Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Obligated "I love you's"

thrillfire

I hate saying "I love you" at the end of the conversation on the phone when I don't feel like it and than the other person gets all upset and makes a big deal about it! I don't like when it becomes a routine!

It makes a relationship seem so old... where everything you do HAS to end on "I love you" and eventually its just another phrase like Good Bye...

If you don't love them anymore................then leave them.

When it becomes a chore to do something a simple as telling someone you love them...................then you don't really love them anymore.

You've got good point but,

I mean if you gotten in to a fight or an arguement and you don't feel like saying it... it doesn't mean that one stopped loving another... so i don't think its something to make a big deal about... and create more arguements just because "I love you" wasn't said.

Originally posted by thrillfire

You've got good point but,

I mean if you gotten in to a fight or an arguement and you don't feel like saying it... it doesn't mean that one stopped loving another... so i don't think its something to make a big deal about... and create more arguements just because "I love you" wasn't said.

Well, yeah, that's kind of a different scenario

I hate saying "I love you" at the end of the conversation on the phone when I don't feel like it and than the other person gets all upset and makes a big deal about it! I don't like when it becomes a routine!

It makes a relationship seem so old... where everything you do HAS to end on "I love you" and eventually its just another phrase like Good Bye...

I understand that......I've never been the type of person to say I love you after every single phone call or every time I hung out w/ a bf.......It does become a routine......I feel if the person already knows I love them....Ending a few phone convos w/o saying it isn't exactly the end of the world

how would you change that situation though....i am tired of it too......and it doesn't mean i love someone any less....maybe you just don't want to be appreciative.......it's like doing something over and over and over again, it gets bland......

maybe you can try some other things like "i miss you" "you're my darling".........i dunno.....

.......saying I love you all the time and especially after every single phone call is so completely overplayed........actually I hate it when I'm out somewhere and I just hear a phone converstaion which ends.....with the same old....'I love you',,,,, i think then......how insencere..... u feel the tone of the voice....to say it ....just to say it....for the sake of saying it...not to upset....or create tention.

the LOVE word is used all the time....getting abused.... I mean check out your shopping bags.... dry-cleaning hangers.... they r all full of 'we love our customers'...... it sickens me

In all my relationships.... I had.....I said 'I LOVE YOU' 2 times all together.... when I completely ment it. Its more tought to make ur partner feel loved without saying too much....

4 me its a complete turn on and creates respect.....cause u got to work to hear the magic words.....and damm when u hear them.... you fucking melt....even 23 days later.......just the thought of hearing them again......

You made your bed, now sleep in it. If you didn't inititate or go along with all the I Love You's in the beginning then your partner wouldn't have gotten used to it. Now she's or he's going to sense something is wrong when you don't say it...so ur going to have too... :blown:

I agree, it becomes so routine and automatic, takes away from the meaning and sentiment....

One of my girlfriends is crazy w/always having to say it to her bf before they get off the phone, if he doesn't say it back, she freaks out, calls him back, yells, etc.....It's absurd....

She always says that what if something happens to one of them and they never said I love you for the last time....but if you are demanding to hear it every time you say goodbye, it's meaningless...whatever, babbling here

honestly if my boyfriend told me he loved everyday all the time (a) i would freak if he didnt say all the time cause then i would know he wasnt in love with me anymore and live everyday wondering if today was the day he forgot to say and doesnt feel the same way and end up using the phrase as leverage whenever we fought or (B) ..which is more ME...:D not believe him when he said cause he turned "i love you" into just another expression like i dont know maybe....HEY WHATS UP?!

you are so right on so many levels