Clubplanet Nightlife Community

10 Best Movies Ever?

in no order:

1. The Godfather I

2. The Godfather II (part 3 was rubbish)

3. Citizen Kane

4. The Royal Tenebaums

5. Reqieum for a Dream

6. Pulp Fiction

7. Adaptation

8. Taxi Driver

9. The Devil's Advoacte

10. Howard the Duck...most underated movie of all time!!!

I agree with some but I have a few Additions.

Primal Fear (Ed Norton is Great in this movie)

ET - Sorry I still love this movie

Superman - I can watch it over and over

Pay it Forward

American History X

Shawshank

TopGun

Godfather

Rainman

Braveheart

Runner Up - My Big Fat Greek Wedding

It isn't good enough for the top 10, but it ranks high on my list since it hits so close to home.

DANCEdeep: sorry i didn't answer your q before... i've been so busy with work i can't handle reality.

I despise TV (i don't even own one) but i loooove movies.

I think it comes back to finances - movies make money by getting your ticket... so movies have are resolute experiences - whereas TV makes money through ads... so their goal is to keep you watching and watching... ideally you'd be a hapless zombie just glued to the couch. so they do these crazy psychological things to keep you watching - like end every show without resolution, so you're left emotionally hanging... and while they do that they advertise for the next one, which promises resolutiong for you... but it never comes. so you're sitting there like an idiot for 3 hours and leave feeling wholly unsatisfied.

Also, the low light CRT screen of the tv induces alpha brainstates (see eeg), which is a state associated with relaxation and specifically, "non thinking". Film induces the beta rhythm, by alternating patterns of light and dark, which is a more active brainstate. In other words, they don't call it the idiot box for nuffin :)

peaz,

rob

Picking only ten is tough, but my current favorites are:

#1- Peewee's Big Adventure, hands down, then in no particular order.....

2 Usual Suspects

3 The Forbidden Zone

4 Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Attack of the Revenge of the Return of the Subhumanoid Flesheating Zombified Living Dead, Part II. . .In shocking 2D

5 Pink Flamingos

6 Enter the Dragon

7 Battle Royale

8 The Good the Bad and the Ugly

9 Iron Monkey

10 Seven Samurai

There are so many others it hurts.

Originally posted by dialectics

DANCEdeep: sorry i didn't answer your q before... i've been so busy with work i can't handle reality.

I despise TV (i don't even own one) but i loooove movies.

I think it comes back to finances - movies make money by getting your ticket... so movies have are resolute experiences - whereas TV makes money through ads... so their goal is to keep you watching and watching... ideally you'd be a hapless zombie just glued to the couch. so they do these crazy psychological things to keep you watching - like end every show without resolution, so you're left emotionally hanging... and while they do that they advertise for the next one, which promises resolutiong for you... but it never comes. so you're sitting there like an idiot for 3 hours and leave feeling wholly unsatisfied.

Also, the low light CRT screen of the tv induces alpha brainstates (see eeg), which is a state associated with relaxation and specifically, "non thinking". Film induces the beta rhythm, by alternating patterns of light and dark, which is a more active brainstate. In other words, they don't call it the idiot box for nuffin

peaz,

rob

There are SO many reality shows on now, it's gets boring. Plus I don't like to just sit around. Interesting info. on brainstates. Watch Brazil.

peace.

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

There are SO many reality shows on now, it's gets boring. Plus I don't like to just sit around. Interesting info. on brainstates. Watch Brazil.

peace.

i second that....definitely watch brazil...think, you will.

Originally posted by space-d

i second that....definitely watch brazil...think, you will.

:) that's cool that you've seen it! No one seems to have seen Terry Gilliam's Brazil besides me and a friend of mine, unless you're a film major or close to it. The ending totally disturbed me...omg.

t_09.jpg

:) that's cool that you've seen it! No one seems to have seen Terry Gilliam's Brazil besides me and a friend of mine, unless you're a film major or close to it. The ending totally disturbed me...omg.

I've totally seen Brazil....that movie is great. What really disturbed me was when i worked at an insurance company this winter and most of the pages in the policy folders had Tuttle written across the top in small letters. Ahh. :eek:

t_09.jpg

I saw it once... but it was years ago, and it was during my K-phase... so I can't say I remember it very well!!! :rolleyes::blown::laugh:

In no particular order!-

Opposite of Sex

Pulp Fiction

Nadja

Room with a View

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Alice in Wonderland

Blade

Requiem for a Dream

Seven (I can't believe NOBODY has mentioned this yet!)

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (again... no one else???)

And as honorable mentions:

Willy Wonka

Scary Movie

Originally posted by dmtgod

I've totally seen Brazil....that movie is great. What really disturbed me was when i worked at an insurance company this winter and most of the pages in the policy folders had Tuttle written across the top in small letters. Ahh.

damn.

:blank: