Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SHADOW LOUNGE II ?????

sgtfury

I caught wind of a top secret rumour...that the shadow lounge has secretly bought the space where Fuel was....while it is only a rumour....imagine that...if GA were to spin there with the 24hr liq license..they would give Space some stiff competition...

Woah. Might explain Fuel not being open last weekend. Fuel has a decent sound system, a good light array, and a great space. I'd definitely be in a quandry when visiting downtown. Edgar or George Edgar or George. Being that they're friends with each other, it'd be way cool, the Kings of Miami Trance on the same street.

I got news for you....Space is gonna be moving soon to another location....they are going to sell the place its at now and make room for a new baseball stadium...Shadow is also moving downtown in the near future though I'm unsure of an exact date but beleive me, I KNOW EVERYTHING

Sorry, the new baseball stadium is going be closer to the Miami river(west downtown) by the little art district from my understanding, but Im not doubting that they're moving or even selling the place, trust me, that would be an ideal thing to do, but it's not due to the baseball stadium that's for sure, too many stadiums jumbled together, the AAA and Miami Areana along with the new baseball field? hmmm... no.

------------------

R.I.T.M.sig.gif

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene!

windmill.jpg

Believe.

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

ok, unless i missed something here (which is quite possible) space does quite well on the weekends throughout the year and during the conference and on holidays so why would they sell it and/or move it?? that doesn't make sence. i really don't think space will be going anywhere. of course with the way clubs in miami are sooooooooooo flavor of the month and usually don't last more then a couple of years, i could be wrong here, maybe space is moving.

as fpr fuel & shadow lounge, neither of them can fill the space they already have let alone buy some other space and open a new club!! shadow is one of the most pathetic excuses for a club i've ever seen!! they've tried everything under the sun from house nights to trance nights to breakbeat nights to local rock/pop/R&B nights...and still they can't fit in or pack the place! my guess is that shadow won't be around for much longer for the simple reason that they can't pull the crowds.

fuel is nothing but an after hours club for the strippers and hookers that work across the street...i was there on tusday night during the conference and they were empty! my roommate was there on sunday night during the conference and it was the same thing, EMPTY! if they can't pack the place with steller line-ups and everyone world wide in the city then they won't even come close with a local dj during the rest of the year!! club space has provin itself unlike fuel. there's no way fuel has the money to buy space and still keep it's original club open.

I had a conversation with a doorperson at Space, she said the rumor is Fuel is gonna try to go heavily into hip-hop. What a waste. The thugs have their hang outs in the grove, why drag them downtown?

As for Shadow, I've been really wondering just what is going on there. They had a kickass lighting system 2 weeks ago, now for some reason it's the older rig, not even working right...

Originally posted by marick:

as fpr fuel & shadow lounge, neither of them can fill the space they already have let alone buy some other space and open a new club!! shadow is one of the most pathetic excuses for a club i've ever seen!! they've tried everything under the sun from house nights to trance nights to breakbeat nights to local rock/pop/R&B nights...and still they can't fit in or pack the place! my guess is that shadow won't be around for much longer for the simple reason that they can't pull the crowds.

don't know about fuel. however ,you must be joking with reference to shadow lounge. you don't survive as long as shadow has, by pure luck. when was the last time you attended shadow on a saturday nite ?? you can't move in that place on a saturday nite .. shadow is all about pure energy, but then again it's not for everyone.. peace, sobeton

cwm32.gif

------------------

sobeton.jpg

Originally posted by pod:

Shadow gets very crowded ... almost too crowded.

yeah it really does sometimes. shit, even when they used to have big names coming on thursdays, i.e. nick warren, and adam freeland to name a few, that place was packed. and that's just on a thursday!

------------------

I've got the beat...the one for your mind as well as your feet!

AIM: Phatskils2

HEY MARIC OR WHATEVER

HAVE YOU BEEN TO SHADOW LATELY??? I HAVE AND IT GETS PRETTY PACKED.. DID YOU KNOW THAT GA SPINS THERE AND HES ONE OF THE BEST DJS... DUH.. SHADOW IS ONE OF THE BEST TRANCE CLUBS OUT THERE... I GUESS YOU HAVE'NT BEEN TO A GOOD TRANCE CLUB LATELY, I LOVE SHADOW... IT ROCKS AND ALWAYS HAS..... YOU DHOULD EAT YOUR WORDS HONEY.. TRY GOING, I GARANTEE YOU'LL HAVE THE BEST TIME... cwm44.gif

ANOTHER THING MARICK,

YOUR GOING TO SPACE ON THE WRONG DAYS, YOU SHOULD TRY GOING ON A SAT. AFTER HOURS. IT GETS OUT OF HAND... OR ON A FRIDAY... YOUR GOING TO THE RIGHT PLACES BUT THE WRONG DAYS... YOU NEED TO GET INFORMED CORRECTLY B 4 YOU START OPENING YOUR MOUTH HONEY...XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO cwm45.gif

hey marick you don't know what you talking about shadow has been open for a long time and will always longer than any other club, thats the place to be shadow lounge with geoge acosta spinning , and space has not been open for that long and it won't be either , in the same location . and its good on friday and saturday after hours but you should try shadow one more time, because it rocks

cwm44.gif

[This message has been edited by supermanrb (edited 05-01-2001).]

ok, lets see here, i haven't been to shadow lounge on a SATURDAY in a while but i was at crobar for deep dish on a friday a couple weekends ago and we walked by shadow both on the way there (at like 1:30am) and the way back (at 4:00am) and let me tell you, shadow was dead! there was NO one outside when we walked by at 1:30am and they were closed by 4:00am when we left crobar!!

i was there right before conference as well for breeder and there were MAYBE 35/40 people in the place...as for adam freeland, i was there the last time he played shadow and the place was empty! maybe 20 or 30

people, which is just the way i like it!! no dumb ass pretend/fake people running around on E with glow sticks thinking they're the shit!! for derrick may...again EMPTY, maybe 10 or 20 people. i'm going again this friday for the turbo records party. i'll also be at crobar for dave seaman so i'll walk by shadow and see just how bussy they are on a saturday night!

point being, shadow CAN'T pull a crowd anymore and even if they are bussy on saturday nights are you people really stupid enough to think that they will be able to pay their bills and all their other costs from ONE night??? they will be closed by the end of the year!!

as for space, my point was made in my last post...i don't think they're going anywhere...i'll be VERY surprised if they do!!

[This message has been edited by marick (edited 05-03-2001).]

and another thing...

i've lived here for almost 10 years and am quite well informed thank you!! i only go out to clubs on south beach when there is something worth going out for! i am a house/progressive head so maybe thats why i "go to the right places but on the wrong nights" i really can't stand our local dj talant!! as far as i'm concerned they all suck!! the only local dj's with resedentcys on south beach i think are half way decent are stephen luke @ crobar, the guy at people on fridays, the guy @ W6 on fridays and mark vain @ blue on fridays!! other then that miami has a lot to learn!! of course jon cowan, greg chin AKA stryke and wendel are the best of the best miami has to offer but none of them play out here consistantly because they know the samething the rest of us "informed" people know...and that is the miami club scene and crowd is clueless, shit pretentious (sp?), and fake (for the most part)!! why/how we get the international talant we do i have no clue!!

It's obvious you have not been to Space on a Saturday night lately. Oscar G. is by far the best local DJ in my opinion. I highly recommend you go check him out, I'm pretty sure you won't be dissapointed. I ,like you, am a house/progressive fan and I can tell you that it is rocking in there on Saturday nights.

I agree that Jon Cowan and Stryke are amazing DJs as well (I've never heard of Wendel though)so I think we may share the same taste.

The last couple of times I have been to Shadow it has been pretty dead. I think it's hard for them to compete with Crobar and Space.I'll definitely be at Crobar Sat for Dave Seaman then off to afterhours at Space with O.G. GIVE IT A TRY!

PEACE smile.gif

[This message has been edited by kingstreet (edited 05-03-2001).]

You know what Marick, You keep being closed mined, it will defenitly get you somewhere in life..... As for you saying Shadow sucks, I say FUCK IT,we'd rather not have someone like you in such a great club anyways!!!! Thats one less person we have to worry about there!!!!!! You should check out CLUBHOPPERS.net and go under PAPARATZI PICS then go under SHADOW LOUNGE, and you'll see how packed SHADOW really gets!!!!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Since I'm a New Yorker I consider myself very neutral. But I was in Miami last weekend and I attended the 1 year anniversary for Space. I thought it was pretty good considering it was my first time there. I really liked the fact that I was able to buy booze after 4:00 A.M. I can't even do that in New York City. Anyway the day after I decided to give Shadow Lounge a try. I have to say I was very surprised by the cover charge of $30!!!!! My question is, is this normal for Shadow Lounge on Saturday nights? George Acosta wasn't even there that night. I got to say I was a little disappointed in that. Just my 2 cents.

Archived