Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Else Think Baseball Is The Boringest Sport Ever

msoprano

worst fuckin sport ever ..so fuckin boring...i mean if a team goes on a 20 game losing streak it still doesnt matter..they can still make the playoffs..what kinda sport is that??

its the only sport that you can be fat in...the only sport u can play every 5 days and still command a huge salary ...what kinda sport do u stand around for 70% of the time....i duno..i dont get it...

but then again its the american past time so it figures itll b a lazy ass sport

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

its the only sport that you can be fat in...the only sport u can play every 5 days and still command a huge salary ...what kinda sport do u stand around for 70% of the time....i duno..i dont get it...

that's not true. baseball is not the only sport that fits this description, other exciting sports such as golf and chess fit that just as well.

baseball sucks. I fall asleep in the stands after i've eaten my 5 dollar hot dog and 6 dollar soda. Occasionally something happens and people wake up and go "WHOAAAAA" and then "AWWWWWW" as someone catches the flyball and the runner is out.

Then you get some gay-ass activity between innings that usually involves 4 'lucky" kids going out to the field to catch some plastic wiffle balls being hit or get their gloves signed.

Maybe once a game you'll see a line drive that gets a runner back to home plate.

Usually you just end up seeing how exciting baseball COULD be when you get home and catch the sports highlights of other games that sucked slightly less than yours did.

you've got to appreciate the strategy and the game within the game to fully enjoy the sport. Americans are too caught up in seeing slam dunks and constant scoing (which is just a reflection of our culture in general), that is why more slow moving sports, soccer and baseball in particular, aren't as popular as basketball and football.

In sum, eat a dick to baseball haters, and METS 2003 BABY!!!!

Originally posted by jaybzee

you've got to appreciate the strategy and the game within the game to fully enjoy the sport. Americans are too caught up in seeing slam dunks and constant scoing (which is just a reflection of our culture in general), that is why more slow moving sports, soccer and baseball in particular, aren't as popular as basketball and football.

you know what. there's 1000 times more strategy to chess, but guess what. I don't buy tickets to that either.

You aren't privvy to the strategy in a chess game and SUPRISE SUPRISE, you don't know shit about baseball strategy until well AFTER things happen.

If i'm gonna drop money to see something, wait on line forever, pay asinine prices for shit, then dammit i want to see some DYNAMIC ACTION. I don't want to watch people stand there getting paid thousands of dollars per hour, more bored on the field than i am in the stands.

at least in Soccer it's CONSTANT action, whether or not there's a goal scored. You can visually see the game play itself out.

Baseball you sit and wait for them to hit something. Then once in a while they do, someone catches it and everyone goes back to sleep again.

Originally posted by jaybzee

do u watch pee wee league soccer?

do not ever..ever..ever put the words soccer and baseball in the same sentence..nah fuck that...dotn even put them in the same paragraph unless ur commenting how much better soccer is ...

sayin soccer is slow is like sayin david wells isnt overweight...and mike piazza isnt psychotic

what kinda sport do u stand around for 70% of the time

Umm.......FOOTBALL! (American football for you Euros who think soccer is football...)

Most sports are boring unless you really know the players and are into the strategy. For instance, people are constantly moving in soccer, but it bores the hell out of most Americans because there aren't enough scoring opportunities. I could go on for just about any sport like that (except maybe basketball or indoor lacrosse, both of which are pretty damn exciting even if it's your first time watching)

As for most boring, I'd say that cricket, golf, curling, any individual sport (gymnastics, figure skating, etc), and distance racing are all pretty damn boring to watch. But the one that really takes the cake is Yachting. I have no clue how anyone can watch it and find it exciting....

Originally posted by brickhouse

Umm.......FOOTBALL! (American football for you Euros who think soccer is football...)

Most sports are boring unless you really know the players and are into the strategy. For instance, people are constantly moving in soccer, but it bores the hell out of most Americans because there aren't enough scoring opportunities. I could go on for just about any sport like that (except maybe basketball or indoor lacrosse, both of which are pretty damn exciting even if it's your first time watching)

As for most boring, I'd say that cricket, golf, curling, any individual sport (gymnastics, figure skating, etc), and distance racing are all pretty damn boring to watch. But the one that really takes the cake is Yachting. I have no clue how anyone can watch it and find it exciting....

i'd have to add nascar in there..

do u watch pee wee league soccer?

do not ever..ever..ever put the words soccer and baseball in the same sentence..nah fuck that...dotn even put them in the same paragraph unless ur commenting how much better soccer is ...

sayin soccer is slow is like sayin david wells isnt overweight...and mike piazza isnt psychotic

no dick, I was commenting that American's don't watch soccer, nor show interest in the sport as a fan in general, b/c of the supposed slow moving speed of the sport (scoring wise). I can understand if you think soccer is above baseball, fuck, most of the world agrees, but baseball is still the shit in my book.

And to recant my enthusiasm from yesterday, METS SUCK

i usually dont bother with watching baseball until september, when the games count. through out september and during the playoffs is when you really see the strategy of the game. also helps if you dont have to deal with chip carrey and any other joker on TV doing the analysis.

joe morgan on espn is da mutha' fuckin' man. love his analysis of the game. only reason why i ever bothered to watch baseball on NBC. bob costas blows monkey chunks.:bits:

the way a pitcher pitches to x or y batter. the sequence of the pitches, pull infield in or out? outfield in or out? steel a base? pass ball? bunt? fielders choice?

the notion of "producing" a run is almost gone with these 300ft center field stadiums.