Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think about Christopher Lawrence?

Christopher Lawrence tore shit up at the Playstation Pool Party in Miami. That was the only time I have ever seen him but it definitely made me want to see him again.

He plays the kind of progressive trance that you don't really hear from anyone else that I know of. Its really good shit.

if you haven't heard him, he has a very techno/trance feel to him that is similar to stuff you might hear at a rave.

His sound is very unique though in that it is just a constant flow of music that is mixed EXTREMELY smoothly. There are few buildups in his sets. he basically just bombards you with riffs.

He has a very west coast type of sound. It's more riff oriented than strong beat, although in a very good way.

Originally posted by djinnom

if you haven't heard him, he has a very techno/trance feel to him that is similar to stuff you might hear at a rave.

His sound is very unique though in that it is just a constant flow of music that is mixed EXTREMELY smoothly. There are few buildups in his sets. he basically just bombards you with riffs.

He has a very west coast type of sound. It's more riff oriented than strong beat, although in a very good way.

Perfect desription. Very smooth sounding trance, not over the top or hard. I love him, can't wait for him to settle on his upcomming NY date.

Good description - but i dont know about that rave part?

To me he has a very un-rave sound, generally speaking the ravers in this area go for a harder sound

He's a wicked DJ, and ill see him (for the 3rd time!)if he comes back around

Originally posted by zeeker

Perfect desription. Very smooth sounding trance, not over the top or hard. I love him, can't wait for him to settle on his upcomming NY date.

you are right. i was referring to San Francisco raves rather than NYC raves. NY will and will probably always be, about beats.

i've actually seen him twice in NYC. Both last year and both times, at Exit. Problem was that he didn't draw a very big crowd. I thought he came out very strong in both nights but I think the NYC crowd is always looking for dark, hard beats, at least at Exit. I'd like to see him at Arc or the Roxy though. I think the crowds there would be better for him.

i've actually seen him twice in NYC. Both last year and both times, at Exit. Problem was that he didn't draw a very big crowd. I thought he came out very strong in both nights but I think the NYC crowd is always looking for dark, hard beats, at least at Exit. I'd like to see him at Arc or the Roxy though. I think the crowds there would be better for him.

He actually does spin a more darker sounding trance. I saw him at Summer Madness at Exit, and he dropped a lot of the tracks of his new Cd at the time, Around The World. Very very dark sounding. He was actually slotted to spin at SF on April 4th, but he got bumped because they got Scot Project (or not) and Marco V instead. I emailed his site, and they said he was gonna be rescheduled soon. I can't wait.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

Chris is one of the most underrated DJ's out there...he rocked @ summer madness last yr...

True. He just has a more subtle sound I think, and it's not as quickly noticed and appreciated. The first time I listened to Around the World, I didn't like it. I thought the songs were boring until I heard them at Exit that night.