Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

how did she look in person? isn't she like 5'10' too? she used to really be the cat's meow!

really tall, i'm sure she had hooker-heels on but looked everybit of 6'0, and funny-pretty....like kinda wierd but hot, does that make sense?!?! I've seen Cindy Crawford in person and she seemed like a giant too.....I'm kinda short tho.

i wanna go home already!!! :mad::mad::mad:

so are the two of you punks really going to Liebing tonight?

---> i'm not even asking what kken has in store for tonight, prolly munch on a whole bottle of tylenol PM and wake up next wednesday.

honestly kken, we're all friends here and it is high time that you slow down (pun intended).

Truck maker unveils a monster pickup

Navistar's 14,500-pound vehicle gets 7 miles a gallon

Ketchum Communications via AP file

International Truck and Engine Corp., a division of Navistar International Corp., says the 5-passenger CXT is capable of towing 20 tons.

The Associated Press

Updated: 12:18 p.m. ET Sept. 17, 2004DALLAS - This one could make the Hummer look like a girlie car.

advertisement

International Truck and Engine Corp. is producing what it calls the world's biggest production pickup, a 14,500-pound monster capable of towing 20 tons.

"It's a super head-turner," said Ken Wallace, an International dealer in Fort Myers, Fla., who has been driving one for about two weeks. "Other motorists hang out of their cars to take pictures of it."

But does anybody really need a vehicle that is nine feet tall, eight feet wide, 21 1/2 feet long and gets about seven miles on a gallon of diesel?

Rob Swim, International's marketing director, said the 5-passenger CXT will appeal to image-conscious contractors, roofers, landscapers and other small-business owners who can use the towing power but also want to draw attention to themselves.

"This truck is for businesses that want to make a bold statement," Swim said. "It's for business people that want to promote as much as perform."

International, the operating division of Warrenville, Ill.-based Navistar International Corp., makes the CXT at its Garland plant. The mayor and many of the plant's 700 employees attended an official CXT unveiling Thursday, although the truck has been in production for several weeks.

International makes about 85,000 commercial vehicles a year, from dump trucks to school buses. But it hasn't made a full-size pickup since the 1970s. LIVE QUOTE

Navistar International (NAV)

PRICE CHANGE

37.69 +0.91

• Company Report

• Stock Scouter

• Add this stock to your watch list

Data: MSN Money and IDC Comstock delayed 20 min.

From the front, the CXT looks identical to International's other heavy trucks. International added a pickup bed to its truck chassis and dressed up the cab. One interior package includes leather seats, wood grain trim, a drop-down DVD player, satellite radio and a rear-mounted camera.

But without question, the most noteworthy thing about the CXT is its size. It weighs nearly twice as much as the Ford F-350 Super Duty pickup and is more than two feet taller. It dwarfs full-size sport-utility vehicles.

International says the CXT is the heaviest production pickup out there and boasts the most towing capacity. It comes with all-wheel drive, air brakes, a 70-gallon fuel tank and a bed that tilts back like a dump truck.

The price is also big — $93,000, but options can boost that to $115,000. Some other large pickups cost under $30,000.

Company officials say they expect to sell nearly 100 this year and 500 next year.

Swim said the company isn't marketing the CXT as a consumer vehicle, although he added that drivers don't need a commercial license to get behind the wheel.

"Anybody can lease a Hummer now for $500 a month. Soccer moms are driving them," he said. "This is not a soccer mom's vehicle."

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

tell Gina that Liebing will be doing a special "warm up" wet at Cheetah before the gig @ Avalon.

what's a warm up wet? :confused:

So I'm seriously in love with Chris Liebing. When he smiled at me I got weak in the knees :love2: Alas he's married. I can still admire him from a far! Got to talk to him for a bit. SO NICE! Thomar said my eyes were twinkling from all the excitement hehe. Spent some time in the dj booth. Weeee! The only time I stopped dancing was to go to the bathroom.... I've mastered the art of dancing and text messaging at the same time. I'm gonna have a huge international text messaging bill this month!

One low of the night.... I think gk might be mad at me. :boohoo:

I'm having a Chris-filled weekend! Liebing, Thomar and supposedly some other Chris that my old roomie has been dying for me to meet and is coming w/ us to PvD.

I'm off to round 2 of my hot german dj weekend :love: