Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PvD @ Virgin Megastore (Union Square)

i was gonna be with some friends there around 3ish. But now i guess i will stick around to hear him. Most likely i wont enjoy the musicbut you never know i could be wrong. Me and my clan are goinn to ARC that night. 20mins of pvd is about all i can handle. Interestin side note PVD will be on the same decks that RICK CORBO was spinnin at almost 2yrs ago when WEBSTERHALL did CHYNAS PLAYBOY party. Is their something pvds promoting?

Originally posted by silverbull

i was gonna be with some friends there around 3ish. But now i guess i will stick around to hear him. Most likely i wont enjoy the musicbut you never know i could be wrong. Me and my clan are goinn to ARC that night. 20mins of pvd is about all i can handle. Interestin side note PVD will be on the same decks that RICK CORBO was spinnin at almost 2yrs ago when WEBSTERHALL did CHYNAS PLAYBOY party. Is their something pvds promoting?

just curious what your obsession is with Ricky Corbo?

hes a nice guy and all, and a pretty decent dj...but you seem to obsess over him a little too much......

dont take offense to this, just asking

Well first ive been goin to clubs since 98 all over nyc. And there was something always missin in my opinion either the music was ok but the crowd sucked or vice versa. Then i went to websterhall in 99 and at the time RICK was playng trance and i didnt like it at all. And the crowd was a weird one but everybody was having a great time and that made me go back a few months later after my goin crazy at TWILO which mind you i went to only 4 times but loved it. Any how RICK started playing HOUSE more DEEP, TRIBAL PROGRESSIVE, TECH HOUSE, HARD HOUSE. And soon trance was gone from his crates and forget it for the next 4yrs hes been one of my favorite djs in nyc and the world. And eventully we became friends and then our lil crew was born and we all bacame friends. Anyway the reason i MENTION his name so much is cause i KNOW weebsterhall gets a bad name here and thats fine by me. But im always trying to put his name in peoples minds so at leastthis was his nameis around and maybe curiousity will get someoneto check himout and see that hes a great dj maybe not in the most popular club but nonetheless a great dj. And regardless of what people say about WEBSTERHALL it has a long runnin party on sat nights and everyone in their may not be MUSICALLY INCLINE as most of ya,lol,but at least their having a great time. And thats it i appreciate his sounds and wish more peoplewould thast all.

Originally posted by silverbull

Well first ive been goin to clubs since 98 all over nyc. And there was something always missin in my opinion either the music was ok but the crowd sucked or vice versa. Then i went to websterhall in 99 and at the time RICK was playng trance and i didnt like it at all. And the crowd was a weird one but everybody was having a great time and that made me go back a few months later after my goin crazy at TWILO which mind you i went to only 4 times but loved it. Any how RICK started playing HOUSE more DEEP, TRIBAL PROGRESSIVE, TECH HOUSE, HARD HOUSE. And soon trance was gone from his crates and forget it for the next 4yrs hes been one of my favorite djs in nyc and the world. And eventully we became friends and then our lil crew was born and we all bacame friends. Anyway the reason i MENTION his name so much is cause i KNOW weebsterhall gets a bad name here and thats fine by me. But im always trying to put his name in peoples minds so at leastthis was his nameis around and maybe curiousity will get someoneto check himout and see that hes a great dj maybe not in the most popular club but nonetheless a great dj. And regardless of what people say about WEBSTERHALL it has a long runnin party on sat nights and everyone in their may not be MUSICALLY INCLINE as most of ya,lol,but at least their having a great time. And thats it i appreciate his sounds and wish more peoplewould thast all.

say no more bro...

I was just curious why u brought him up in almost every post.

A few years ago my friends were running WH and I went a few times and heard Corbo. He def has skillz and is a really nice guy as well. Hes just stuck in a club where he will not get much respect out of.

Glad you found a dj that you can really get into. :)