Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Pisses Me Off-Anyone Been In A Yellow Cab Latley?

Originally posted by neptune1

theyre actally pretty cool... me n klohe first saw one 2 months ago after coming out of vinyl, and thought it was the greatest idea ever LoL:idea:

For what though? Like what really is the point of having a fucking TV in a cab. My point is...WHY SPEND THAT MONEY TO DO THAT when they could be spending it on something a lot more productive!! GRRRRR

Just a quicky

I work in Advertising... don't know the cost, but I can tell you it's 3-5 different companies offering it..

I got in one the other night, and I asked the cabbie what are the people's opinion.. he said 95% of the riders like it, the other 5% make up of tourist that would rather look out the window...and a few others who say they would rather relax...

The one I got into had a map, which I think is cool for the passenges that have moron drivers who don't know how to get to your destination...

I work in the ad world...and I can tell you this is just the begining... everything is for sale...and companies like this are trying to find any possible way to get the name out there...

My thoughtssss :idea::blown:

Originally posted by cro

I work in the ad world...and I can tell you this is just the begining... everything is for sale...and companies like this are trying to find any possible way to get the name out there...

My thoughtssss :idea::blown:

I've only seen these screens on the news and trade presses, so I haven't been able to use one first hand.

My thoughts, while it is true that some companies use ridiculous and even stupid measures to grab attention, this is not that case here. Where you have a product like this that provides a real service to its audience, it's message is much more focused and therefore, relevant. It's infinitely better than some of the ridiculous media placements that're floating around out there.

NYC CABS = RIP OFF !!

I'm a bad tipper and I try not to tip cab drivers and when I don't - they bitch at me and one driver held on to my last dollar asking me if he can keep it as a tip !!!!

I'm never taking cabs !!! :mad:

Originally posted by lollie60

NYC CABS = RIP OFF !!

I'm a bad tipper and I try not to tip cab drivers and when I don't - they bitch at me and one driver held on to my last dollar asking me if he can keep it as a tip !!!!

I'm never taking cabs !!! :mad:

That has nothing to do with TV's in cabs ya cheap bastard.

the city has nothing to do with those screens. cab's aren't owned or maintained by NYC.

are they really so annoying that they actually piss you off? if anything it's better than looking at the dirty glass partition in front of you.

cabbies make a terrible living. if they can earn an extra buck or two by allowing advertising in/on their cars then good for them.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by brooklynkid

the city has nothing to do with those screens. cab's aren't owned or maintained by NYC.

are they really so annoying that they actually piss you off? if anything it's better than looking at the dirty glass partition in front of you.

cabbies make a terrible living. if they can earn an extra buck or two by allowing advertising in/on their cars then good for them.

Cabbies actually make a decent living, you would be surprised!

Originally posted by rdancer

my neighbor drives a yellow cab and he said he's lucky if he comes home with $150 a day for a 12 hour shift, after expenses. doesn't sound decent at all. maybe others are luckier.

Originally posted by rdancer

where'd you get this info from? the average salary of a cab driver is $26,000. paying for the medallion alone is a long and costly process.

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

So they just installed little fucking TVs in cabs now. Yea how much did the city spend on doing that? Can't spend their money on something better than putting TVs in cabs? This jus pisses me off:mad:

You should learn how to get your priorities straight

If not, you'll bust a spleen getting angry over the stupidest shit.

-iliana

:blank:

Why does this upset you?

Because the City pays for it? It doesn't...the cab companies do...to try to get you to ride cabs and not the trains or busses...

Pretty cool if you ask us...but we like the internet stations in some cabs better!

D&S

It use to so much better for cabbies. Nowadays, there are cabbies all over the place, some don't even speak decent English..But with all the new rules and regs, it definitely is a lot harder these days.

As for the whole paying thing.. the city has no involvement in this. The cab owners are the ones who shell out for any extra perks to grab your attention.

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

So they just installed little fucking TVs in cabs now. Yea how much did the city spend on doing that? Can't spend their money on something better than putting TVs in cabs? This jus pisses me off:mad:

Actually the city does not pay for it. Even if they did it would still be money well spent in my opinion. The installation of the TVs creates jobs and also increases sales for those already in the field. For example, people must make the TVs, others must create the components necessary to install, and someone must do the actual installing. This in itself generates more GDP without including the new revenues created by the investments made for advertising in these cabs. Quite frankly projects such as this help stimulate growth in sectors which are either decreasing in sales or plateaud. In my opinion these are the type of projects that the city and the government itself should create. Its effects on the overall economy are more sound then tax cuts or deficit spending.

First off $150 a day for driving a cab is good money. I know people who work a lot harder than a cab driver and don't make that.....

2nd....the average cab driver makes 26,000 a year.....BEFORE TIPS.....they probably make another 10 in tips which they definitely do not report to uncle sam....

Originally posted by cro

Just a quicky

..and a few others who say they would rather relax...

ok one thing though, how can you relax while your in a nyc cab???? i always fear for my life everytime i get into these suicidal machines:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by unclebuc

First off $150 a day for driving a cab is good money. I know people who work a lot harder than a cab driver and don't make that.....

2nd....the average cab driver makes 26,000 a year.....BEFORE TIPS.....they probably make another 10 in tips which they definitely do not report to uncle sam....

and this is a good living how? how would you like to make $26000 working 72 hours a week? and trying to support a family...