Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nba Rookie Of The Year....

I really like Yao's finesse and game. But you can see he's still a bit rusty, and isnt quite at the top of his game.

With Phoenix making the playoffs, and Amare playing excellently, i would have to go with him, with a slight lead over Yao

tough call though ...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i know this man is on a losing team...but his numbers are out of this world...Caron Butler? how about him? his mins. and scoring are much higher than Yao...yet he gets no attention....i say Butler!!!

yao is a great player and going to get better as he learns the game. but i am really astounded at amare's ability right now. not bad for a kid straight out of hs. this would be unprecendented, a high schooler winning ROY. although i feel that the NBA will give it to yao for marketing purposes. most improved player, i gotta go with ricky davis of the cavaleirs. i remember him in the mcdonalds high school game years ago. people thought he would be decent, but not this good. good for him. defensive player of the year. gotta go with ben wallace. this guy is a monster of the boards, not to mention hes blocked virtually everyone in the league trying to come in the middle, including shaq !:eek: mvp, i hate to say it, cause i hate his persona, but its gotta be kobe bryant. the guy put upp a string of 40 point games, and hes really carried this team, with all the injuries and the supporting cast, not being very supportive. coach of the year, i gotta give it to don nelson. mavs r a strong contender to win it all, and much of that can be atributed to him.

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

yao is a great player and going to get better as he learns the game. but i am really astounded at amare's ability right now. not bad for a kid straight out of hs. this would be unprecendented, a high schooler winning ROY. although i feel that the NBA will give it to yao for marketing purposes. most improved player, i gotta go with ricky davis of the cavaleirs. i remember him in the mcdonalds high school game years ago. people thought he would be decent, but not this good. good for him. defensive player of the year. gotta go with ben wallace. this guy is a monster of the boards, not to mention hes blocked virtually everyone in the league trying to come in the middle, including shaq !:eek: mvp, i hate to say it, cause i hate his persona, but its gotta be kobe bryant. the guy put upp a string of 40 point games, and hes really carried this team, with all the injuries and the supporting cast, not being very supportive. coach of the year, i gotta give it to don nelson. mavs r a strong contender to win it all, and much of that can be atributed to him.

ROY - Yao Ming...they have to give it to him..its all about marketing..Mama Stern didnt raise no fool

Most Improved - Rip Hamilton....without a doubt in my mind...he deserves it

Defensive - Big Ben..end of story

6th Man- Bobbbbbbbbbby Jackson baby!

MVP - KEVIN MUTHAFUCKIN GARNETT

Coach of the Year - Rick Carlisle .. he's workin with a team with no superstars..he gets his guys to go to work every night...def deserves it

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

ROY - Yao Ming...they have to give it to him..its all about marketing..Mama Stern didnt raise no fool

Most Improved - Rip Hamilton....without a doubt in my mind...he deserves it

Defensive - Big Ben..end of story

6th Man- Bobbbbbbbbbby Jackson baby!

MVP - KEVIN MUTHAFUCKIN GARNETT

Coach of the Year - Rick Carlisle .. he's workin with a team with no superstars..he gets his guys to go to work every night...def deserves it

I agree with all your pics, xcept Kirilenko couldmake a run for 6th man.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by phatman

...amare was simply incredible the other day...clinched my vote...if yao gets it, then it is indeed about marketing...who knows...

the voting is done before the post season starts. only regular season performance is taken into account for all of the awards. 6th man, rookie, mvp, coach etc.

but my vote would go to amare. i hope his game1 performance is just a glimpse of what is yet to come for him. simply outstanding.

Originally posted by vicman

the voting is done before the post season starts. only regular season performance is taken into account for all of the awards. 6th man, rookie, mvp, coach etc.

but my vote would go to amare. i hope his game1 performance is just a glimpse of what is yet to come for him. simply outstanding.

...my bad...either way....he still gets my vote...