Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who you want to see in Miami Poll....

lyrik

Ok, with all the threads about Miami not bringing in diverse talent I decided to try to start a poll to receive feedback from all of you out there that are feeling a little deprived of a well balanced musical diet. Hopefully the club owners/promoters will take notice and view this as an informational tool for up coming events. All I ask is to list your top DJs/Acts you would love to see brought to Miami that you normally would NEVER see here, except during the WMC. You can be as bias and obscure as you want and select any genre. Just please list artists that are VERY, VERY, VERY RARELY EVER HERE IF EVER. Here are my top requests:

1. DJ HEATHER (Chicago)***

2. Dubtribe Soundsystem (San Fran)

3. Fred Everything (UK)

4. Blake Baxter & DJ Bone (Detroit)

5. Chris Duckenfield (SWAG - UK)

6. Justin Long (Chicago)

7. Justin Harris (UK)

8. Feelgood (Baltimore)

9. Mark Farina (San Fran)

10. Mazi (Chicago)

Check out this club in Chicago....www.zentranightclub.com

hell of a rotation of talent....makes me wish I could visit home more often.

That is ok buddy, I feel exactly the same way about your taste in music. I just have always had the respect not to denouce your thoughts on the scene. By the way, have you ever seen ANY of them????

Originally posted by lyrik

That is ok buddy, I feel exactly the same way about your taste in music. I just have always had the respect not to denouce your thoughts on the scene. By the way, have you ever seen ANY of them????

hells no he hasn't and i hope he keeps it that way.

tsettos in miami is the missing link

bring the siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickness down!

Originally posted by lyrik

2. Dubtribe Soundsystem (San Fran)

I LOVE DUBTRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are my favorites. No one is dubbier and deeper.

I'd like to see

Andy Caldwell

Swayzak

Timewriter

Chicane (doing an ambient set in a small setting)

Danny Howells much much much more often

I could do this all day but these are the ones I can think of right now that stand out.

dope list lyrik. Im feeling ya on a lot of those.....justin long, haven't heard his name in a looong time. BTW ...right on about zentra's espessially when Koncept those partys there. I cant believe some of the djs the book......

JOHN ACQUAVIVA @ MAZE/NERVE

RICARDO VILLALOBOS @ NERVE

I'd also like to add

Stryke (doing an ambient set in a small setting) on a weekend of course :D This guys production work is incredible! I'm not to big on techno although the times I've heard him live he's been great. I would have to say I'm more of a fan of his production work. Strykes album Pages from the blue diary is arranged beautifully. He touched on pretty much every end of the dance spectrum. Most talented local kat IMO. I would really like to hear him in a small intimate setting where there's no pressure to play floor killers.

Justin is one of my hometown favs....been a loooong time since I've seen him...back to my rave days ---> 95' was all Justin Long and crazy ghetto westside chicago parties for me. Not to mention a then little known DJ Heather just making a name for herself in the scene.

How far underground has come...DJ Heather best new DJ this year....how can she be new if she has been banging for over 10 years now...damn has it really been that long. Ahh the memories.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by diegonyc

hells no he hasn't and i hope he keeps it that way.

tsettos in miami is the missing link

bring the siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickness down!

jokes on you little boy...

you stole your logo from a rap group:laugh:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I'd also like to add

Stryke (doing an ambient set in a small setting) on a weekend of course :D This guys production work is incredible! I'm not to big on techno although the times I've heard him live he's been great. I would have to say I'm more of a fan of his production work. Strykes album Pages from the blue diary is arranged beautifully. He touched on pretty much every end of the dance spectrum. Most talented local kat IMO. I would really like to hear him in a small intimate setting where there's no pressure to play floor killers.

Agree 100% :hat:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I'd also like to add

Lee,

this is happening get in contact with me. It's going to be at Jazid on Sunday night. :)

I hope to see you there.

Regards,

Ramon

Restricted Management

My prayers have already been answered on this one and....

Mauro Picotto ....already comes!!!!!

Then I have ....

Carl Cox

Liquid Todd

Mario Piu

Pete Tong

Erick Morillo

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing DJ Tomcraft.

:cool:

Quote from Meganite:

Mauro has also changed his DJ style preferring the pounding grooves of tech house however he was keen to state " I am not a Techno DJ nor a Trance DJ nor a house DJ, I’m just a DJ, I play music I like and think that can change the atmosphere in a club. I wish people would be more open minded sometimes, after all there's only two types of music...good or bad!"

I know, Fred was one person I wanted to catch this year at the WMC. Still Heather made up for it all Thurs at Bash....best I ever seen her...she was insane!

I wish someone would bring her down....she destroys dancefloors...I don't think I have ever seen anyone standing around during one of her sets.