

mucho love to all from your friendly neighborhood KOKY ;) ;)

WTF OMFG:eek: :eek:

Well they told Saleen that classics night would never work. Why did Space not do this already? The place was packed all night long.

Got there at 1 and Roly was tearing shit up big time.:D

OG..........what can I say :D :D :D

I mean bomb after bomb I danced so long I felt like I ran a marathon. Every time I looked up OG was working the knobs like a mad man. This set really blew me away.

Really great to see so many CPers in da house.

Matas all I have to say to you is:no: :no:

Over all It was one of the if not the best night I every had at Space. It was a perfect ending IMO.

Originally posted by rcrespo

Well well we have reached the end of one era and the beginning of another. Before however we would party like it was 1939 all over again .. Get there at like 4.30am and Oscar is already on the decks rippin shit up .. I get in and hear Pete Heller's Big Love and from that point on I knew it was gonna be a special night. Oscar dropped bomb after bomb in that room. He was workin the mixer and that efx processor like no tommorow. Definitely a nice way to leave the place. I can't however wait for 34 .. that place is so special. That terrace is the shit.

For all you trainspotter types this is what I heard throughout the night and day.

Oscar G

Pete Heller - Big Love

Afro Medusa - Pasilda

Revolution Acapella

Thick Dick - Welcome to the Jungle

IIo - Rapture (Creamer/K mix)

Xpress 2 - Muzikizum

Xpress 2 - Smoke Machine (Koma and Bones)

Green Velvet - Flash

Delirium - Silence (Fade Mix)

Oscar G and Ralph Falcon - Dark Beat

Sean Rudnick

Lee Cabrera - Shake It

Roland

Filter - Take My Picture (Peter Rauhoffer Mix)

Speaker People - State of Mind

Kylie Minogue - At First Sight (?)

Schatrax - MIspent Years (SIlicone Soul Darkroom Dub)

Celeda - Music is the Answer

As you can see it was a night of classic tunage and proper shake your ass music. I had a blast as usual and saw many CP'ers representing.

I would like to especially thank Oscar/Roland/Biz/Diego (Keep it man you got a really good thing going).

CP'ers in attendance .. Tony, Sobeton , Meli , Steffy, Abby , Koky , Danny Digital , Jimmy T , Biz , Wendel , Beatfriek , Laliux and I'm sorry to anyone I may have forgotten.

It's been a blast and I'm sure I'll see you all at 34.

We continue.

damn right! only was there for a couple of hours but all I listened were classics, especially OG dropping bomb after bomb in the main room. Roly was on point as always too.

see you all @ Space 34. :D

Guest saleen351

They laughed when i said classics night would be the best. They said it won't work. They said Miami is not into classics....

They were all wrong...

Last night few showed up just for classics, many were there for the closing party, but they all left knowing it was the classics not the closing of space that turned it out last night..

OG blewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from 3am till 8am, I didn't leave the main room dance floor..

The energy in that place was out of control. It was simple the best space night period.... Many classics were dropped but none better then Robbie Tronco's The Train, mixed into Dirty Bitch... Og didn't mess with the train, just played it, and it went off!!!!!!!

The lights last night were really good. I was impressed. Very Nycish... Dark with massive amounts of strobes.

Couple bombs off the top my head

Insomnia 2am

Dark Beat 4am

The train

dirty bitch 6am

Lets get ill 145am

Delirium Silence 8am

Old school NYC shit, gotta dig up the track ids.

Green Velvet was insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Dropped smoke machine at 5am

mixing was tightttttttttttttttttt. Only one fuck up, which i think it was a skipping cd....

Though I wish og would have tossed on fired up over dark beat...

Nothing will touch that music.. It was packed!!!!! Great crowd, but a very very very very drugged up crowd....

But classics night will never work according to the club experts here in florida:laugh:

Guest saleen351

I also forgot,

I didn't catch one sec of rolands set. I wasn't leaving the main room. Og was going off. So at 7am I go outside, to see if roland is still on, and I couldnt see, but the track psychedelic waltons was on, then the music got really really bad.. I look up and guess whos on the decks? Cheeslini.. He was horrible. It was a disaster... at 715am he mixed out of PW and it was ova.. I went back in, and caught the last hour of ogs masterful set..

Pure embarassment for club space.... How can roland not get his once a month gig? Makes no sense...

Last night was amazing and to those that showed up late, you missed one hell of a show early in the night in the main room. Around 1 oscar and roland were playing together in the main room and it's not often I will be going crazy over one song and thinking to myself no way they can top this off and then get blown away by the next. Highlight of that night was when they played insomnia and then music sounds better with you right after it and then another classic which I can't remember the name of. Oh and heard the p diddy song about 3 times there. Place was just amazing last night, we need classic night at least once every quarter, that way we don't get tired of those songs all over again. Last night prooved though classic music nights are the bomb. Oh and biz thanks for the hookup at the door again, you always come through.

Originally posted by saleen351

They laughed when i said classics night would be the best. They said it won't work. They said Miami is not into classics....

They were all wrong...

Last night few showed up just for classics, many were there for the closing party, but they all left knowing it was the classics not the closing of space that turned it out last night..

OG blewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from 3am till 8am, I didn't leave the main room dance floor..

The energy in that place was out of control. It was simple the best space night period.... Many classics were dropped but none better then Robbie Tronco's The Train, mixed into Dirty Bitch... Og didn't mess with the train, just played it, and it went off!!!!!!!

But classics night will never work according to the club experts here in florida:laugh:

gotta give it to ya beotch!. I believe Classic nights would work in a quarterly format (once every 3 months) and I would definitely be there. Truth is people like to dance to the "favorites" cuz it reminds them of great times had before.

Roland dropped Coldplay's "Clocks" again; it was fucking good. :D

Got there just before midnight and left at around 530am ( 6 hours of bliss ) .......... Really was having a blast and it wasnt as packed like a sardine can , just perfect to dance and be comfortable..... the atmosphere from 1am-3am or so was really awesome (reminded me of picotto 11/27 ) ............then time flew by , and next thing i know my GF is saying that she's tired and hence I have to leave at around 530am .

PS..........Biz, I even tried to find you and meet you but i couldn't find you , maybe next time .............. Once more, Thanx man . :coo

"believe in fate"

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by laliux

gotta give it to ya beotch!. I believe Classic nights would work in a quarterly format (once every 3 months) and I would definitely be there. Truth is people like to dance to the "favorites" cuz it reminds them of great times had before.

Roland dropped Coldplay's "Clocks" again; it was fucking good. :D

the saleen is all knowing....:D

ps just so yous know, Spacious and space jacked what Tsettos and tempts do, they have the crowd choose the tracks on the msg boards...

Thing about classics night is, some clubs over do it, since it makes them tons of money.. You gotta choose it right, only a couple times a year... In nj they only do it once a summer...

I"m thinking DT mem day weekend classics space party:eek:

and to that person who passed by me last night in the hall way last night, your statement was wrong, I don't take credit for too much, I clearly said if you have classics night, you will have the best night of the year... Any dj set nowadays is defined by those few and far between older tracks, that the crowd goes nuts for...

Also like to pt out, og switched to trance when LP got in the booth... WTF was up with that? but it was good trance, right koky and tone:tongue:

Og did fuck up, he didn't end his set properly.. Silence was not a good choice.. Should have been kiss!!!!! airscape remix...

I was so close to going over to spacious and telling him "I told ya so"... didn't want to get kicked out though..

I STILL THINK THAT EDGAR SHOULD HAVE FUCKING PLAYED.

HE WAS A PART OF MAKING THAT PLACE. HE WAS THE VERY 1ST DJ FOR CHRISTSAKE. HE PUT HIS HEART AND SOUL INTO SPACE. AND WAS DISMISSED FOR THE STUPIDEST FUCKING REASON. LUIS SUCKS! DOESN'T HE READS THIS BOARD? CAN HE NOT SEE WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT AND ASK FOR? EDGAR V GODDAMMIT. I KNOW LAST NITE MUST HAVE BEEN ALOT OF FUN BUT THAT WAS A SHADY MOVE. EDGAR IS A BIG PART WHY SPACE IS WHAT IT IS. BUT IT IS LUIS' CLUB AND HE CAN FUCK PEOPLE OVER IF HE WANTS TO.

Last night was awsome!!!! that was prob my fav night.

Even tho Edgar didn't play, OG rippped the 1's and 2's

to lil bits and pieces. had a good time hanging with

all the cp heads. Biz-it was a pleasure to finally meet you!!

thanks so much for the hook up!!

the classic's is what set if off, great mixing, just a great vibe,

with enough room to dance my ass off!! haven't danced that much in a long time!! Koky- see your ass on the dance floor next time bro!!

cant wait to kick it at the new space!!

till then, have a great day!!

Had a wonderful time, do love the classics, but I will say I was there on princible. Not to discredit the resident DJs, I think to go all out space style they should have brought something huge to the table even though they were charging regular price. Oh wait thats not space stlye. Any way you know what I mean. To say the least it could have been garth brooks I was just glad to be a part of the end of such a great thing. Look out 34 here we come!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW ! what a night. got to Space kind of late. when I got there Oscar was going crazy, and so was the crowd. chilled in the booth with OG for a bit. while I was up there he dropped my track Xpress 2 – " Muzikizum",I was in heaven. listening to the track and looking out on to the dance floor, where peeps where going crazy;it was simply priceless. I wanted to go to the patio, to listen to Roly’s set, but Oscar was dropping bomb after bomb. With every track he dropped; it brought back memories. it was great! the vibe was insane, I was really surprised people, where really getting into the classics. the Miami crowd never ceases to amaze me sometimes.:D damn even Bellini was dropping bombs out on the patio. :eek::D

I left at around 12noon kind of sad, but also filled with a ton of memories.

big ups to the CP crew Reprezentin as usual! you folk’s rock ! :)

A huge thank you to Oscar, Roly, Ivanno, David, Edgar, LP, Biz, Esther, and everyone in the space family, for the great memories. I have fond memories, and look forward to rocking it at Space 34.

Note to Edgar: I don’t what happen, but you where missed my friend. ;)

Snag the last parkin' meter on the street & stroll in around 1:30. Roly had the place goin' nuts. Droppin' classics like josh Wink's "I am ready", Faithless "Insonmia", & Sandy B's "Make the world go round" (deep dish mix)- just too many more to name. Yeah, I was the bouncin' jackrabbit with the "California" shirt in the booth if you noticed. just couldn't get enuff...

Anyway, around 3am Roly & Oscar tagged up for a bit and a half hour later Roly surrendered the decks to Oscar as he compressed all 3 years of Magical Saturday nights into one incredible set. God he dropped some great OG classics as some of you mentioned, but "Dirty bitch" will always stick as a memory like white on rice. Way to go OG!! Spent some time walkin' back & forth from the mainroom to the Terrace where Mr. Rudnick fed me mo' classic tunes like Alcatraz "Gimme luv" & Nu-yorican soul "Run away".

Finally, I got comfy on the Terrace later in the night to listen to Roly's masterful ride as he closed out the last half hour of his set with some silky-smooth, sick, groovy Prog @ 7am. Can't give away any secret tracks, but i will tell you I was standin' with the Speaker People in a happy "State of mind" ;).

Anyway, Ivano came on & showed us why the Sunday morn' locals love him soo much. Some ol' skool Ivano patio tunes like "equitorial" started the mornin' off the way the Sunrise likes it. Not a single ounce of room left on that Terrace & just pure good fun & madness. Walked in to grab a breath of fresh AC & tune into the last of Oscar's set as I did my last bit of bouncin' to "Utah Saints", "Silence" & then some. The Red Room felt like it hasn't in sometime. Some ol' friends & lots of ol' familiar faces crowded the vip tables & bounced on the couches as I kicked back & soaked up the last of my night's experience. Sometime thereafter, David Padilla came on & picked up where OG left off, but by then my bod was beggin' for some grub & some sleep, so I gave in & said goodbye around 9am.

As always, it was a pleasure to see many old friends & meet many new peepz. The closing party closed out for me in good fashion. I was off with a smile & at one point throughout the long ride home I actually thought about goin' back, but it was time for some lovin' & some zzz... Good bye Space!!

Biz

Originally posted by sobeton

WOW ! .:D damn even Bellini was dropping bombs out on the patio. :eek::D

i agree... he was playing in his oldskool stance that drives the dancefloor into a frenzy!!!!

it was a nice party to close off that place!!!!

Awesome hanging with the cp mafia, and a pleasure meeting some new ones!!!!!

see ya next week

ps too bad nobody came with me to union lounge!!!!!:(

oh what .. Oscar was going off in the main room. He was on fire.. Got into Space just as he was dropping Pete Heller's Big Love. I almost shed a tear as it's one of my all time fave's. Roland was dropping bombs after bombs in the patio closing out the club in true style. Played his track State of Mind off of Sound Ritual. It was the perfect closing track. :) Two thumbs up on the night... I wish you guys the best of luck in the new venue, the patio is out of hand

Originally posted by mrmiami

Last night was awsome!!!! haven't danced that much in a long time!! Koky- see your ass on the dance floor next time bro!!

you better believe it bro !! we fuckin ripped it up !! we had the people around us looking at us like whut the fuck are these 2 on ?:laugh: i definately had one of the best times ever at the old space.. i think miami is trully loosing something special :( :( im trully gonna miss this place .. hopefully the vibe stays the same or gets better in the new space 34.. see your assss on the dance floor homeboy..& hopefully very soon.. & i hate to admit it but saleen, you were right with classics night.. everyone loved it !! keep the ideas coming :D (i cant believe i just agreed with saleen about sumthing) :confused: