Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KlubVet's OFFICIAL afterhours @ La Carreta REVIEW

klubveteran

(saleen ive been studying your reviews here goes).....

**Since Jason G told Biz at the table he didnt wanna talk about clubs/clubplanet. I will piss him off further and post my review:idea: **

so we all wrestle with the idea of going to some deep south cuban joint to go eat. You cant get anymore authentic than La Carreta on calle ocho! (voted best after hours on el Mikimbin show)

But the first one to Drop out of the deal was of course.....Oscar G AKA "el caballo viejo"

I will let him slide this time since he had to catch a flight today to San Francisco and since he is an old skool cuban like me i know that it is pre-programmed in our heads from our moms and grandmas from when you were a kid that when you travel you cannot travel lightly. you have to take pepto bismol, band aids, exlax, soft toilet papers. and he hadnt done that yet so ok cool.

so i dip with Ralph and the other geeks go in thier ride. and if my memory serves me correctly i couldve sworn that we were ahead of the others but yet we were the last ones to get there:confused:

and i do remember now ralph had this Sade- Dido type cd going and he took me down the back stretch where there werent too many street lights hmmm

anyway, if you think Biz has juice at Space you havent seen him at La carreta. this guy has all the waitresess all up on him.

we get there and we were like "we have a table" she pays no attention to us. we say we are with Biz and we get taken care of right away.not only that but the servers there boost my moral cuz they flirt with me and anyone under 80.

None of you guys can name one damn club that has palomilla steaks like this place. un-freaking-believable. i myself had a turkey sandwhich cuz i gotta trim the spare tire from around my waist for the beach this summer.The juice was freshly squeezed.

all in all it was the best after hours in a while.it ended abrubtly when we (right wing republicans) began to attack Biz's main squeeze on political views. and by the way Biz's girlfriends friend is one hot cookie:love2: If i wasnt such a dweeb and knew i had like ZERO chance with her i wouldnt be advertsing it here. but here is a heads up to all you readers here. instead of harassing Biz for comps and Roly cds tell him to introduce you;)

Ralph if i were you id taker to dinner and facinate her with the story on how you wrote dark beat:aright:

desayuno carretero is the best afterhours or pre-space (afterhours) food. Those of you who have seen me sportin a colada now know where it came from.

we took jz/ashley and some other friends last time they were here with like 30 people it was lots of fun .. the lot of us went to see DT after. oooh WMC how much fun I had. :)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by phrankadelic

i don't know...rio crystal makes some mean palomillas also. but la carreta is the shit.

I love their french fries, almost as good as Lila's....

Is Las Palmas the same as La Palma? I sed to make my dad go over there in the middle of the night to get me croquetas when I was younger.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Is Las Palmas the same as La Palma? I sed to make my dad go over there in the middle of the night to get me croquetas when I was younger.

Las Palmas is on 8th Street and 60 something avenue.

My favorite cuban restaurant has got to be La Carreta, they serve some mean Mariquitas with mojo...yeay!!! I have to say Lincoln Rd Cafeteria is my cuban resaturant of choice...our waiter Pedrito takes care of us like we were the Gambino family...no joke! We just sit there and the guy knows what we're going to order before we even decide...he has a good memory, remembers me and my friend's orders before we check the menu...now that's v.i.p. Grande Pedrito! :D

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

ahhh...lila's. my first memories of that place was when i was a little punk and my parents took me there. got this palomilla with a mountain of fries on top. i was like...hell yeah!

Originally posted by phrankadelic

i don't know...rio crystal makes some mean palomillas also. but la carreta is the shit.

no doubt Rio Crystal's Palomilla and the freakin pound of rice and black beans they give you and fries, and how about their FLAN?

now that's out of control YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!