Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stryke at Spi Club

aj22

Originally posted by picottofan

Up here in Orlando we had Edgar V open up for PVD Saturday - man he tore it up! It was like the old days when he spun at the Mix alongside Padilla (anyone remember?). Alright you guys have me convinced Stryke is the shit- I'm trustin ya. If he's similar to Edgar style I'm there---

His style isn't similar to Edgar's...Edgar is trance, Stryke is techno/tech-house/house :) But still, you have to go!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by fat0ny

Well you can definatly count me and the crew in for sure as usual. last time greg played spi he tore that shit up. this is Definatly gonna be a good night. Hes got some goodies in store for you guys.

Im surprised i havent heard from saleen on this one. tisk tisk.

well, I kinda knew about his spi residency, but just kept my mouth shut... spi is not gonna be easy to win over.

I a huge fan of stryke, but like i tell people his #1 problem is his negativity.. I'm not in the industry, therefore I say what ever i like, but his negativity shines threw...

but here is my list of things I'd do at spi if I was running the show

1. first off that dead space in front of the booth, something needs to be done... not sure what, but its really just a walk way and needs to be better suited for the people on the dance floor.

2. how come everyone always has to wait at spi for the line? makes no sense. do something flabouant at the door...

3. make that shit so dark around 2am, you need a flash light..

4. put a fucking sign up so people cleary KNOW ITS STRYKE IN THE BOOTH, AND POST HIS TOP TEN TRACKS EACH WEEK!!!!!!

5. WOULD IT KILL A SOUTH FLORIDA DJ TO POP IN A DAT AND PUT THE LIVE MIX ON LINE? then just mix in the club name...

6. ban trance

7. ban trance djs

8 ban the word trance inside spi

9. could we do a classics night in a few weeks?

besides that, i like the venue much more since lp sold it, not thrilled about the name, seems they smoked too much pot and it sounded cool at the time. Sound is great, lights are great, but can the beach like techno? You are gonna need hard work and great promoters....I'll be there, not 100% sure, still need to check out the new space, and ralph was off the hinges at maze...

also 100 dollar bottles will surely pack the joint... seems that is the magic number these days...

Originally posted by saleen351

I a huge fan of stryke, but like i tell people his #1 problem is his negativity.. I'm not in the industry, therefore I say what ever i like, but his negativity shines threw...

heya saleen,

thanks for the suggestions. i really do like a few of them and will bring them up to the club. i will be happy to do things like post a top 10 or 20 every week and record some of my mixes and make them available from time to time on my website. (i normally do that anyway). however, i'm curious as to how my negativity shines through? i know that i've said that miami is a tough crowd (for techno and the like), and i've gone through my fair share of tough times here in miami as a dj (sometimes it just seems that the rest of the world is a lot kinder to me). but i hardly doubt that i've shown any negativity towards anyone here. please explain... again, thank you for the suggestions. i know at least a few of them will be implemented by myself. i am looking forward to this residency. there's nothing i'd love more right now than to be playing at home every week. thanks to all of you who have continued to support me throughout the years. i feel that the best is yet to come!

paz (and a boat load of positivity!!!!),

stryke

oh....and as far as the whole techno thing...yes, that's my baby. but this residency is going to be a broader scope than just techno. i'm here to entertain, not always shove my musical beliefs down your throats. yes, you will be hearing some of the best in techno. but, the night will cross all different genres. not to worry. there'll be something for everyone, and it will all work together, the way it should :) again, thanks to you all who have been there, those who will be there, and everyone inbetween.

paz,

greg

well, I kinda knew about his spi residency, but just kept my mouth shut... spi is not gonna be easy to win over.

but here is my list of things I'd do at spi if I was running the show

1. first off that dead space in front of the booth, something needs to be done... not sure what, but its really just a walk way and needs to be better suited for the people on the dance floor.

2. how come everyone always has to wait at spi for the line? makes no sense. do something flabouant at the door...

3. make that shit so dark around 2am, you need a flash light..

4. put a fucking sign up so people cleary KNOW ITS STRYKE IN THE BOOTH, AND POST HIS TOP TEN TRACKS EACH WEEK!!!!!!

5. WOULD IT KILL A SOUTH FLORIDA DJ TO POP IN A DAT AND PUT THE LIVE MIX ON LINE? then just mix in the club name...

6. ban trance

7. ban trance djs

8 ban the word trance inside spi

9. could we do a classics night in a few weeks?

besides that, i like the venue much more since lp sold it, not thrilled about the name, seems they smoked too much pot and it sounded cool at the time. Sound is great, lights are great, but can the beach like techno? You are gonna need hard work and great promoters....I'll be there, not 100% sure, still need to check out the new space, and ralph was off the hinges at maze...

also 100 dollar bottles will surely pack the joint... seems that is the magic number these days...

Saleen...lol..ur an idiot..

his residency for saturdays is shared with ralph falcon...if u knew about him being at spi how could u not know about ralph as well?

stupid

ignorant

guido

trash

nuff

said:cool:

id like to see how that would work out...ralph and greg...plus i dont see greg negative in any way..he has stayed here far longer than even i thought he would...working against the public opinion on music, for a residency...Spiclub is a great place for him to be heard...i cant wait!

I'm hoping this works out for Greg. I kinda want a Saturday hangout again, a place to go before I go to Space :)

I've heard the Acosta-ites already..."bro, I'm not going to Spi if they don't play trance..." The bulk of his fanbase is running for the hills right now.

But I'm telling everyone I know to show up for sure :)

I'm really stoked for this .. I think Greg is hopefully going to open some people's ears to some music that doesn't normally get the attention it should wether its techno or house. He really digs for those tunes and I'm sure he'll surprise with a classic or two .. he always has in the past I don't see why he wouldn't now. I'm really stoked for saturday and I'm starting to get the word out. :)

i am sooooooo there!!!! Meli and I will be there for support Greg...there are NO Techno nights here in Miami and its for a reason...Miami doesnt open their minds to good music until its TOO LATE...its time to start a good party and support the party before it becomes "in style"...here is a perfect opportunity...see ya April 26 Greg!!!!:aright:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by spacecadet888

Saleen...lol..ur an idiot..

his residency for saturdays is shared with ralph falcon...if u knew about him being at spi how could u not know about ralph as well?

stupid

ignorant

guido

trash

nuff

said:cool:

id like to see how that would work out...ralph and greg...plus i dont see greg negative in any way..he has stayed here far longer than even i thought he would...working against the public opinion on music, for a residency...Spiclub is a great place for him to be heard...i cant wait!

how du u know what i know? bro, i know so much shit, it would shock you, but i keep it all off the board, unless they say i can post it... :idea: :idea: :idea:

how du u know what i know? bro, i know so much shit, it would shock you, but i keep it all off the board, unless they say i can post it... :idea: :idea: :idea:

It doesnt shock me the amount of shit you know..rather...the amount of shit you talk.

:rolleyes:

..just go show support to them both. peace.

Guest saleen351

It doesnt shock me the amount of shit you know..rather...the amount of shit you talk.

:rolleyes:

..just go show support to them both. peace.

bro, do me a favor and shut the fuck up and get off my jock, you fucking stunad... You have have no idea about anything, or anything i post... ... There is a reason for everything I post.. :idea: :idea:

one day you'll understand, now run along little boy.....

bro, do me a favor and shut the fuck up and get off my jock, you fucking stunad... You have have no idea about anything, or anything i post... ... There is a reason for everything I post.. :idea: :idea:

one day you'll understand, now run along little boy.....

you know what .. you are probably right tha ti have no idea about anything...since i have never spoken to people like greg, biz, DM, or anyone else in the Dj/club business for that matter. I have no idea how to run a club and manage to get 80 bucks pocketed either...lol!

evidently i must have hit you with a low blow..because ur temper is flaring like a pack of hemmhroids.:laugh:

now i will run along and try my best to understand how a balding pot smoker can know more about clubs than an up to date clubber.

i dont dwell on the past "classics" i utilize the present to look forward to the future.

Besides, if u had an inkling of who i was you would shut your mouth about "knowing it all"..but i really wont get into that...

nor will i bother to reply to any more of ur heinous posts.

once again...say hello to Miss Cleo for me! (or is it Walter Mercado?:idea: )

Guest saleen351

you know what .. you are probably right tha ti have no idea about anything...since i have never spoken to people like greg, biz, DM, or anyone else in the Dj/club business for that matter. I have no idea how to run a club and manage to get 80 bucks pocketed either...lol!

evidently i must have hit you with a low blow..because ur temper is flaring like a pack of hemmhroids.:laugh:

now i will run along and try my best to understand how a balding pot smoker can know more about clubs than an up to date clubber.

i dont dwell on the past "classics" i utilize the present to look forward to the future.

Besides, if u had an inkling of who i was you would shut your mouth about "knowing it all"..but i really wont get into that...

nor will i bother to reply to any more of ur heinous posts.

once again...say hello to Miss Cleo for me! (or is it Walter Mercado?:idea: )

bro i could give a fuck who you are... who are you, the john gotti of clubs in florida:laugh: :laugh: