Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Stryke review up on Cooljunkie.com

digital7

It would have been a better review if you devoted more time and effort to recreating the event so we could “live it†through your words instead of just writing a fluff piece for Stryke. Stryke is awesome, but your review is not.

What was the vibe? How did the people react/respond?

Guest saleen351

review sucked.... it was a fluff piece...

crowd?

sound?

venue?

vibe?

location?

time?

cover?

you asked him for tracks and you typed them into your review.. I know most of those tracks and have them, but i probably would not be able to pick them out in his sets, cause he fucks wiith the tracks so much...

i contacted nick and told him, his site seems to just post "PC" reviews and never take it up a notch....

I am a techno geek however and i recognized most of those tracks. anyway as if you would've been there you would've recognized those mills tracks since you are a big fan of liquid lounge and you know he plays alarms and the bells in every set. Satellite Serenade (Orb Mix) was on northern exposure 1 if you don't know that i don't know what to tell you. He also played a load of John Beltran stuff. Stryke's new track 'Domino' is a monster wait till you hear that out. Massive bassline great percussion gonna be a big one for Coxy this summer. Some of the minimal stuff he was playing was phenomenal.

Regarding the rest of the details.

It was nice intimate crowd of friends and people who stopped by to check out the night and I thank them.

The sound is not the best in the world but its enough for that room, go check out the next night to see what I mean. Its more than adequate for that room.

The vibe was great people were havin a drink and listening to Stryke and having a good time. It's not your regular clubnight and I don't expect it to be. Its just something different to do on a sunday and showcase some dj's and some music that does not get enough attention here.

location is 1342 Washington Avenue @ Jazid (Upstairs) if I have my way this will be happening on a weekly basis. Expect the unexpected.

Time we went from 10:00PM Sharp till about 2:30

There is no cover which should get some people out to this. No cover amazing dj's and great music. How does that not add up. Also their drinks are great. They come in a real glass and have real alcohol. I had a couple of Crown and Coke's and they were straight up on point. Water provided by Saratoga. Good water believe me I had like 3 :)

However what you missed most Nick was the ability to see Stryke create music in front of you with the 303 and the 909. There was a crowd of people going wtf is going on here when they heard it. It sounded very Hawtin like or maybe Greg like or maybe just a little of both. It sounded fuckin great.

My advice to you is make the drive down to the next night and make up your own mind. A review is just someone's perspective of the night you can't base your opinion from that. It's just someone giving their story about what happened.

I have June all booked already and I'm looking to start filling July. :)

Regards,

Ramon Crespo

Restricted Management

thanks for the kind words danny. i had a great time, even w/ my bad back doing its thing! it was actually my first time @ jazid. i'll be back to support ya ramon. much thanks to all who made it out. you pod, think i can snag some pics from that night from you for my updated website?

paz y'all,

greg

I was only able to hang out for a little bit over an hour or so, much to my dismay, but I had to go to work in the morning.

Nonetheless, I had a really great time both checking out what Greg was up to behind the assortment of instruments at his disposal and watching him work it all together as well as chit chatting with some of the CPers that came by. Jazid is a great place for both those things to take place.

I'm sorry I missed the Satellite Serenade...that is such a fine track!!!

Peace,

FX

Your welcome Greg, you know you have my full support. Thanks for making it a night to remember!

What's funny is maybe if Saleen351 and Guyman1966 would have shown up, they probably could have written a better review of the night. It's not my fault they fail to see the 'bigger picture' of my review...

those guys are just a bunch of armchair quaterbacks..

jerk off's

Originally posted by digital7

What's funny is maybe if Saleen351 and Guyman1966 would have shown up, they probably could have written a better review of the night. It's not my fault they fail to see the 'bigger picture' of my review...

jerk off's

The entire reason for you to write a review is to communicate the experience of the event. The only thing you communicated is that Stryke is a great DJ. But, we know that already. You provided us with no flavor or atmosphere. If you can't take constructive criticism, maybe you should not publish anything.

It was one of the worst written reviews I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. Its not even up to Dade Community College standards.

Originally posted by guyman1966

The entire reason for you to write a review is to communicate the experience of the event. The only thing you communicated is that Stryke is a great DJ. But, we know that already. You provided us with no flavor or atmosphere. If you can't take constructive criticism, maybe you should not publish anything.

It was one of the worst written reviews I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. Its not even up to Dade Community College standards.

:eek::D:laugh: :laugh:

damn, :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by digital7

Your welcome Greg, you know you have my full support. Thanks for making it a night to remember!

jerk off's

you should of just posted a pic of you blowing stryke instead of writting that review.....

i'm not a professional writer, but i think my reviews give details so people get an idea of what the night was really about....

:idea:

Guest saleen351

hmm3grin2orange.gif

Originally posted by saleen351

you should of just posted a pic of you blowing stryke instead of writting that review.....

i'm not a professional writer, but i think my reviews give details so people get an idea of what the night was really about....

:idea:

not for nothing but your reviews are almost as bad as your taste im tuneage.

im just being honest...

Originally posted by diegonyc

not for nothing but your reviews are almost as bad as your taste im tuneage.

im just being honest...

I have to agree. Saleen - Your recent work has not had the same impact and feel of your old work. Its almost like your heart is not in it. Next review please give us more feeling.

I have to agree. Saleen - Your recent work has not had the same impact and feel of your old work. Its almost like your heart is not in it. Next review please give us more feeling.

You guys - all reviews are written with different feelings, views, and style.

This little debate is getting old. So Danny's review was more technical and didn't talk about pigeons, dirty hoe's or he didn't bash anything. Get over it.:rolleyes:

:D