Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exposing your feelings . . .

fierydesire

Originally posted by fierydesire

. . . is sometimes harder than it seems :( Sometimes its just not worth the risk of letting them out especially when the stakes are higher :unhappy:

and you just want to smack the other person for making you play emotional poker.

"cant tip your hand or they'll take it all away from you."

ugh. makes me want to vomit.

Originally posted by covetoys

About time someone said it.

If you can't communicate your feelings than your not in a real relationship.

i disagree., i have a very hard time expressing or revealing (at least verbally ) my feelings *period* i dont think you can tell me that i wasnt in a real relationship bc i never said "i love you" etc.

call it what you want (baggage, issues etc) but i have conditioned or trained myself through the years to NOT reveal my feelings, bc i have viewed it as a sign of weakness and/or vulnerability -- or at least initially. Only when i am comfortable or trust! someone enough, and not many people have reached this point. but at least when i do say something, i mean it.. and i am not just saying it cuz it sounds good. or its something that i think the other person wants to hear.

ironically... most of the guys iu have been in serious relationships lso are like me - its hard for them to express their feelings, but they are even worse than me. they just dont, until its too late and the relationship is over. :blown:

Originally posted by fierydesire

. . . is sometimes harder than it seems :( Sometimes its just not worth the risk of letting them out especially when the stakes are higher :unhappy:

sometimes i think to the parties involved, risk is doubled by fear.

You have to bite the bullet sometimes...think of it this way, your pent of frustration is bound to be more of a risk in the long run.

Gather up your balls and go!

if you don't take the risk and expose your feelings, you don't know what you might be missing out on. definitely a very difficult thing to do since there's a possibility of getting your heart broken but you only live once (cliche, i know) and you should make the most of it.

besides, time heals broken hearts... you can't always go back and take advantage opportunites you regret not pursuing

Originally posted by nycchic24

i disagree., i have a very hard time expressing or revealing (at least verbally ) my feelings *period* i dont think you can tell me that i wasnt in a real relationship bc i never said "i love you" etc.

call it what you want (baggage, issues etc) but i have conditioned or trained myself through the years to NOT reveal my feelings, bc i have viewed it as a sign of weakness and/or vulnerability -- or at least initially. Only when i am comfortable or trust! someone enough, and not many people have reached this point. but at least when i do say something, i mean it.. and i am not just saying it cuz it sounds good. or its something that i think the other person wants to hear.

ironically... most of the guys iu have been in serious relationships lso are like me - its hard for them to express their feelings, but they are even worse than me. they just dont, until its too late and the relationship is over. :blown:

generally I don't have a difficulty in expressing how I feel however I fear what may come of it if I do disclose my feelings. I want to see if these feelings are for real and perhaps not a phase I'm going through before I do anything rash. . .

Originally posted by marcid21

sometimes i think to the parties involved, risk is doubled by fear.

You have to bite the bullet sometimes...think of it this way, your pent of frustration is bound to be more of a risk in the long run.

Gather up your balls and go!

I see your point babes but eh I'm going to give it time, cause what I could be losing if I do tell is worse than me not telling, got me :unhappy:

well i got this from another msg board..and the thread pertained not to revealing your feelings specifially but relationships in general. but i think is very relevant:

"See people for who they are, not who you want them to be. See a relationship for what it is, not what you want it to be. " tm

hopefully that will help you make a decison whether you should or should not tell someone how you feel.