Clubplanet Nightlife Community

psytrance vs. trance

Thanks again to those of you who gave me the info on psytrnace...I downloaded a nice set last nite from tranceaddict.com...

the set was: astral projection live form brotherhood.

Has anyone else checked this set out?

Is that the typical psytrance sound?

psytrance is not the same as goa trance. and there are psytrance parties, pretty much it's what is underground right now cause there's a small following. and they won't ever be at a commercial place like exit or limelight anytime soon lol.

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

and they won't ever be at a commercial place like exit or limelight anytime soon lol.

actually you're wrong. Tsunami threw a part in February at Limelight...Adtral Projection headlined...then they were scheduled to throw another one in March, with Talamasca headling. I emailed them a few days ago abotu a possible venue or headliner, and they said definitely some place big. They packed Limelight in February, so I would say that there are a decent aount of psy-trance fans in the area.

Ive been going to these for years and the music is off the fuckin hook, The Tsunami parties used to get a great vibe rollin in the basement of Shelter on a weekly basis but the following was only strong enoug for a monthly gig, too bad they had the old system ffrom Twilo in that little space and if you were in the mood for that overpowering body shaking bass it was suhweeeeeeeet! Thy have a couple of discs worth getting too. Synthetic Sadhus also throws some great parties at the Amazura in Queens and at some old film studio in Brooklyn, also definitely worth checking out. www.synthetic-sadhus.com

Originally posted by racerx1225

Ive been going to these for years and the music is off the fuckin hook, The Tsunami parties used to get a great vibe rollin in the basement of Shelter on a weekly basis but the following was only strong enoug for a monthly gig, too bad they had the old system ffrom Twilo in that little space and if you were in the mood for that overpowering body shaking bass it was suhweeeeeeeet! Thy have a couple of discs worth getting too. Synthetic Sadhus also throws some great parties at the Amazura in Queens and at some old film studio in Brooklyn, also definitely worth checking out. www.synthetic-sadhus.com

SYNTHETIC SADUHS went out of business last november, the head kid's girlfriend died in a car crash and they have not thrown a party since then, they had the best psy parties in the whole fucking city.

came back from a psytrance party last night. Jason (Subtle Chaos, Spectra) was throwing some niiiice tracks down...soooo good. tribal feel, some techy :love2:

talked to a friend of mine about the tsunami party at limelight and it's funny because he was one of the djs spinning at that party.

infected mushroom :aright:

Gotta agree with others here that Infected Mushroom are ones to check out.

The best Goa and psychedelic Trance parties take place in Goa, India. Been that way for almost a decade and a half now.

There's also some big Psy parties being thrown in the coastal cities of Brazil now.

Just about the only cities in America where you can find a lot of parties with Psy-Trance are San Francisco, and to a lesser degree New York.

Personally, I think in a lot of ways that genre peaked in the mid 90s when Paul Oakenfold used to play some if it in his sets.