Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT'S THE BEST AREA...

amorettony

Originally posted by pod:

ooo someone's hostile.

Betcha never been to the design district before, huh? Probably think it's just that wedge of warehouses between Space and Hialeah...

ohh, that was funny...seriously. i am in a b****y mood today. pod, i'm not always this hostile, really. i'm gettin' a lil cranky cause i have to come back from jersey over the weekend and resume classes. and i DO know where the design destrict is, my friend has a phat lil pad over there.

Man, I'd reccommend for a village-like atmosphere á la Miami style, look no farther than the Grove. Yes, Coconut Grove has some nice condos, if u like the oceanfront tower apartments (and u can afford them), there are also some nice houses around; and as far as shopping and dining, Coco Walk is as hip as u can get... great restaurants, and great shops... There will always be somn going on at night during the week and defenetely on weekends. Hope the info helps...

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

De Caracas para el mundo!! estedecaracas.jpg

coconut grove has that element too...watch out for drunken college students though! UM kids have some of their favorite watering holes there...

littled: you're angry for *leaving* NJ?

cwm30.gif

pod (used to live in NJ)

I just relocated from NJ/NYC to south beach, and trust me the villiage in NYC can't be duplicated, my advice is to come and visit different parts of Miami that people mentioned in earlier replies, then make a decision, try to keep roots in nyc so you can visit often. The good thing is that a lot of people from other areas have relocated here you just have to find them.

pod...i'll be back sunday...i'll be in touch during the week...then maybe next weekend you can show me how sweet all the door bitches are to you...(and i'm not only talking about the girls). lol. just kidding, i hope ppl don't get in my s*** for that one smile.gif

First of all, I'm not sure I would recommend living in S. Florida if you are used to the Village and want a similar experience. I don't think you are going to find it. You will find meeting people to be a royal pain in the ass. I've lived here my whole life and can barely meet a casual friend, much less find women to date. I think Miami is sorely lacking in this aspect.....I was just in Salt Lake City for snowboarding, and I was struck by how much *easier* everything felt somehow. I just got the feeling that it was very easy to make friends, and that women are friendly and down to earth (unlike Miami, where everyone thinks they are a supermodel). I mean, I could just feel it, the difference was amazing.....and I'm sure many other "heartland" type cities are the same way. I am of the opinion that this is probably one of the worst big cities in the entire country for meeting people, due to our transient nature and general shallow attitude.

hell no littled, I bear you no ill will. smile.gif I mean the statement in a humourous bent. Everyone I talk to around NJ wants to leave.

"Jersey Blows" - Hunter on The Sopranos, Episode 2.

is the comment I hear most.

I left a few friends too, but they all come to visit me down here, and I've made wonderful friends in the Miami area.. smile.gif

Archived