Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Louie Devito better than Tiesto?

So im browsing along on Billboards website and I got to top electronica albums and The number 1 cd is Louie Devitos Dance divas and its been out over a month and a half and tiestos which cd only came out last week is #3 wtfs wrong with todays electronica listeners. :blown:

Jesus H. Teklord, slyonshomos can you PLEASE PLEASE stop poisoning my optics (and the board) with tiesto posts every 3.5 seconds. If you have to Jayson Blair your posts, please do so. After reading your posts, I go back and re-read my spam mails just to restore my faith in the internet.

Thank you.

I H I

is Louie devitto better than Tiesto? Last I checked that was subjective. Louie devitto isn't trying to do what Tiesto is, and vice versa. Louie Devitto is rediculously successful in bringing electronic music to the masses, and Tiesto is as successul in producing, remixing, and spinning great tracks for trance lovers. Totally different things.

well technically louie devito isn't really a DJ, seeing as he NEVER plays out...

Tiesto is a whole nother story, and a whole nother audience.

the reason devito is #1 on the charts is because he is VERY commercial, and spends a lot of money on advertising. doesn't mean he is quality, he is just highly motivated when it comes to promotion and puts, as someone said before, "dance music for the masses" on his cd's.

remember ppl, the top positions on the billboard charts reflect what the MAINSTREAM public is buying....

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE PUT 2 + 2 Together here!

Remember billboard is based on "SALES"

Tiesto's CD is more art-sey its more of an artist mix.

While

Louie DeVito is a Compilation with say 20 or so of the most popular club hits.

So to the Average boarderline Dance Music Buyer of course they are going to pick up the Louie DeVito CD because the songs are more "Friendly" they know some of the songs already and are banking on the fact that the rest are going to be as good (To Them).

The problem is most of us here in "Clubland" have already written off the songs featured on the DeVito CDs, because we are a few steps ahead of the game.

Originally posted by mattm2o

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE PUT 2 + 2 Together here!

Remember billboard is based on "SALES"

Tiesto's CD is more art-sey its more of an artist mix.

While

Louie DeVito is a Compilation with say 20 or so of the most popular club hits.

So to the Average boarderline Dance Music Buyer of course they are going to pick up the Louie DeVito CD because the songs are more "Friendly" they know some of the songs already and are banking on the fact that the rest are going to be as good (To Them).

The problem is most of us here in "Clubland" have already written off the songs featured on the DeVito CDs, because we are a few steps ahead of the game.

Exactly...us around here are very educated about the music, those who are buying devito's cd's tend not to be and don't care/aren't aware about more underground stuff (for lack of a better word)...

What's really funny is seeing Thalia at number 6 on the electronic albums chart...

As for DeVito, no one knows about him in Holland, and I seriously doubt that he'd be able to play a solo set in NYC in front of 25,000 the way Tiesto has done in his native country of Holland.

Saying that Tiesto is the Louie Devito of Holland is at best an ignorant remark. It's sort of like all the Hard Rock kiddies back in the day talking about Metallica (metal) versus Bon Jovi (poppier Hard Rock). Both successful acts, but very different from one another.

Trance is huge in Holland, but commercial Pop music is defined similarly in Amsterdam as it is in New York (ie Nelly, Britney, etc.). Just listen to Radio 538, Yorin FM, or 3 FM online for proof.

Originally posted by CHRles

What's really funny is seeing Thalia at number 6 on the electronic albums chart...

As for DeVito, no one knows about him in Holland, and I seriously doubt that he'd be able to play a solo set in NYC in front of 25,000 the way Tiesto has done in his native country of Holland.

Saying that Tiesto is the Louie Devito of Holland is at best an ignorant remark. It's sort of like all the Hard Rock kiddies back in the day talking about Metallica (metal) versus Bon Jovi (poppier Hard Rock). Both successful acts, but very different from one another.

Trance is huge in Holland, but commercial Pop music is defined similarly in Amsterdam as it is in New York (ie Nelly, Britney, etc.). Just listen to Radio 538, Yorin FM, or 3 FM online for proof.

trance is huge in europe.....so is techno.....

listening to online radio is as useless as listening to nyc radio stations...

i have been to holland a few times...have friends there...

when his poster is up in all virgin type shops..i consider that pretty mainstream.

calling tiesto underground is an insult to the sewer system.

besides...he plays nowhere near the trippy shit he used to play...the man is marketing himself...not the music.

He's gotten too big to be underground, even though some of the tracks he plays are considered to be on the more underground tip (even in Europe).

And for all the haters, keep in mind that Tiesto is playing at a free event in Holland soon, along with Marco V. and other big names.

He'll also be playing at a free event in Miami on the 4th of July so he's not just about the money, or just promoting himself. What he is right now is the number one ranked DJ in the world so his events get promoted heavily by him, his label, and by promoters at clubs all over the world.