Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would do you prefer International djs or locals

Ive always been curious to see eerybodys response although i dont know any of ya. Basically the question is about if a regualr local djs plays amazin and has a residency. Wouldnt you be happy. Or will it always be important to hear international djs?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great topic...Im also very interested in this--

im kinda on the side of the domestic guys...I think we (meaning people from the US) dont show enough love for our own guys and thats one reason why they are not held up there with the Tiesto's and the PVDs...

Yes i know, DT is held up there worldwide with them and we are lucky enuff to have him every friday-- but look at the top 5...not one guy from here (tiesto, digweed, sasha, pvd, avb)

good topic tho

Originally posted by djmikebugout

great topic...Im also very interested in this--

im kinda on the side of the domestic guys...I think we (meaning people from the US) dont show enough love for our own guys and thats one reason why they are not held up there with the Tiesto's and the PVDs...

Yes i know, DT is held up there worldwide with them and we are lucky enuff to have him every friday-- but look at the top 5...not one guy from here (tiesto, digweed, sasha, pvd, avb)

good topic tho

That DJ list is nonsense. Tiesto certainately doesn't belong there.

Those DJ lists are soo subjective. What criteria can one use to judge a Dj? number of sets spun? number of trainwrecks avoided? Even something like attendence is suspect. IMO, there is no clear way to define the top 100, or whatever DJs. My top 5 may be totally different than your top 5.

Ive heard and tiesto live b4 and never like it. Even his production are good until maybe a fw min in then it sounds the same and im sick of trance and have been since 2000. PVD never heard him live but his dvd and 2 cds i heard of him were sorry to say YUK. But i always say maye casue im not a tracne fan im a HOUSEHEAD.

Danny is the man in nyc and doest need to always travel. And im sure theres so many other good djs with residency in nyc. But i havent had the chance to check them all out. Ive alread found a great dj in my opinion on sat nights so im stuck goin there cause i cant get enough. ANd danny occasionally on fridays.

Originally posted by avalondon3

Those DJ lists are soo subjective. What criteria can one use to judge a Dj? number of sets spun? number of trainwrecks avoided? Even something like attendence is suspect. IMO, there is no clear way to define the top 100, or whatever DJs. My top 5 may be totally different than your top 5.

i agree with that, but tiesto is by far the most overrated dj worldwide ive said it since the 1st night i heard him at limelight yrs ago, nothing but a bomb dropper. hes an avg mixer at best, who mixes outro to intro of every track and waves to the crowd. production wise though i have to give it to him most i like

Exactly what I was gonna say. When people say, "I can't wait to hear Tiesto spin tonight, he's the number 1 DJ in the world!"

ummm, according to who??? Not me. All those guys named are all trance djs. I may be partial to the genre, but to say that Tiesto is the best DJ in the world is kind of rediculous. I know you (Bugout) just posted the top 5 according to Mixer magazine (I could be wrong) but I would never ever hold their 'rankings' as the way things are. Just one organization's opinion.

Originally posted by wakeup

i agree with that, but tiesto is by far the most overrated dj worldwide ive said it since the 1st night i heard him at limelight yrs ago, nothing but a bomb dropper. hes an avg mixer at best, who mixes outro to intro of every track and waves to the crowd. production wise though i have to give it to him most i like

his older productions are excellent, but he fell off...back in the day he could have been near the Top 10, but no where near # 1 now, i guess people love his goofy fan interaction

Originally posted by smokesum

his older productions are excellent, but he fell off...back in the day he could have been near the Top 10, but no where near # 1 now, i guess people love his goofy fan interaction

yea tru

Originally posted by wakeup

I think Tiesto is more about marketing than anything. Im sure he has a strong promotional team behind him. He is like the britney spears of trance music. One goes to see him-not so much for the music-but more for the experience.

I think alot of people like producctions tiesto makes so when they go see him is like WOW heres this guy who made that awsome song wow hes live and smiling to us and hesfamous. BIG DEAL. Ive always been against international djs lists.Why not worry about nyc then the world over. There was this other dj i heard b4in soundfactory in 2001 who mixes intros with outros BOOOOO. Cant remember his name. And anybody could play hits after hits after hits but mix it in hot and thenyou got a show.

I think Tiesto is more about marketing than anything. Im sure he has a strong promotional team behind him. He is like the britney spears of trance music. One goes to see him-not so much for the music-but more for the experience.

yea nice experience..what a goofball

Tiesto.jpg

Originally posted by silverbull

I think alot of people like producctions tiesto makes so when they go see him is like WOW heres this guy who made that awsome song wow hes live and smiling to us and hesfamous. BIG DEAL. Ive always been against international djs lists.Why not worry about nyc then the world over. There was this other dj i heard b4in soundfactory in 2001 who mixes intros with outros BOOOOO. Cant remember his name. And anybody could play hits after hits after hits but mix it in hot and thenyou got a show.

Again, his productions and remixes are nasty, and hearing him drop them live is a lot of the experience. I agree with that.