Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When is the NYC Version of CROBAR Nightclub Opening

Originally posted by fwilso01

I was in Crobar today, and i will have pics here on monday....it is a huge set up, similar to buzz or exit.....huge main floor with (what appears to be, even though now it is all steel, pipes, wires and frames) a second level...... Nothing is near done.....but it is taking shape.......it is set up in an L shape. There were at least 5 trucks parked on the main dancefloor area.

Where is it?

Ahhh.. I thought it was where 'SmartPark' was right around the corner...

Hey boy did those guys get screwed, they invested all that $ in a huge parking garage across from this amazing club, and then BAM it goes down.

But Andy I guess you know as well as anyone how eratic the NYC club scene is.

I just hope the opening of these 2 new clubs brings back that vibe that I felt when I first went to Tunnel in 98', then Twilo in 99'. The vibe that sucked me in!

Didnt there use to be some big afterhours place on that block somewhere .. I remeber going there after tunnel back in like .... 96-97

28th between 10 and 11th?

So I guess its next door to the eagle.. The biggest and craziest leather/levi club in nyc =)

i think your talking about Genta?

there has been a few Stab attempts, at clubs in the area, but much smaller, there also was a LOFt space above twilo, that i use to party at, the infamous, Deca party's and the Bump party's where there in 91-93......and then theres this scarey ass leather club there 2, lol

oly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by brandonius54w

June 22 came and went

ANd "spirit" isn't open.

whats up with that.

they were both pushed back due to unforseen problems.

From what I have been told Spirit will open in October and Crobar in September.

Crobar NYC's opening has not been pushed back. We expect to open in late September as scheduled.

Jaysea is not our spokesperson so if you need information either call our office, ask ME! or go to our temporary crobar.com website and go the NYC link on the discussion page.

Originally posted by 530west28

Jaysea is not our spokesperson so if you need information either call our office, ask ME! or go to our temporary crobar.com website and go the NYC link on the discussion page.

this is very true.

Jaysea is just a bitter old drag queen looking for fame once again on GERALDO RIVERA LIVE.

Originally posted by jaysea

Ewwwwww no, you closet faggot!

haha

im in cali,

i hate NY, LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this is the funniest thing i ever heard.....a faggot trying to call a straight person a faggot LMAO!!!

ya know...it just SIMPLY doesn't work :laugh: :laugh:

Anyhow....enjoy the bathhouses in san fran hotstuff.

• 3 weeks later...

seeeee the thing is they can open up limelight again (SCREW THAT STUPID NAME AVALON lmao) and they can open up spirits (where twilo/factory was) and they put all this money into them...... but they will never get that vibe if they follow the same formula they have been............ UMMM WHO THE HELL OPENS A NEW CLUB IN NOVEMBER??? lol that was very stupid when tehy opened limelight back up....... i mean... LOOK HOW MANY PEOPLE WNET but.... after opening night from waht i hear no one went (i didn't even know it oepned up again)...... O AND ANOTHER THING...... WTF IS UP WITH THE CHANDALERS????? lmao....... i think a couple people ripped them down........... PEOPLE DON'T WANT a cookie cutter, vip guestlist status, snobby, dress up club at limelight..... THEY WANT DINDGY TRASHY DARK GOTHIC LIMELIGHT..... cause it fits the venue SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well... no one wants these stupid (as someone put it) "FLUFFY" colored drink clubs..... WE WANT LIMELIGHT back lol...... even if they change the name and keep the old vibve to it i'd be happy...... another thing...... WHAT'S UP WITH THE CLUBBERS THESE DAYS.... sorry i'm still young (went to limelight underage with an id) but all my friends grew up in the whole tunnel twilo limelight time........ grrrr i caught the tail tail end of it...... i just wish people were like they were..... half the poeple i know now can't even stay out till 4 am HAHAHA....... 4AM THAT'S EARLY...... i dunno.... but i KNOW if they made limelight how it was before it would do great...... MAYBE A FEW LITTLE TINY CHANGES........ but nothing more then a few touch ups.... it was jsut fine.... there was no need to gut the place.... ALSO didn't john blair only buy part of limelight???? i think that's why there is still a forsale sign.... they should buy the whole thing........ hehe time for bed

Originally posted by djerik

seeeee the thing is they can open up limelight again (SCREW THAT STUPID NAME AVALON lmao) and they can open up spirits (where twilo/factory was) and they put all this money into them...... but they will never get that vibe if they follow the same formula they have been............ UMMM WHO THE HELL OPENS A NEW CLUB IN NOVEMBER??? lol that was very stupid when tehy opened limelight back up....... i mean... LOOK HOW MANY PEOPLE WNET but.... after opening night from waht i hear no one went (i didn't even know it oepned up again)...... O AND ANOTHER THING...... WTF IS UP WITH THE CHANDALERS????? lmao....... i think a couple people ripped them down........... PEOPLE DON'T WANT a cookie cutter, vip guestlist status, snobby, dress up club at limelight..... THEY WANT DINDGY TRASHY DARK GOTHIC LIMELIGHT..... cause it fits the venue SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well... no one wants these stupid (as someone put it) "FLUFFY" colored drink clubs..... WE WANT LIMELIGHT back lol...... even if they change the name and keep the old vibve to it i'd be happy...... another thing...... WHAT'S UP WITH THE CLUBBERS THESE DAYS.... sorry i'm still young (went to limelight underage with an id) but all my friends grew up in the whole tunnel twilo limelight time........ grrrr i caught the tail tail end of it...... i just wish people were like they were..... half the poeple i know now can't even stay out till 4 am HAHAHA....... 4AM THAT'S EARLY...... i dunno.... but i KNOW if they made limelight how it was before it would do great...... MAYBE A FEW LITTLE TINY CHANGES........ but nothing more then a few touch ups.... it was jsut fine.... there was no need to gut the place.... ALSO didn't john blair only buy part of limelight???? i think that's why there is still a forsale sign.... they should buy the whole thing........ hehe time for bed

:what: :what: :what::rofl: