Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Infusion and Dave Seaman Official Roll Call

laliux

Originally posted by thehog

I might have to show up for this.

But for GOD sakes make sure the beer is cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hear that!

when i was there during the conference, it seemed that every bar i went to had warm beers.

:mad:

DANCE MUSIC/Michael Hamersly hed

DJ Dave Seaman a man of Nerve

Since he was 8 years old, British-born Dave Seaman knew he wanted to be a DJ, back in 1976, ``way before DJing was what it is today.''

Most 8-year-olds are more concerned about watching SpongeBob SquarePants than choosing a career path. But Seaman, who grew up with a steady soundtrack of Beatles, Barry White and The Carpenters, found his muse early, spinning records for school dances and weddings throughout his teen years.

''When the DJ revolution took off in 1987-88, I'd been DJing for quite a few years,'' Seaman says on the phone from a Montreal hotel, shortly before catching a flight to Toronto, where he was to spin at Lotus. ``It was just right time, right place.''

Kind of like his monthly gig at South Beach's beloved Groovejet in 1998-99, ``probably the highlight for me when I lived in America.''

Seaman makes his gig tonight at Nerve sound like a homecoming, though it's a different venue.

''I haven't been down to Miami for a while now,'' he says, ``outside of the [Winter Music] Conference. I'm really looking forward to it. [Groovejet] was a really nice vibe, a good regular crowd, and progressive house was really taking off on South Beach. We had a lot of crazy parties.''

Tonight looks to capture that spirit: Seaman gets behind the decks with longtime friend and local favorite Jonathan Cowan for a show billed as the five-year anniversary of the old Groovejet residency. To honor that time, Seaman will play a kind of ''journey'' set ranging from the older Groovejet classics to his music of today.

The guys hooked up in 1996, when Cowan launched Bliss Productions, a dance label whose roster now rivals the big U.K. outfits. Bliss began gaining momentum through shows at Shadow Lounge, with Dave Seaman as its inaugural resident.

''We just got on very well,'' Seaman says of Cowan and the Shadow Lounge gigs. ``We partied afterward and had a great time, and we became quite good friends. We moved the party to a few different places, and ended up at Groovejet, which became our home for a year or so.''

There's talk of doing something similar with Nerve.

''Hopefully, this might become a regular night down in South Beach,'' Seaman says. ``Not necessarily every month -- I couldn't afford to commit to every month when there's so many great things going on around the world -- but it'd be nice to do it two or three times a year. So we'll see how it develops.''

`STUNNING'

Along for the Nerve ride tonight is the new Australian electronic trio Infusion, whose remixing skill is renowned and whose live show has been compared to Underworld. Raved Muzik magazine: ``Stunning. A force to be reckoned with.''

Though Nerve is even smaller (400-450 capacity) than Groovejet was, Seaman can tailor his sound accordingly.

''You kind of work things out after being there for a half-hour or so,'' he says. ``I mean, last night I played at Stereo in Montreal, which is quite a beautiful club, with a great sound system and all, but it was a Thursday night, and there was really no reason to go all out, so it was an early finish at 3 o'clock.

``So there was no way we could go deep and dark and underground -- we played a lot of records everybody knew.''

It'll be different at Nerve, however, with time for each artist to develop a groove.

''Between the three of us, I think we'll take care of all night,'' Seaman says. ``You kind of just work out as the night goes what people need, and as a DJ, that's your job -- to send as many people home happy as possible.''

DIFFERENT MUSIC

Seaman's style of progressive house is similar to fellow giants Sasha & Digweed, Paul Oakenfold and Timo Maas: While the occasional well-known anthem ( Brother Brown's Under the Water, Moby's South Side, Polaroid's So Damn Beautiful) peppers the mix, the tracks flow together seamlessly, dipping into tribal grooves, driving basslines and soaring vocals. Seaman's high-profile compilation CDs for Renaissance and Global Underground, (he plans to release his first artist album next spring) and his more downtempo contribution to the popular Back to Mine DJ series reflect his diverse tastes.

''I listen to all sorts of different music,'' he explains. ``If it's a great record, it's a great record. I'll buy anything -- I mean, Christina Aguilera's Beautiful is one of my favorite records of the year. And I thought Justin [Timberlake]'s album was fantastic. I listen to as much different music as I can, because there are only two styles of music, you know? Good or bad.''

Seaman avoids the dance-music snobbery that can befall some DJs.

''There are great country-and-western records and there are crap techno records,'' he says. ``So how can you say techno is better than country and western? It's as simple as that.''

•_Dave Seaman spins tonight at Nerve, 247 23rd. St., Miami Beach, along with Infusion, Jonathan Cowan and resident Ariel Baund; doors open at 10 p.m.; $20; open bar till 12; 305-695-8697.

Originally posted by happyface

Its gonna be a crazy night hope all of you fellows have a great time I wont be far from there,I need to see EDGAR V!!! Let us know how it went. PEACE

edgar is amazing for sure but he's local... playing south florida week in week out... dave seaman is one of the top ten dj's in the world and not here that often.... shouldn't you check out the special event?? just curious

Originally posted by ogmiami

DANCE MUSIC/Michael Hamersly hed

DJ Dave Seaman a man of Nerve

Since he was 8 years old, British-born Dave Seaman knew he wanted to be a DJ, back in 1976, ``way before DJing was what it is today.''

Most 8-year-olds are more concerned about watching SpongeBob SquarePants than choosing a career path. But Seaman, who grew up with a steady soundtrack of Beatles, Barry White and The Carpenters, found his muse early, spinning records for school dances and weddings throughout his teen years.

''When the DJ revolution took off in 1987-88, I'd been DJing for quite a few years,'' Seaman says on the phone from a Montreal hotel, shortly before catching a flight to Toronto, where he was to spin at Lotus. ``It was just right time, right place.''

Kind of like his monthly gig at South Beach's beloved Groovejet in 1998-99, ``probably the highlight for me when I lived in America.''

Seaman makes his gig tonight at Nerve sound like a homecoming, though it's a different venue.

''I haven't been down to Miami for a while now,'' he says, ``outside of the [Winter Music] Conference. I'm really looking forward to it. [Groovejet] was a really nice vibe, a good regular crowd, and progressive house was really taking off on South Beach. We had a lot of crazy parties.''

Tonight looks to capture that spirit: Seaman gets behind the decks with longtime friend and local favorite Jonathan Cowan for a show billed as the five-year anniversary of the old Groovejet residency. To honor that time, Seaman will play a kind of ''journey'' set ranging from the older Groovejet classics to his music of today.

The guys hooked up in 1996, when Cowan launched Bliss Productions, a dance label whose roster now rivals the big U.K. outfits. Bliss began gaining momentum through shows at Shadow Lounge, with Dave Seaman as its inaugural resident.

''We just got on very well,'' Seaman says of Cowan and the Shadow Lounge gigs. ``We partied afterward and had a great time, and we became quite good friends. We moved the party to a few different places, and ended up at Groovejet, which became our home for a year or so.''

There's talk of doing something similar with Nerve.

''Hopefully, this might become a regular night down in South Beach,'' Seaman says. ``Not necessarily every month -- I couldn't afford to commit to every month when there's so many great things going on around the world -- but it'd be nice to do it two or three times a year. So we'll see how it develops.''

`STUNNING'

Along for the Nerve ride tonight is the new Australian electronic trio Infusion, whose remixing skill is renowned and whose live show has been compared to Underworld. Raved Muzik magazine: ``Stunning. A force to be reckoned with.''

Though Nerve is even smaller (400-450 capacity) than Groovejet was, Seaman can tailor his sound accordingly.

''You kind of work things out after being there for a half-hour or so,'' he says. ``I mean, last night I played at Stereo in Montreal, which is quite a beautiful club, with a great sound system and all, but it was a Thursday night, and there was really no reason to go all out, so it was an early finish at 3 o'clock.

``So there was no way we could go deep and dark and underground -- we played a lot of records everybody knew.''

It'll be different at Nerve, however, with time for each artist to develop a groove.

''Between the three of us, I think we'll take care of all night,'' Seaman says. ``You kind of just work out as the night goes what people need, and as a DJ, that's your job -- to send as many people home happy as possible.''

DIFFERENT MUSIC

Seaman's style of progressive house is similar to fellow giants Sasha & Digweed, Paul Oakenfold and Timo Maas: While the occasional well-known anthem ( Brother Brown's Under the Water, Moby's South Side, Polaroid's So Damn Beautiful) peppers the mix, the tracks flow together seamlessly, dipping into tribal grooves, driving basslines and soaring vocals. Seaman's high-profile compilation CDs for Renaissance and Global Underground, (he plans to release his first artist album next spring) and his more downtempo contribution to the popular Back to Mine DJ series reflect his diverse tastes.

''I listen to all sorts of different music,'' he explains. ``If it's a great record, it's a great record. I'll buy anything -- I mean, Christina Aguilera's Beautiful is one of my favorite records of the year. And I thought Justin [Timberlake]'s album was fantastic. I listen to as much different music as I can, because there are only two styles of music, you know? Good or bad.''

Seaman avoids the dance-music snobbery that can befall some DJs.

''There are great country-and-western records and there are crap techno records,'' he says. ``So how can you say techno is better than country and western? It's as simple as that.''

•_Dave Seaman spins tonight at Nerve, 247 23rd. St., Miami Beach, along with Infusion, Jonathan Cowan and resident Ariel Baund; doors open at 10 p.m.; $20; open bar till 12; 305-695-8697.

Thanx Dade ... :aright:

BTW ... this appeared today in The Miami Herald ... :hat:

Originally posted by jcbliss

edgar is amazing for sure but he's local... playing south florida week in week out... dave seaman is one of the top ten dj's in the world and not here that often.... shouldn't you check out the special event?? just curious

Its true what you said ,but ive seen Seaman twice this year @ Club Spin for conference and also @ Ultra enjoyed both of his sets especially @ SPIN along with Pappas,but he doesnt drive me crazy. I would check him out again but not tonight.

Have fun!!!

Originally posted by happyface

Its true what you said ,but ive seen Seaman twice this year @ Club Spin for conference and also @ Ultra enjoyed both of his sets especially @ SPIN along with Pappas,but he doesnt drive me crazy. I would check him out again but not tonight.

Have fun!!!

If I wasn't 'bostero' I think you'd come to checkout Infusion Live ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

j/k:D :D :D ... support Edgar ... he's a Kool Kat ... :hat:

LOL VIP !! Being a bostero doesnt have anything to do with it!! Most of my family are anyways but what can you do? For sure I would catch em the next time and maybe we can put the soccer aside maybe for just a day and :beer:

I'll show up with the shirt that has la franja roja...........:D

Originally posted by livin42nite

only a few hours away, is everybody ready to :party: Jon after this event what else you got in store for us. I know you realize its gonna be tough to top an event like this.

Klit ... you will be astonished :eek: :eek:;):D :D :D