Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Venus De' Milo, The Spot, The Playhouse..

xlr8ed

Anyone been to the places back in the day?? What great times they were, being only 17-18 yrs old and drinking before the club.... Smoking on the roofdeck at the Spot was where it was at... !!!!:smoke::shades2:

Originally posted by normluv

What about the Loft or even MOJO's. MOJO's was the shit. downstairs in that basement. Hoffman used to kill it down there....

Normluv Chiming in...

Who used to be the resident at the Loft? I think I seen Arman Van helden there once like 10-12 yrs ago...

Originally posted by normluv

What about the Loft or even MOJO's. MOJO's was the shit. downstairs in that basement. Hoffman used to kill it down there....

The Loft:eek:

Now that place brings back memories... When I was 17 or so!

Originally posted by sparkem

Technically you've (probably) been to the spaces, you've just weren't there under the previous names.

Does that make you feel any better?

XOXO

Ummmm, a little. What are they called now? I'm always interested in hearing how much better the places now used to be...

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Ummmm, a little. What are they called now? I'm always interested in hearing how much better the places now used to be...

Venus de Milo = Karma

The Spot= Sophias

The Playhouse = Embassy..I think.

The only thing different about Embassy now is the entrance and some of the decor. The old entrance to The Playhouse is where the gl line for Avalon is now.

And Karma is now Jake Ivory's, and Jake Ivory's is going to be some tiki bar. I can't wait for that to open...I'm all about scorpion bowl races!! It's all about rejuvenating old spaces!!

OXOX

Originally posted by xlr8ed

Anyone been to the places back in the day?? What great times they were, being only 17-18 yrs old and drinking before the club.... Smoking on the roofdeck at the Spot was where it was at... !!!!:smoke::shades2:

hahahah i used to love The Spot. hahahah thats when hiphop was the thing and everyone wanted to get downstairs (boy was it an inferno down there)

this is back when i still ventured to providence as well for Lupos on thursday nights :rofl::laugh:

I remember going to venus de milo when I was a freshman in college. My friends and I thought we were so cool getting loaded on cheap beer and vodka before going in. Then getting so excited when they played the safety dance....:cool::laugh:

When I used to go to the loft the residents where: Armand, Bruno, Mayhem, Osheen & Delmar. I am shure there were others..

MOJO's=The Spot=Sophia's

mojo's was probably one of my all time fav's. Not too many people know this but Milo for the underground rap group 'the high n mighty' went to BU and used to spin at mojos...